London Calling

Batley Bob

40 minutes ago, colinb said:

Losing 18-4 Half Time. Other than Fax, all below us are losing also.

Cmon lads, dig in.  

Losing 30-10. Where's our defence gone. London tries scored by numbers 1,2,3,5. 

Edited by colinb

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

16 minutes ago, colinb said:

Losing 30-10. Where's our defence gone. London tries scored by numbers 1,2,3,5. 

Final score 30-20 but just one try less than London so not a bad effort. Conceding just after scoring seems to be a problem.  

28 minutes ago, Bill H said:

Final score 30-20 but just one try less than London so not a bad effort. Conceding just after scoring seems to be a problem.  

Thankfully all positions remain the same in top 6. Phew. Dews n Bulls next.  

• Like 1

You fancy beating Bulls Colin? We're low on energy, low on creativeness, low on interest and I know it's easy to say but some minds seem to be elsewhere. Cues on the rack.

12 minutes ago, phildog said:

You fancy beating Bulls Colin? We're low on energy, low on creativeness, low on interest and I know it's easy to say but some minds seem to be elsewhere. Cues on the rack.

Yes I do. Agree to some extent with your comments, but think our back room boys plus Linners will get them fired up for Dewsbury, then take Bulls on at our house. That'll give us 4th place and that'll do me. 

Think it will go down to final game as Barrow lined up to win their next 3 and we won't beat leigh away, so 5th for us I reckon.

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Hopefully we can rediscover our mojo 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

19 hours ago, phildog said:

I hadn't realised you had gone to the game Phil.

Which of the players do you think are low on interest and have put the cue on the rack?

Edited by DOGFATHER

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Where were the supporters?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Wasn't at the game yesterday Dogfather, don't need to see one game to confirm a fact. We lost to Widnes before we got to the 3 games in 8 days; we were off the pace that day, several were short on interest then and I don't think that can be denied. Then 3 on the bounce, not just bad luck but convincingly beaten. There needs to be an immediate return to the 'Batley way' in the next 2 games, the 2 most important games of the season in my opinion for play-off confidence. 

10 hours ago, phildog said:

Wasn't at the game yesterday Dogfather, don't need to see one game to confirm a fact. We lost to Widnes before we got to the 3 games in 8 days; we were off the pace that day, several were short on interest then and I don't think that can be denied. Then 3 on the bounce, not just bad luck but convincingly beaten. There needs to be an immediate return to the 'Batley way' in the next 2 games, the 2 most important games of the season in my opinion for play-off confidence. 

Go on then Phil, name which players have "for a fact" -your words- "lost interest and put the queue on the rack".

Can you also tell me, which of those players you are about to name, are 100% fit, are not carrying knocks, or playing with injuries? 

What you seem to be leaving out of yet another of your inane negative postings is: -

The Widnes game was preceded by a very tough away game at York, on a Monday night, after a full day at work, on the hottest day on record! Which we won.

Not an excuse, but a fact!

Then, we backed that up with 3 games in 8 days, winning 2 of them.

The 3 on the bounce.

We lost against Barrow and Halifax, hardly what you could call easy beats, as there respective league positions will attest.

Halifax away 3rd game in 8 days.

Barrow, we had both hookers out,and Gledhill pulled out just prior to kick off. Brown, who was due to be rested, probably due to carrying a knock, played instead.

London beat Halifax a month ago 30-10. Which shows they are a very different side from the one we thumped earlier in the season, and again not a bad side. Not forgetting we also went in to the game with a cobbled together squad, and probably the only 17 we had, which included 2 lads that had been out on loan in L1 for most of the season.

How do these facts, point you to your conclusion that we lack interest and have put the queue on the rack, and are not just suffering with injuries, with a small squad? 

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, phildog said:

Just seen the highlights; London's first 2 tries came off passes that far forward they were in next week's match....

🙀 😿 😿

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

58 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

🙀 😿 😿

I know BSJ.

it's quite embarrassing isn't it?

• Like 1

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.