Championship Round 24. Barrow v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 21st August 2022.

marklaspalmas

Just four games left now and what I think will be a really test for Rovers, away to a club that will now fancy themselves to finish Top 4.

From the XVII that beat Dewsbury so convincingly  only Leilua appeared to pick up a slight knock.

Gale, JSL, Lockwood and Fleming were all in contention for a place last week. Surely Locky for example will be back against Barrow?

Then we'll be waiting for Jacks and Bussey, with Ferres also sidelined and Hepi suspended. 

A solid show on attack and defence in Cumbria (yes I know....) will go a long way towards building momentum for the playoffs. 

Up The Rovers

Edited by marklaspalmas

16 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Just four games left now and what I think will be a really test for Rovers, away to a club that will now fancy themselves to finish Top 4.

From the XVII that beat Dewsbury so convincingly  only Leilua appeared to pick up a slight knock.

Gale, JSL, Lockwood and Fleming were all in contention for a place last week. Surely Locky for example will be back against Barrow?

Then we'll be waiting for Jacks and Bussey, with Ferres also sidelined and Hepi suspended. 

A solid show on attack and defence in Cumbria (yes I know....) will go a long way towards building momentum for the playoffs. 

Up The Rovers

I wouldn't have Locky in my 17 given how well Springer, Eseh etc have played recently, unless there are injuries or players need a rest. He's been a great servant to the club, but for me others offer more now.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2022 at 13:51, J Phil Loxton said:

Yeah but don't think you've won the cup if you beat us cos Batley haven't been the same since🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mate we have achieved way more than we thought we would, can you say same with the players you have ?

Anyway hopefully those of you coming have a decent day off the pitch.

15 minutes ago, Left Winger said:

Mate we have achieved way more than we thought we would, can you say same with the players you have ?

Very tempted to make the trip it's the only champ ground I've not been to, but my Mrs seems to think I should be doing some DIY or something.

Silly woman.

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Left Winger said:

I'm happy with how our players have gone. You can't be higher than second- Not in this league. For what it's worth Barrow have done marvellous and your fans should be proper Ch*ffed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I'm happy with how our players have gone. You can't be higher than second- Not in this league. For what it's worth Barrow have done marvellous and your fans should be proper Ch*ffed.

All true.

1 hour ago, Left Winger said:

Came in May for weekend,  enjoyed it so coming again tomorrow, football Saturday Rugby Sunday. Good away 'day'  on a par with Batley and Dewsbury.

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Came in May for weekend,  enjoyed it so coming again tomorrow, football Saturday Rugby Sunday. Good away 'day'  on a par with Batley and Dewsbury.

Great to here that Barrow getting some positive feedback. Enjoy your weekend mate.

Edited by Left Winger
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Left Winger said:

Great to here nice to hear the Barrow getting some positive feedback. Enjoy your weekend mate.

We really enjoyed the hospitality and the town, bet it was nice in its heyday. Some lovely old buildings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Any team announcement yet?

It's on twitter every week if you want to find it. 😉

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I listened on the match on Radio Cumbria. and it seems like another horror show on defence. Ford off with a head knock and Wildie with a serious leg injury , it seems.  Just as the play offs are approaching Just our luck.