Jump to content

Another win for london under cliff Eccles


Recommended Posts

Hats off to Cliff Eccles for turning around the fortunes of london broncos this year. 

I could see when they played widnes a while back that they had some decent players

It will be a great championship division next year with the  addition of keighley cougars also 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Looking forward to going to the Leigh and Barrow matches when we are back for school in just over a weeks time.

Havant been to Wimbledon yet as the 2 times we have seen the Broncos this season were when they played at Gravesend including the come back v Sheffield Eagles which we never saw as they were so bad we buggered off early to watch the T/Twenty Cricket at Canterbury:(

Paul

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next year,  providing gas and electricity prices dont hit £500 a month,  im gonna take in a london home game as well as NW Crusaders,  Cornwall and maybe Catalan Dragons

It will be under the guise of a weekend away with my wife. 

 

Thats not unreasonable surely 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic under his reign 7 wins out of 10 games I believe it is.With the same squad, no new signings brought in.Moved a few lads around in positions and has paid dividends.

Would be very smart to sign him as coach along with some lads who have really spearheaded the turn around. 

But who knows with the powers that be !

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Is this the same Cliff Eccles who played for Salford and Widnes etc?

There's only one Cliff Eccles, the prop who played when Salford ended the Wigan Challenge Cup run.....like yesterday.

  • Like 1

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wrong Eccles 🙂   Its Mike

Assuming DH sticks with him as coach, and gives him a budget to strengthen the team, then London could challenge for the playoffs next year (will still be a way behind Fev and Tolouse),  but its a real big IF here.   

Going off history, we will lose most of the squad at the end of the season,  and it will be another rebuilding season next year (although not as bad as this one), but I'll believe Londons chances when I see the squad and Coach come mid Jan 2023

Edited by crashmon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, The storm said:

Next year,  providing gas and electricity prices dont hit £500 a month,  im gonna take in a london home game as well as NW Crusaders,  Cornwall and maybe Catalan Dragons

It will be under the guise of a weekend away with my wife. 

 

Thats not unreasonable surely 

Your wife sounds like a very lucky lady. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Fantastic under his reign 7 wins out of 10 games I believe it is.With the same squad, no new signings brought in.Moved a few lads around in positions and has paid dividends.

Would be very smart to sign him as coach along with some lads who have really spearheaded the turn around. 

But who knows with the powers that be !

Shows how poor Coleman was..........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/08/2022 at 08:48, crashmon said:

wrong Eccles 🙂   Its Mike

Assuming DH sticks with him as coach, and gives him a budget to strengthen the team, then London could challenge for the playoffs next year (will still be a way behind Fev and Tolouse),  but its a real big IF here.   

Going off history, we will lose most of the squad at the end of the season,  and it will be another rebuilding season next year (although not as bad as this one), but I'll believe Londons chances when I see the squad and Coach come mid Jan 2023

Reckon London have learned from this year and Eccles will stay on along with a number of the squad! Will need a couple of centres, a half and middles to bolster squad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.