Toulouse out of pocket again

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Having more lads playing the game would be impacting on our international strength?

On Newnan is he just unlucky or brittle?, not worth risking a squad place with him in the world cup if he keeps breaking down.

Having more substandard lads in Academies would damage the quality of the output. Yes? Same reason why we don't have everyone in the top division!

I think he has been rushed back a couple of times tbh. He's also a bit guilty of trying too hard at times, which can exacerbate things by overworking himself.

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Nope.

Just wanted you to explicitly accuse the RFL of corruption.

Getting Harry too was a bonus, mind.

Explain how they tried to ignore an 80% finished LSV , but we're happy to accept drawings of stadia from CAS,Wakey,Salford and Celtic Crusaders , of which ONE has actually happened 14 years later ? 

You're a clever bloke , should be an easy one 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Even if Leigh had an Academy don’t you think a lot of those amateur Leigh lads would still have signed for Wigan.or Saints.

For years Leigh fans on here used that argument to justify not needing an academy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Even if Leigh had an Academy don’t you think a lot of those amateur Leigh lads would still have signed for Wigan.or Saints.

You know as well as I do Dav, lads who know each other and gros up together especially those who bond together in a team game such as RL tend to try to stick together, it only needs a couple of those lads to sign and their mates would follow.

Just now, Damien said:

For years Leigh fans on here used that argument to justify not needing an academy.

They did. Although, to be fair, the main holder of that view doesn't appear to have posted on here for a long, long time.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As I know that was the first years input.

Take Leigh out of it H and its a 1 year plan for an academy for a team likely to be relegated anyway in an already well served area backed financially for only that 1 year. And even then, is £400k enough?

You wouldn't support that in any other circumstance than Leigh surely?

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

You know as well as I do Dav, lads who know each other and gros up together especially those who bond together in a team game such as RL tend to try to stick together, it only needs a couple of those lads to sign and their mates would follow.

If an academy is reliant on that as a recruitment philosophy then they are stuffed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Explain how they tried to ignore an 80% finished LSV , but we're happy to accept drawings of stadia from CAS,Wakey,Salford and Celtic Crusaders , of which ONE has actually happened 14 years later ? 

Was it because there was a range of criteria, each assigned a different published score, of which the stadium was only one?

Would you like to also explicitly accuse the RFL of corruption?

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Something I do agree with , doesn't mean we should be denied , same applies to you , I hope to see you defending us next time we get criticised for it 

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

In that case don't you EVER criticise Leigh for not having one , and I expect you to defend us against anybody else EVER criticising us for it in the future 

You do realise that if Leigh were granted an academy license they could actually recruit from outside of Leigh ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Oh here we go 

Leeds spend 10 million a year on their academy , they have 73 people running it , the players all get gold plated boots 

Leeds , Leeds , Leeds , Leeds 

Nah we don't actually. But that is because everything else is more attractive around it. Leeds take the mick with academy players, but that they choose to come and then stay says it all about the competition...

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Celtic crusaders played in Wrexham in a better stadium than LSV

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

If an academy is reliant on that as a recruitment philosophy then they are stuffed.

Brown envelopes work much better , that and giving their parents bragging rights down the pub 

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

They really wouldn’t 

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Was it because there was a range of criteria, each assigned a different published score, of which the stadium was only one?

Would you like to also explicitly accuse the RFL of corruption?

That's not the point , they asked us to remove it from the application , why would they do that ? 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Something I do agree with , doesn't mean we should be denied , same applies to you , I hope to see you defending us next time we get criticised for it 

I know you were one of the posters that had said it previously.

I agree Leigh shouldn't be denied an academy and have already said so many times since the academy decision was made.

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

It's a European Super League that doesn't generate much (if any) revenue outside of the UK.

The were never scores for licensing. It was entirely corrupt, the main criteria seemed to be incumbency.

Does Catalan not generate revenue?

Would you say that if it doesn't its a failure of the chairmen of the teams that made up the league?

There were scores for licensing and graded licenses given. It drove forward stadium improvements and brought a lot of talent from different parts of the country to RL. This talent pathway has now dissapeard in huge parts of the country.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Please give me some credit Tommy, you are better than that.

Please give me some credit Harry.

Lads go to the best options available. The clubs recruiting by mates going some place aren't the clubs recruiting the best lads.