Toulouse out of pocket again

2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Celtic crusaders played in Wrexham in a better stadium than LSV

Celtic Crusaders played at Brewery Field Bridgend , I know this because I went there watching them twice , they submitted a new stadium plan built on the same footprint , they also included in their submission a capacity at Brewery Field that included a Rock concert by that Bryan Adams bloke 😂

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Please give me some credit Harry.

Lads go to the best options available. The clubs recruiting by mates going some place aren't the clubs recruiting the best lads.

If that was the stratergy to run an academy, I would not back it either but we would be foolish if we did not spread our wings as other clubs do.

Edited by Harry Stottle

29 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Celtic Crusaders played at Brewery Field Bridgend , I know this because I went there watching them twice , they submitted a new stadium plan built on the same footprint , they also included in their submission a capacity at Brewery Field that included a Rock concert by that Bryan Adams bloke 😂

And then relocated to Wrexham...

After the last few days I'm surprised that Leigh don't rebel and start their own league. They can have a governing body that isn't corrupt, their own academy and ensure that all squads that have got to be born within 2 miles of the stadium, no need for foreign teams, and bonus points for extra away fans. They can even sponsor the league themselves. They could get more funding than the rest of the league as well.

Just now, glossop saint said:

After the last few days I'm surprised that Leigh don't rebel and start their own league. They can have a governing body that isn't corrupt, their own academy and ensure that all squads that have got to be born within 2 miles of the stadium, no need for foreign teams, and bonus points for extra away fans. They can even sponsor the league themselves. They could get more funding than the rest of the league as well.

Is that the best you can do, pretty poor effort at humour.

38 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Leigh were relegated at the time the academy was proposed?

No, the licences were awarded on the 21st May 2021 albeit I would concede Leigh were the favourites to be relegated but that was understandable or could I say even convenient seeing that they had amassed a team to play in the Championship and were fast tracked into SL as late as the 14th December 2020 with reduced funding.

But pray tell, what would it have mattered if Leigh were in the Championship  Newcastle, Bradford and London have licences to operate academy's from the Championship.

3 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

The crucial difference though is that P&R is not part of the sporting psyche in the those countries.  Those leagues were set up in that way.

The other difference with RL in the UK is that there are only a few teams that are "Super". Leeds, Wigan, St Helens are the only ones that come to mind. Warrington were middle of the road, Cas, Hull, Hull KR, Huddersfield, Salford, Wakey have all spent time outside the top flight during the summer era. 

All but 3 or 4 could easily be replaced by teams from the championship and no one would notice the difference.  To pick a closed shop from them would be grossly unfair, they'd be in there because they were in the right place at the right time, not because they were better than their peers, hence the continuing attachment to P&R.

FYI Leeds, Wigan and St Helens aren't "Super" either.  Wigan couldn't afford to pay Shaun Edwards enough to land him, St Helens can't afford to pay Regan Grace enough to keep him and Leeds are apparently interesed in a Papua who isn't listed on the Kumuls' roster and therefore likely wouldn't qualify for a pro sportsman's visa.

Those are all indications that the club in question is not "Super".

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

FYI Leeds, Wigan and St Helens aren't "Super" either.  Wigan couldn't afford to pay Shaun Edwards enough to land him, St Helens can't afford to pay Regan Grace enough to keep him and Leeds are apparently interesed in a Papua who isn't listed on the Kumuls' roster and therefore likely wouldn't qualify for a pro sportsman's visa.

Those are all indications that the club in question is not "Super".

I mean, all that literally means nowt. 

It's a weird post using some made up definition of what Super is. 

Your hatred of UK RL on a UK RL forum really is trolling now,  I'm surprised it is allowed here. 

• Like 2