England Squad

11 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

you can’t blame him south’s entire game plan was to decapitate any player wearing red, white and blue and milk every penalty.

Sore loser? How goes the saying it takes two to tango! 

Best team on the day won, and the writing was on the wall for the Roosters when they had two player's more on the field and lost that 10 minute period on the scoreboard, Souths knew then that they had the beating of the Rooster's 

20 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

you can’t blame him south’s entire game plan was to decapitate any player wearing red, white and blue and milk every penalty.

So 4 minutes into the game the 'entire' game plan of South's got to him.

He needs to tidy up his discipline if he is going to be a proper top line player.  He needs to take a look at how Cameron Murray plays the game and learn a few lessons.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sore loser? How goes the saying it takes two to tango! 

Best team on the day won, and the writing was on the wall for the Roosters when they had two player's more on the field and lost that 10 minute period on the scoreboard, Souths knew then that they had the beating of the Rooster's 

Never said the best team didn’t win, we were very poor and there’s no excuses. but you cant ignore the fact,  they did 8 high tackles and concussed Tedesco and Crichton who both didn’t come back on.

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

No way, South’s had 4 players sin binned for high tackles, the 3 roosters sin bins for a weak punch, “Escalating the situation” and Dropping Tom burgess (Which he Deserved).

Conveniently leaving out JWH attempting to kill Latrell with a swinging arm but missing and Verrills dropping an elbow that would struggle to be sanctioned in the UFC.

Some spectacle though despite the mass of concussion and suspensions that will come out of it, both teams patchy regular season hurt them as they could've both made a run at the Premiership from the top 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Didn't I say that?

But it is very relevant to this discussion Dav about selection, those players who played in that 3rd test would not have had the opportunity to do so if all the squad had been fit, I will say without fear of contradiction we would have gone with the tried and tested BUT NECESSARILY NOT THE BEST players on the tour and in all probability lost - but that is pure speculation - just as it will be that players who are underperforming compared to others can raise their game to much higher levels.

A large number of those tried & tested were injured before the first test on that tour & those players who played in that winning game also played in the first 2 test defeats,I’ll go with Mal Reilly’s ability to identify Test players over yours.

2 minutes ago, UTK said:

Conveniently leaving out JWH attempting to kill Latrell with a swinging arm but missing and Verrills dropping an elbow that would struggle to be sanctioned in the UFC.

Some spectacle though despite the mass of concussion and suspensions that will come out of it, both teams patchy regular season hurt them as they could've both made a run at the Premiership from the top 4.

I was just talking about the sin bins you can say the exact same thing about south’s, Tom burgess got away with coat hangering Tedesco.

26 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

So 4 minutes into the game the 'entire' game plan of South's got to him.

He needs to tidy up his discipline if he is going to be a proper top line player.  He needs to take a look at how Cameron Murray plays the game and learn a few lessons.

I’m more concerned with Burgess’s reaction to being physically dominated when he came on,he certainly didn’t miss any heads.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I’m more concerned with Burgess’s reaction to being physically dominated when he came on,he certainly didn’t miss any heads.

Definitely agree I can’t believe people are on here talking about radley’s discipline, Yet there throwing a blind eye to burgess’s three high tackles and disgusting behaviour.

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

He was hardly physically dominated.  He was met with some huge tackles but got straight back up and into it.  Then later went right over the top of Crichton.

His shot on Tedesco was poor but the one he was binned for was chest high and then slid up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

He was hardly physically dominated.  He was met with some huge tackles but got straight back up and into it.  Then later went right over the top of Crichton.

His shot on Tedesco was poor but the one he was binned for was chest high and then slid up.

Chest High and then slid up. You’ve got to be joking That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all year. His forearm landed straight flush on lodges nose. He’s an absolute grub and players like him Should be frowned upon.

3 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Chest High and then slid up. You’ve got to be joking That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all year. His forearm landed straight flush on lodges nose. He’s an absolute grub and players like him Should be frowned upon.

I have just been back to have a look at it.  It was reckless yes, but I with the commentary team on that one - contact was initially off the ball/ball carrying arm and then up into the head.

His first one on Tedesco was worse.

8 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Definitely agree I can’t believe people are on here talking about radley’s discipline, Yet there throwing a blind eye to burgess’s three high tackles and disgusting behaviour.

There was very little in either of the incidents that led to Radley’s sin bins,especially given the amount of rubbish going on during the game.

Burgess’s high shot on Tedesco was poor & easily the worst of the 3 he did and seemed to be a reaction to being hammered by the Roosters defence,just another chapter in the book of feuds I guess.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Anyway, the reason why I bring up Radley is the nature of the incidents.  I have defended Radley in the past as some of his send off's/bans have been from playing on the edge and putting his body on the line.  I am ok with that, I like watching him play and he is all in and all action.

But today, his binnings were just daft - losing his head.  The first was a silly punch after the ball had gone and the second running in and starting a push and shove contest.  He didn't need to do either and they were not in the heat of a fast play.  That's the kind of stuff he could easily cut out.

Edited by Dunbar

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

There was very little in either of the incidents that led to Radley’s sin bins,especially given the amount of rubbish going on during the game.

Burgess’s high shot on Tedesco was poor & easily the worst of the 3 he did and seemed to be a reaction to being hammered by the Roosters defence,just another chapter in the book of feuds I guess.

Exactly.  Very little in either and he got himself binned.  Very poor discipline. 

You can't throw a punch in the modern game (no matter how **** poor the punch is) and you can't run in 3rd man.  He knows this and yet still did it.  As I say, he has poor discipline and needs to sort it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Anyway, the reason why I bring up Radley is the nature of the incidents.  I have defended Radley in the past as some of his send off's/bans have been from playing on the edge and putting his body on the line.  I am ok with that, I like watching him play and he is all in and all action.

But today, his binnings were just daft - losing his head.  The first was a silly punch after the ball had gone and the second running in and starting a push and contest.  He didn't need to do either and they were not in the heat of a fast play.  That's the kind of stuff he could easily cut out.

Yeah I agree, I’m sure he’ll start to mature as he gets older though. I’ve met him a few times and he is a top bloke and he’s only trying to protect his mates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Yeah I agree, I’m sure he’ll start to mature as he gets older though. I’ve met him a few times and he is a top bloke and he’s only trying to protect his mates.

Agreed. I love the way he plays but I am sure he will look back on those two and realise he didn't need to do either.

22 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Agreed Lodge and JWH threw everything at him but he kept coming and won the physical battle from that point forward, demolished Crichton with powerful running and later frustrated JWH into getting binned. Got the Tedesco one all wrong but Burgess won the mini battle between the props. 

You can't live off ill-discipline but I actually think Burgess and to a lesser extent Radley (if he plays a little less dumb) showed how England should play against the top nations at the WC, penalties and sin bins are generally much less frequent in representative matches so you can get away with a bit more on the physical contact side. There's one thing that England has always and will always continue to produce and that is tough as nails forwards who aren't afraid to niggle and scrap their way under the opposition skin. Burgess, Radley, Thompson, Bateman, Whitehead, Knowles, Walmsley, Oledski etc will all hit you with everything they've got and won't back down from a physical confrontation - I think this is something that should be played into. Other teams should dread running into an England pack who isn't afraid to push those boundaries with a packed crowd supporting them, you look at Australia and we don't really have any enforcers like this - NZ have a couple of props like that, Tonga a handful, Papuans have that physical contact ingrained in them, but England have an entire pack of blokes ready to rip your head off and that strength should be capitalised on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Saying that, I go to a few Roosters games each season and the fans still love Morley- and really just for those kind of tackles that he was famous for. You can't have it both ways.

Edited by Mr Frisky

7 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I like the way Radley plays but his discipline was awful today.

He deserved his first sin bin as he threw a punch... a terrible punch but a punch all the same (at least let a decent one go if you are going to be punished).

And he deserved his second card for rushing in after an innocuous hand on face from a Rabbitoh player.

Neither of these were Radley on the edge looking for big hits.... they were just daft actions. He needs to sort it out.

Honestly I didn’t think either were sinbins . In a big semi final between two rivals who hate each other I thought the officiating in a lot of it was a massive over reaction . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Honestly I didn’t think either were sinbins . In a big semi final between two rivals who hate each other I thought the officiating in a lot of it was a massive over reaction . 

I disagree with this one.  Any type of punch or running in these these days is a sin bin.  Everyone knows that and it is the same for the semi's.

As for the officiating.   He sent 7 to the bin and the players were still trying to whack each other and try it on. If he hadn't been as strict it could have been mayhem. 

Just now, Dunbar said:

I disagree with this one.  Any type of punch or running in these these days is a sin bin.  Everyone knows that and it is the same for the semi's.

As for the officiating.   He sent 7 to the bin and the players were still trying to whack each other and try it on. If he hadn't been as strict it could have been mayhem. 

I loved it tbh . I watched two guys it origin have a punch up and stay on so I don’t know what rules are in big games. I like my big game rugby like that 

• Like 1

Just now, DavidM said:

I loved it tbh . I watched two guys it origin have a punch up and stay on so I don’t know what rules are in big games. I like my big game rugby like that 

In that regard, I preferred Origin... I thought the game today was tough and enjoyable enough but it was too niggly with players staying down for the video ref to award penalties again and trying to wind each other up (face rubs, head slams etc.) and shouting at the ref too much as well.

It was all a bit too stroppy to be old school for me.

• Like 1

And to add... summed up for me with Sam Walker (8 stone wet through) going into a ruck and shoving people around.  Imagine doing that in the days when he would have got a proper dig.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

In that regard, I preferred Origin... I thought the game today was tough and enjoyable enough but it was too niggly with players staying down for the video ref to award penalties again and trying to wind each other up (face rubs, head slams etc.) and shouting at the ref too much as well.

It was all a bit too stroppy to be old school for me.

Yes that’s fair . Almost football like as it went on 

• Like 1