RLWC Help Thread - Great Value Tickets

Dave T

There is a lot of talk about the price of the games being high this year, certainly higher than anything ever seen for international RL, or RL at any level in this country in its history. However, as you do look through, you see that amongst the high prices there are a lot of great value tickets to be bought - which may be helpful for some of us on here who are looking to attend multiple games and support the tournament. 

Let's not make this a debate about the prices, there are other threads for that, let's use it as a useful resource to highlight great deals etc. I'll start:

Mens Tournament

£20.21 or less (lowest price for an adult ticket)

Scotland v Italy (Newcastle)

Jamaica v Ireland (Leeds)

France v Greece (Doncaster)

Wales v Cook Island (Leigh)

Fiji v Italy (Newcastle)

Lebanon v Ireland (Leigh)

Samoa v Greece (Doncaster)

Tonga v Wales (St Helens)

PNG v Cook Islands (Warrington)

Fiji v Scotland (Newcastle)

Lebanon v Jamaica (Leigh)

Samoa v France (Warrington)

PNG v Wales (Doncaster)

So as you can see, 13 games out of the 31 men's matches have prices starting at £15/20, including some really good battles. In 2013 a lot of the games like this were the real highlights and I see no reason why they can't be the same again. But packing out the likes of Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, PNG games will hopefully show the governing body that there is a real demand for these teams to come here ore regularly.

I haven't had chance to price up the women's and wheelchair games yet, but I know they are even better value.

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I said in another thread that our group are giving the England vs France game at Bolton a miss in favour of going to Lebanon vs Ireland, Tonga v Wales and PNG vs Cook Islands. Those 3 games are costing a similar amount to the cheapest available ticket at England vs France and all 3 should be better contests then that England game. 

There's no doubt the pricing of some of the games is crazy (the £40 standing tickets for the Warrington quarter final being one that really jumps out) but as the thread points out, there is some great value out there. The chance to see some of the guys in those PNG and Tonga sides live is going to be a great experience. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WN83 said:

I said in another thread that our group are giving the England vs France game at Bolton a miss in favour of going to Lebanon vs Ireland, Tonga v Wales and PNG vs Cook Islands. Those 3 games are costing a similar amount to the cheapest available ticket at England vs France and all 3 should be better contests then that England game. 

There's no doubt the pricing of some of the games is crazy (the £40 standing tickets for the Warrington quarter final being one that really jumps out) but as the thread points out, there is some great value out there. The chance to see some of the guys in those PNG and Tonga sides live is going to be a great experience. 

Yep,  that was the point of the thread really,  we know some tickets are expensive,  but there are some great teams on show for great value too. 

I'm not gonna bother paying £55 to watch England v France,  I'll pick up 3 games from the above list instead. 

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yep,  that was the point of the thread really,  we know some tickets are expensive,  but there are some great teams on show for great value too. 

I'm not gonna bother paying £55 to watch England v France,  I'll pick up 3 games from the above list instead. 

You'd like to think the England games will sell anyway and then we can get some really positive crowds on elsewhere. The big one for me that I'm looking forward to outside of the England games is Tonga vs PNG. I think they start at £25 and that's value as well. That game could be brutal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WN83 said:

You'd like to think the England games will sell anyway and then we can get some really positive crowds on elsewhere. The big one for me that I'm looking forward to outside of the England games is Tonga vs PNG. I think they start at £25 and that's value as well. That game could be brutal. 

Yeah,  I'll definitely be going to that one. Always enjoy watching Samoa too so will hopefully get to the game v France at Wire too. 

36 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not to derail the thread, some great prices there, but is the Newcastle mentioned at Kingston Park? That's a 4G pitch - surprised that's been allowed for the WC? 

Yep it is.  

On 15/09/2022 at 14:15, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not to derail the thread, some great prices there, but is the Newcastle mentioned at Kingston Park? That's a 4G pitch - surprised that's been allowed for the WC? 

Maybe there wasn’t another suitable option at relatively short notice when they had to rearrange the venues. I was surprised they picked a second venue in Newcastle tbh, when for example Sheffield only has one game and Widnes would have been good too. 

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Maybe there wasn’t another suitable option at relatively short notice when they had to rearrange the venues. I was surprised they picked a second venue in Newcastle tbh, when for example Sheffield only has one game and Widnes would have been good too. 

I think four games in Newcastle,  3 at Kingston Park is a lot and may be challenging for a development area,  but as we've seen with Wire getting a  4th game they were clearly struggling to get additional grounds. 

On 15/09/2022 at 18:36, Dave T said:

There is a lot of talk about the price of the games being high this year, certainly higher than anything ever seen for international RL, or RL at any level in this country in its history. However, as you do look through, you see that amongst the high prices there are a lot of great value tickets to be bought - which may be helpful for some of us on here who are looking to attend multiple games and support the tournament. 

Let's not make this a debate about the prices, there are other threads for that, let's use it as a useful resource to highlight great deals etc. I'll start:

Mens Tournament

Fiji v Italy (Newcastle)

PNG v Wales (Doncaster)

So as you can see, 13 games out of the 31 men's matches have prices starting at £15/20, including some really good battles. In 2013 a lot of the games like this were the real highlights and I see no reason why they can't be the same again. But packing out the likes of Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, PNG games will hopefully show the governing body that there is a real demand for these teams to come here ore regularly.

I haven't had chance to price up the women's and wheelchair games yet, but I know they are even better value.

This is great and the sort of thing the organisers should be promoting to sell tickets… I wonder if they are or if they plan to?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

I wouldn’t be surprised in Widnes / Halton council were totally oblivious to the situation that the pitch doesn’t seem to be an issue anymore. That being said the stadium management is a bit of a joke at the minute. The east stand concourse has been used as stage (Elton John & Bryan Adams) storage for two years, and away fans are being allowed to sit in season ticket holders seats in the South stand. With all of that it’s not a suitable venue for World Cup games

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You would pay £22 for the cheapest ticket to watch Newcastle Falcons in the Rugby Union Premiership at Kingston Park.  The Falcons usually get about 5k so will be interesting to see how these 3 x games compare for attendance.

On one hand this is world level but on the other it does not have the built in audience that a local club has.  I assume putting on two Scotland games in Newcastle so close for their fans should help attendances though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coastal_Geordie said:

You would pay £22 for the cheapest ticket to watch Newcastle Falcons in the Rugby Union Premiership at Kingston Park.  The Falcons usually get about 5k so will be interesting to see how these 3 x games compare for attendance.

On one hand this is world level but on the other it does not have the built in audience that a local club has.  I assume putting on two Scotland games in Newcastle so close for their fans should help attendances though.

Unfortunately, there is little Scottish support, I think it will need a lot of Newcastle locals for these games. 

• Like 3

On 15/09/2022 at 18:36, Dave T said:

Mens Tournament

Fiji v Italy (Newcastle)

PNG v Wales (Doncaster)

Can anyone tweet this very valuable info to the RLWC Twitter account so it can get "out there" to people?

(I don't have/do twitter) Cheers

13 minutes ago, Jim from Oz said:

Can anyone tweet this very valuable info to the RLWC Twitter account so it can get "out there" to people?

(I don't have/do twitter) Cheers

I mentioned before that one of the great things to have happened recently in women's football (and, to an extent, non league football) is an almost fanzine-like explosion of social media accounts that are primarily focused on being positive about the game and its players - and promoting games with lower ticket prices and/or ones aimed at new audiences. (For example, thanks to one of these accounts, I know that Newhaven FC are making their next home game free entry because cup draws have meant they have played something like 8 consecutive games at home.)

Does RL have anyone like that? The RL-adjacent accounts I see seem to be long established, very club specific and/or just depressingly downbeat and banter focused.

We need a Sunshine RL account putting out the good news, fun stuff and decent tickets.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Some great clashes there at great prices . 

My top 5

1. Jamiaca vs Ireland . Love to see the Jamaican boys run around in their 1st world cup .

2. PNG vs Cook Islands . This one will be tighter than many think .  Have a soft spot for Justin Olam 

3.  Samoa vs France . Witness one if the best Samoan squads assembled in the history of RL. Could be anything in this tournament. 

4. Tonga vs Wales . Like Samoa , Tonga are stacked with a huge forward pack and back line with power and speed. 

5. Lebanon vs Ireland . Trust me this one will be a tight affair . Potentially game of the tournament. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tommyace said:

Some great clashes there at great prices . 

My top 5

1. Jamiaca vs Ireland . Love to see the Jamaican boys run around in their 1st world cup .

2. PNG vs Cook Islands . This one will be tighter than many think .  Have a soft spot for Justin Olam 

3.  Samoa vs France . Witness one if the best Samoan squads assembled in the history of RL. Could be anything in this tournament. 

4. Tonga vs Wales . Like Samoa , Tonga are stacked with a huge forward pack and back line with power and speed. 

5. Lebanon vs Ireland . Trust me this one will be a tight affair . Potentially game of the tournament. 

The PNG v Cooks could be very good, and should ultimately be the decider on who qualifies for the quarters. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tickets for the South Stand at Warrington for the QF are now available for £25 (was £40).

Tell your friends.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick question in case anyone knows the answer.

I have two tickets for Saturday's Emirates game.  They have been delivered but now lost (don't ask!).

Can I still print them off myself despite being delivered in the post.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

37 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I have two tickets for Saturday's Emirates game.  They have been delivered but now lost (don't ask!).

I think you can request digital tickets on your online account 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, you can - log on to my tickets, you can either download as pdf or add to Google Wallet. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I think you can request digital tickets on your online account 

38 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Yes, you can - log on to my tickets, you can either download as pdf or add to Google Wallet. 

Thanks both, appreciated.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris