RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

In the South stand it feels packed, you couldn't get anymore in that's for sure.

There’s a few gaps where it meets the east but not a lot. West has a Few gaps in the top corners. But Tonga fans have filled out in front of the actual terraces. This’ll be around 13k

9 minutes ago, Skinnywinger said:

It's not packed out but does look much better in these size grounds. Let's never put quarter finals in 25k seater grounds again. 

Probably also reflective of a competitive game that people want to see.

I think Fiji will get there - they just need some exposure like Tonga have had and more people might have realised last night was competitive.

That and don't hold non-England games in Hull.

Aus v Lebanon is always a tough sell.

4 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

Could not agree more. Dismissing one of the very few positive RL developments in some considerable time and then dancing round the corpse, shows a total lack of awareness. 

There again, this guy thinks half empty stadiums are just peripheral. 

Eventually in life you come to an strong understanding that you just can't fix stupid.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Aus v Lebanon is always a tough sell.

I agree. I guess the thinking was there are enough RL fans in Hull willing to shell out for this to make it viable, which obviously wasn't the case, so where would it have been better to have held it? I am wondering how many people would have turned up to this game in or near London.

10 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

I agree. I guess the thinking was there are enough RL fans in Hull willing to shell out for this to make it viable, which obviously wasn't the case, so where would it have been better to have held it? I am wondering how many people would have turned up to this game in or near London.

The other issue is making sure everyone who should win does win.

Samoa beat England at SJP and you have England playing Tonga at Warrington I assume - with complaints it is too small and Samoa rattling around the DW vs PNG and the crowd looking horrid.

So it is not easy just to say this KO game will be here and there because A will end up playing B (although I agree there is limited jeopardy with 4 groups).

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Samoa beat England at SJP and you have England playing Tonga at Warrington I assume - with complaints it is too small and Samoa rattling around the DW vs PNG and the crowd looking horrid.

So it is not easy just to say this KO game will be here and there because A will end up playing B (although I agree there is limited jeopardy with 4 groups).

England's QF was always going to be at the DW.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

You don't. They said from day 1 that Anfield (later Wigan) and the Emirates would host England's knockout games regardless of where they finished.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leonard said:

The England 1/4 final was guaranteed at Wigan regardless of finishing 1st or 2nd in the group.

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

You don't. They said from day 1 that Anfield (later Wigan) and the Emirates would host England's knockout games regardless of where they finished.

Fair enough - wasn't aware.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Think it makes sense really given what we have

Yes - wasn't aware. I didn't follow any of the build up. Just bought my tickets in 2020 and waited.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

There’s more in here after the game than during any other game here 😂😂

Well, we have counted no shows, freebies, people in hospitality

Maybe RLWC needs to add people on the attendance thread in their numbers.

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I reckon wed have got more than at DW to be honest 

I can imagine the fume about the optics in a 52k odd stadium.

i think it was 32k vs NZ a few years back - so probably touch and go but probably

16 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Final should be a sell out now we are guaranteed to be in it........

They should up the prices for the remaining tickets........

Supply and demand works both ways.

Edited by Leonard

As we are now not going to be playing Tonga in the semi it means England's highest home attendance against Tonga is still only the 3,000 who attended the Federation Shield game in 2006.

However, due to us now playing Samoa twice in this tournament, 2 of our top 10 highest attendances (only England and not GB) will be against Samoa, our highest against them before this tournament being just over 5,000 who watched another Federation Shield game in Hull. 

Just some interesting stats there.