Train strike

The V1 bus from Manchester to Leigh is very good at the weekend. It takes around 50 minutes and then there are very regular buses from Leigh to Wigan. The train is certainly easier (a few still run when strikes are on don't they?) but it's not bad journey via the bus. I used to do the first part of it every day, when working in the office in Manchester City Centre. Always the option of splitting the journey up with a couple of pints in the beautiful watering holes of Leigh town centre. 

• Like 2

Agree with the number 10 also.

Was thinking on arrival at Wigan you are surrounded by pubs and eateries.

As is with the number 8 from Leigh.

Loads of pubs and eateries....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

According to stagecoah website 5.08am arrive wigan 7.15am but no return journey available!
National express only running from west yorkshire for that game.

So looks like its either 30 quid each way in an uber as per Friskys helpful suggestion or I go to City v Fulham for 30 quid and keep the other 30 quid in my pocket.

I dont think Ill need to toss a coin.

Buses run right throughout the day each way until about 10pm, average 1 every 30 minutes.

Try here for times: www.rome2rio.com

5 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

You do realise Stagecoach go to every city in the UK before arriving at your chosen destination? 😉 I presume he wants to fly back sometime this decade? 

So a transport to the rugby plus a free tour of suburban Greater Manchester as well for a fiver.

The journey lasts about 90 minutes and takes in Leigh, what more could any international visitor possibly want?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

According to stagecoah website 5.08am arrive wigan 7.15am but no return journey available!
National express only running from west yorkshire for that game.

So looks like its either 30 quid each way in an uber as per Friskys helpful suggestion or I go to City v Fulham for 30 quid and keep the other 30 quid in my pocket.

I dont think Ill need to toss a coin.

Toss 30 of them into an Uber and your sorted mate👍

On 21/10/2022 at 21:45, WN83 said:

The V1 bus from Manchester to Leigh is very good at the weekend. It takes around 50 minutes and then there are very regular buses from Leigh to Wigan. The train is certainly easier (a few still run when strikes are on don't they?) but it's not bad journey via the bus. I used to do the first part of it every day, when working in the office in Manchester City Centre. Always the option of splitting the journey up with a couple of pints in the beautiful watering holes of Leigh town centre. 

Thanks for this. For some reason that doesnt come up on the ‘Transport for Greater Manchester’. Will certainly look into it.  

13 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Thanks for this. For some reason that doesnt come up on the ‘Transport for Greater Manchester’. Will certainly look into it.  

If you Google vantage bus timetables it’ll come up. They’re every 30 mins to Leigh from Manchester and back. Decent service to be fair. It’s be about 50-55 mins Manchester to Leigh and half hour from Leigh to Wigan (loads of buses on that route if you go to the bus station). 

On 19/10/2022 at 08:57, Leonard said:

I was about to buy a ticket and come up from Kent.

So that's that done. 

Up north we use a thing with four wheels that has a little engine inside. You have to put an expensive liquid inside but even so its a reasonable alternative to the train.

Infact one of the tournament sponsors Cazoo can help you get one of these.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

I was hoping to attend tomorrow's game at the LSV , but my son just trying to print off my tickets now only to find his account is locked , bloody great 😡

Presuming this is in the wrong thread as the train strike won't affect this game?

7 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I was hoping to attend tomorrow's game at the LSV , but my son just trying to print off my tickets now only to find his account is locked , bloody great 😡

Is it the case that you get locked out for 30 mins if you enter an incorrect password three times?

Avanti haven't released tickets for trains on Saturday 5th yet. They will show as 'Sold Out' or 'Tickets Coming Soon' on the Trainline or the dates being greyed out on Avanti's website. 

There aren't even any tickets available for next Sunday yet.