Ireland's Aussies being sent home early

7 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Don't Jamaica need to win by 50 points?

Not quite sure their beef.

The use Coleman was at the Broncos - I don't buy he does any analysis.

It isn't that Jamaica won't qualify (even their most strident fans would think that would be basically impossible now) but that they have no chance of winning against Lebanon. A slim win for Jamaica tomorrow sends Ireland through to the quarters.

Ultimately you shouldn't leave a tournament till you are actually out. It is a bit odd that there is such a gap between the final games in the same groups.

9 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Don't Jamaica need to win by 50 points?

Not quite sure their beef.

The use Coleman was at the Broncos - I don't buy he does any analysis.

If Jamaica win by 7 Ireland would go through. Win by 6 and Ireland and Lebanon would be level on points not sure how it would be decided then. 

• Like 1

Just now, bobbruce said:

If Jamaica win by 7 Ireland would go through. Win by 6 and Ireland and Lebanon would be level on points not sure how it would be decided then. 

Who has the highest percentage of their squad still on English soil?

• Haha 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Tommygilf said:

It isn't that Jamaica won't qualify (even their most strident fans would think that would be basically impossible now) but that they have no chance of winning against Lebanon. A slim win for Jamaica tomorrow sends Ireland through to the quarters.

Ultimately you shouldn't leave a tournament till you are actually out. It is a bit odd that there is such a gap between the final games in the same groups.

Let's wait and see Jamaica win.

I'm sure if they do then Ireland will play without their Aus players.....

36 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Effectively yeah, if the RLWC have said you're either getting on this plane or you're paying for your own ticket home.

If Ireland RL were serious about anything they’d pick up the tab and have the argument later with the organisers

• Like 1

Dutton’s reputation gets worse by the day. He’s made a right pigs ear of this. Another terrible and amateurish decision.

• Like 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Just now, Spidey said:

If Ireland RL were serious about anything they’d pick up the tab and have the argument later with the organisers

I seriously doubt Ireland RL have the resources. 3k to 5k for business class Manchester to Sydney. 

45 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Dutton’s reputation gets worse by the day. He’s made a right pigs ear of this. Another terrible and amateurish decision.

Penny pinching. 

Alarm bells went off at the fans forum I attended when he told us he wasn't bothered about fans experience as he was paying players across tournaments the same. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Spidey said:

They can probably barely afford 3k, and due to a 300k missed crowd target they will have to penny pinch themselves for the next 4 years. 

• Like 3

I would have thought short notice flights would be far more expensive.

I also seriously doubt they can force grown men who are professionals onto a plane.

52 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Oh come on. 

Jeez. 

You have Radley's old man and 50 mates flying over. You have Gary Badger flying over to see his wife debut on a day's notice.

But the NRL section of the Irish team, and by definition likely the best paid, are going to be shoe horned onto a flight to save £100 in the local Mercure for a night? And when short notice flights are obviously stupidly expensive.

I don't buy it, it makes little sense to me and it is easy to fit into a pre-determined narrative.

Edited by Leonard

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

You have Radley's old man and 50 mates flying over. You have Gary Badger flying over to see his wife debut on a day's notice.

But the NRL section of the Irish team, and by definition likely the best paid, are going to be shoe horned onto a flight to save £100 in the local Mercure for a night? And when short notice flights are obviously stupidly expensive.

I don't buy it, it makes little sense to me and it is easy to fit into a pre-determined narrative.

The RLWC covers the flights.

And coming from Jamaica, it seems there have been a few things about the RLWC organisation that they haven't been too happy about.

Separate issues

Or a pattern

Yup - because the WC did not sell 750k tickets at £50 a pop

Dutton is the devil and everything is his fault.

And whether or not another team has some players who leave early is relevant to the rest of Jamaica's time at the WC.

10 minutes ago, Leonard said:

The truth is usually somewhere between the extremes we publicly hear. 

The failings are not managing the narrative. 

We have professionals for this. 

But ultimately, it isn't a good look to have players going home before knocked out, and whilst we are hearing a version of the truth that Jamaica have this wrong, the Ireland coach also spoke out on this. 

• Like 2