FIFA WORLD CUP 2022

The goalie got them to the shootout with that save in the  last minute , although the French guy will be replaying that shot just for the rest of his life no doubt . If he’d just got it over the goalies foot , but as we know sport is all what ifs 

Edited by DavidM

I am delighted for Messi. He's an unbelievable player who has been under immense pressure for years to deliver Argentina a World Cup. In the process he has copped an unbelievable amount of flak and criticism from his own fans and has had to put up with all the Maradona comparisons. It takes a really special player to overcome all of that and achieve a World Cup win.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 09/12/2022 at 18:19, Gerrumonside ref said:

Put on two £5 pre-tournaments bets in November:

Argentina-France final at 22/1 

and

Argentina winners & Mbappe top goal scorer at 66/1

Long way to go but they’re both getting interesting now.

Unbelievably these pre-tournament bets both came in to the tune of £450 from £10.

Tonight in particular was an emotional rollercoaster of needing Mbappe to outscore Messi while also needing Argentina to win.

I’m a lucky man for sure!

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Damien said:

I am delighted for Messi. He's an unbelievable player who has been under immense pressure for years to deliver Argentina a World Cup. In the process he has copped an unbelievable amount of flak and criticism from his own fans and has had to put up with all the Maradona comparisons. It takes a really special player to overcome all of that and achieve a World Cup win.

And to think at one point in his career he was going to retire from international football before performing a u-turn.

He’s certainly clinched the title of best player of his generation now with this achievement of taking a workmanlike team to the crowning position in international football.

The only negative I see tonight is that the moment included being dressed like Harry Potter without a broom during the trophy lift!  😉

In all seriousness, he rose to the occasion as did Mbappe who must be sorely disappointed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Unbelievably these pre-tournament bets both came in to the tune of £450 from £10.

Tonight in particular was an emotional rollercoaster of needing Mbappe to outscore Messi while also needing Argentina to win.

Well done mate, that's great 🤑

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

And to think at one point in his career he was going to retire from international football before performing a u-turn.

He’s certainly clinched the title of best player of his generation now with this achievement of taking a workmanlike team to the crowning position in international football.

The only negative I see tonight is that the moment included being dressed like Harry Potter without a broom during the trophy lift!  😉

In all seriousness, he rose to the occasion as did Mbappe who must be sorely disappointed.

Mbappe is a phenomenal player and still only 23. Unless something completely unforseen happens he is a shoe in to go to the top of the all time World Cup goalscoring charts. To already be on 12 goals and only 4 goals behind Klose is quite unbelievable. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Mbappe is a phenomenal player and still only 23. Unless something completely unforseen happens he is a shoe in to go to the top of the all time World Cup goalscoring charts. To already be on 12 goals and only 4 goals behind Klose is quite unbelievable. 

Agreed, he’s already reached immortality now with his World Cup final hat trick and the overall World Cup goals record must surely fall too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/12/2022 at 19:10, Gerrumonside ref said:

Well done again pal , but did you see the man who thought he had won £15,000 off Coral but didn`t realise he hadn`t written the bet down correctly , i.e. parts of his bet affected the other so the bet was in fact invalid ......they have since offered to pay him £660.......he`s going mad because the person behind the counter took the bet ........this happens quite a lot because the person just pushes the bet through and takes the money , they don`t actually key it in until later when it would be flagged up as invalid .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

Well done again pal , but did you see the man who thought he had won £15,000 off Coral but didn`t realise he hadn`t written the bet down correctly , i.e. parts of his bet affected the other so the bet was in fact invalid ......they have since offered to pay him £660.......he`s going mad because the person behind the counter took the bet ........this happens quite a lot because the person just pushes the bet through and takes the money , they don`t actually key it in until later when it would be flagged up as invalid .

No, I hadn’t seen that he must have been gutted though, hope he’s alright.