2023 friendlies

Batley Bob

23 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

I hope that you will let them keep all the gate money. That's what big clubs like yours usually do for their lesser neighbours to offer a helping hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Doubt it'll be a lot down in the ice bowl BSJ! I was perished at Widnes last pre'season and Kingstone Park but I reckon South Leeds in January will beat both. BTW both clubs quiet over Boxing Day...

Edited by phildog
Spelling

On 24/11/2022 at 21:02, phildog said:

Doubt it'll be a lot down in the ice bowl BSJ! I was perished at Widnes kadt oee'seadon and Kingdtone Park but I reckon South Leeds in January will beat both. BTW both clubs quiet over Boxing Day...

I am told on good authority that the Boxing Day game is being planned for your place at 12.00. Clubs in general will be making plans for pre-season friendlies so I guess that most would want to announce them as a whole rather than in dribs and drabs.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I'm not too bothered about friendlies, I only went to Huddersfield last year as I had never been there and won't be going again what cold soulless stadium.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2022 at 21:47, RogerT said:

I'm not too bothered about friendlies, I only went to Huddersfield last year as I had never been there and won't be going again what cold soulless stadium.

It's one ground i can't stand been for RL and football. Give me Batley, Dewsbury, Barrow, Haven and Town any day.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RogerT said:

Just reflecting on the friendlies to come, are they shared gates just like Boxing Day.

you might need to PM KN.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, toffeedog said:

Cant seem to attract top teams to play us used to get hull castleford and Huddersfield now it's hunslet and york not the most attractive friendlies

Yorks not a bad one. The thing is if we play a sl team they play hardly any first teamers, so give me york any day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Cant seem to attract top teams to play us used to get hull castleford and Huddersfield now it's hunslet and york not the most attractive friendlies

When we played Huddersfield it was 100% academy. It's not really testing for a Championship side.

Hull was mainly young lads with cameos from the big boys, which was better i suppose.

Hunslet will gives us chance to try most players without travelling far.

York v Batley will be good indicator for both sides. Last year's finalist V a contender.

SIGNATURE

2 hours ago, BatleyFanAndy said:

When we played Huddersfield it was 100% academy. It's not really testing for a Championship side.

Hull was mainly young lads with cameos from the big boys, which was better i suppose.

Hunslet will gives us chance to try most players without travelling far.

York v Batley will be good indicator for both sides. Last year's finalist V a contender.

Huddersfield last year was full strength 

hull was same in 2020 

castleford looking at their squad for Sunday against Keighley would be 75/25 with a decent squad 

having watched hull kr tonight they went 75/25 with kids 

16 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Huddersfield last year was full strength 

hull was same in 2020 

castleford looking at their squad for Sunday against Keighley would be 75/25 with a decent squad 

having watched hull kr tonight they went 75/25 with kids 

I take your point regarding Hull and Giants but it isn't really typical of the majority of past friendly matches.

Everyone would love to see a full strength Saints or Rhinos at Mount but you also need to be realistic of how game plans can pan out against these type of sides in a friendly. It'd be a great tester but you'd probably struggle to try out those new training ground pieces.

I'd be more interested in drawing them in the Chaenge Cup where it would be meaningful.

SIGNATURE