London Broncos Matchday Experience in 2023

On 10/12/2022 at 02:02, Jughead said:

Play zone and food truck/s.

This is a “groundbreaking strategy” which I expect will result in a return of 5k fans and an on field standard worthy of SL promotion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Play zone and food truck/s.

This is a “groundbreaking strategy” which I expect will result in a return of 5k fans and an on field standard worthy of SL promotion.

At other clubs, people would be applauding their efforts. Because it’s London, there’s scepticism, after years of poor decisions, which is what they’re fighting against and shows the task in hand there. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

At other clubs, people would be applauding their efforts. Because it’s London, there’s scepticism, after years of poor decisions, which is what they’re fighting against and shows the task in hand there. 

There are some of us,from a distance,who have nothing but admiration for the fanbase of London Broncos.

They have been nomadic and very rarely seem to be consulted by their club,and I cannot immediately think of a more disconnected club from their 'loyal supporters'.

It would be nice to blame an underachieving soccer club for these 'developments',however IMG have been name dropped.

So here we are,for the year 2023,appealing to the ever dwindling number of put upon Broncos fans,going back in time to Mascots,the two of them,and food options in a city which provides a whole world of cuisine.

Futuristic in the extreme.Well,after the World Cup attendances will be sky high.

Won't they?

It is so exciting '... aligning with the clubs plans for 2024 and beyond'!

I just hope they don't have the mascots racing- the crowd will burst with excitement. 

It is old hat - the regular followers have seen it all before.It won't attract newbies.

The Broncos fans must certainly be die hard.

As they consulted with the soccer club,presumably the soccer club have mascots of similar ilk,and have the food vending operation.I wonder how that goes? 

IMG impress more and more each passing day.

Innovative and original,then. 

• Thanks 2

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

33 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Would they really? I’m not even sure there is a story here. All they have said as far as I can tell is.

1. You lot will sit over here next year.

2. There will be food and beverages available on the day.

3. Kids can pass the ball at a few holes or at our mascots Dusty and Buck.

10 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

There are some of us,from a distance,who have nothing but admiration for the fanbase of London Broncos.

They have been nomadic and very rarely seem to be consulted by their club,and I cannot immediately think of a more disconnected club from their 'loyal supporters'.

It would be nice to blame an underachieving soccer club for these 'developments',however IMG have been name dropped.

So here we are,for the year 2023,appealing to the ever dwindling number of put upon Broncos fans,going back in time to Mascots,the two of them,and food options in a city which provides a whole world of cuisine.

Futuristic in the extreme.Well,after the World Cup attendances will be sky high.

Won't they?

It is so exciting '... aligning with the clubs plans for 2024 and beyond'!

I just hope they don't have the mascots racing- the crowd will burst with excitement. 

It is old hat - the regular followers have seen it all before.It won't attract newbies.

The Broncos fans must certainly be die hard.

As they consulted with the soccer club,presumably the soccer club have mascots of similar ilk,and have the food vending operation.I wonder how that goes? 

IMG impress more and more each passing day.

Innovative and original,then. 

IMG have nothing to do with this decison and it's getting tiring seeing every bad recent decison blamed on them by people like yourself who have vested interest in seeing them fail so your tinpot club can be protected.

On 10/12/2022 at 20:52, eal said:

Honest question, how many Broncos fans are out there? Do we think it numbers in the hundreds or thousands?

If you are saying 'people who have been some sort of fan over the last decade or so then 10,000 plus.... genuinely 

The diaspara is big big though and most of us have to make a huge effort to go....eswpcilaly.compared to northern fans who live in the town of the club they support 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

Would they really? I’m not even sure there is a story here. All they have said as far as I can tell is.

1. You lot will sit over here next year.

2. There will be food and beverages available on the day.

3. Kids can pass the ball at a few holes or at our mascots Dusty and Buck.

Yes, there would. There’s been threads on here over the past year or so about the improvement in matchday experience at places likes Hull KR and Wigan and if this was any other club than the Broncos, the reaction would be more positive, however, many of the negative posts are by Broncos fans, who have been burnt by the clubs decisions over the course of, well, fifty years. 

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Yes, there would. There’s been threads on here over the past year or so about the improvement in matchday experience at places likes Hull KR and Wigan and if this was any other club than the Broncos, the reaction would be more positive, however, many of the negative posts are by Broncos fans, who have been burnt by the clubs decisions over the course of, well, fifty years. 

I just don’t find anything newsworthy in a club delivering minimum services of a “professional” club that aims to bring in paying spectators.

If I missed similar stories of other clubs delivering minimum services, I would be dismissive.

The remaining Broncos fans are a committed breed, that’s for sure. This minor update won’t see any lost ones returning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NW10LDN said:

IMG have nothing to do with this decison and it's getting tiring seeing every bad recent decison blamed on them by people like yourself who have vested interest in seeing them fail so your tinpot club can be protected.

To be fair the Broncos are the ones who bought up IMG in their press release making out from my reading these were IMG ideas. As a lapsed Broncos fan gonna take more than a bloke in a mingy outfit and overpriced burgers to get me making a 150 mile round trip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, NW10LDN said:

Should have stayed at Trailfinders. Perfect ground for a semi-professional club. Hughes is clearly banking on IMG doing all the work or just handing them a Cat A licence. Staying would have allowed them focus on rebuilding without paying rent to Wimbledon and I honestly think league clubs should avoid shares with football clubs if possible. They could sign a short term 1 year lease if promotion to the SL was achieved or even stay at Ealing and invest in the ground.

Why on earth should London be awarded a Cat A status?

There is presumably a set a criteria that has to be met that will grade club's by ticking boxes, for London to achieve an A status the bar will have to be set very low that being so we should have about 14 A grades.

11 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

If you are saying 'people who have been some sort of fan over the last decade or so then 10,000 plus.... genuinely 

A bit higher than I would estimate but could be right.

But given that the Broncos know the purchasing record of these folks, as well as still holding the contact details for many of them, it's really odd that the club doesn't target them in any way. They seem to be completely relaxed that fans of many years standing just disappear without asking them why, never mind trying to persuade them back.

Every move - every year even - seems to be a year zero re-set. This year the big reveal is an actual choice of food/drink plus Buck and Dusty are back. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

But given that the Broncos know the purchasing record of these folks, as well as still holding the contact details for many of them, it's really odd that the club doesn't target them in any way. They seem to be completely relaxed that fans of many years standing just disappear without asking them why, never mind trying to persuade them back.

I gave up when they didn't even bother to send me renewal details when I was a season ticket holder so I can't imagine they will want to contact me four or five years later

Can't wait for the new season. But then again, I appear to actually like RL.

London won't be getting 5k anytime soon.

But neither will half the hotbed clubs who love posting on London threads and can't even spend the full cap.

2 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

A bit higher than I would estimate but could be right.

Every move - every year even - seems to be a year zero re-set. This year the big reveal is an actual choice of food/drink plus Buck and Dusty are back. 

The Wimbledon bar food is nice anyway....the sausage roll is the best I've had 

15 hours ago, NW10LDN said:

At least make an effort to get your facts right before your ad hominem.

The statement from London Broncos names IMG.

I do not have any vested interest.The club I have pride,and a huge amount of good fortune,at last,to follow,were treated disgracefully by the RFL long before Elstone,or IMG,or any other ' saviour of the sport 'was imagined.or reimagined. 

I care not one jot which club ' is protected ' - my interest is really the players on the pitch.I have no interest in the 'elite',the Category A club(s) run in such a manner as the loss making,world renowned,Wigan Warriors,or similar.

Oh,and fan engagement, of course,wins a vote from me. 

Providing for alcoholics,or having games at soccer stadia because they provide exquisite hospitality, doesn't appeal to me,or seemingly the missing crowds,as my interest is in the sporting contest of fit athletes.

I may even get round to learning all the rules and interpretations for the sport,for the season ahead as I have let it lapse over recent seasons.

I have huge respect for London Broncos followers.They haven't had it easy in recent years.

• Thanks 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

51 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

What would it take?

Surely the club should be asking Dredgie99 and all the others this really simple question? They'd have to listen to some uncomfortable home truths but I bet they could re-engage 1 in 5 with the right approach. And it would be very cheap to do.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why on earth should London be awarded a Cat A status?

There is presumably a set a criteria that has to be met that will grade club's by ticking boxes, for London to achieve an A status the bar will have to be set very low that being so we should have about 14 A grades.

Where did I say they should be awarded Cat A? Please provide a direct quote.

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

At least make an effort to get your facts right before your ad hominem.

The statement from London Broncos names IMG.

I do not have any vested interest.The club I have pride,and a huge amount of good fortune,at last,to follow,were treated disgracefully by the RFL long before Elstone,or IMG,or any other ' saviour of the sport 'was imagined.or reimagined. 

I care not one jot which club ' is protected ' - my interest is really the players on the pitch.I have no interest in the 'elite',the Category A club(s) run in such a manner as the loss making,world renowned,Wigan Warriors,or similar.

Oh,and fan engagement, of course,wins a vote from me. 

Providing for alcoholics,or having games at soccer stadia because they provide exquisite hospitality, doesn't appeal to me,or seemingly the missing crowds,as my interest is in the sporting contest of fit athletes.

I may even get round to learning all the rules and interpretations for the sport,for the season ahead as I have let it lapse over recent seasons.

I have huge respect for London Broncos followers.They haven't had it easy in recent years.

You need to get your facts straight. IMG have not been directly involved in any decision making at the Broncos. The rest of your waffle isn't worth wasting any more of my time on.

20 hours ago, NW10LDN said:

The obvious tinpot club that has been protected since the early nineties is London xxxx (insert moniker). Abject failures.

Pay £20 to get in, and £20 for an "artisan burger" and a pint of "artisan real ale". No Way..

I go to watch Rugby league, give me a bacon bap and a cup of tea for £3 and I won't feel ripped off, and I might go back on the same day for another.

20 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The diaspara is big big though and most of us have to make a huge effort to go....eswpcilaly.compared to northern monkeys who live in the town of the club they support 

Reported. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

The obvious tinpot club that has been protected since the early nineties is London xxxx (insert moniker). Abject failures.

Pay £20 to get in, and £20 for an "artisan burger" and a pint of "artisan real ale". No Way..

I go to watch Rugby league, give me a bacon bap and a cup of tea for £3 and I won't feel ripped off, and I might go back on the same day for another.

I don't have time for London or clubs from the North which offer nothing to the sport.