Match thread: Pre-Season friendly. Featherstone Rovers v Castleford. Saturday 31st December 2022.

marklaspalmas

Meh. Way too early I know, but I thought I'd get it out there.

First chance to see Lacans, Cozza, Hankinson, Dean, Taylor and Aekins in action.

And the new kit.

Blow away the cobwebs and start to get match fit during pre-season.

Still more than five weeks before our first competitive game, it's a bit early tbh.

But it's Cas. It's New Year's Eve. It'll be grand. See you down there.

Merry Christmas everybody.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

First chance to see Lacans, Cozza, Hankinson, Dean, Taylor and Aekins in action.

And the new kit.

Blow away the cobwebs and start to get match fit during pre-season.

Still more than five weeks before our first competitive game, it's a bit early tbh.

But it's Cas. It's New Year's Eve. It'll be grand. See you down there.

Merry Christmas everybody.

With all the new names I hope they have their names on the back of their shirts in big letters

3 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Better late than never I suppose!

As meaningless as pre-season tends to be up to a point - we all remember the world-beating Bastian pre-season - it serves its purpose. Reminds us that the new season is looming, helps get the players match-fit, allows new partnerships to be tried out, and provides a boost to the club's coffers. Let's hope for the odd promising sign and more importantly no major injuries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

With all the new names I hope they have their names on the back of their shirts in big letters

Will probably depend on whether we've announced the squad numbers by then, we usually have by the opening pre-season game though this is earlier than some previous years.

Either way you should at least be able to spot Lacans as he's several inches shorter than everyone else. Tackles well above his weight though.

15 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I wonder how many of the 27 man squad we'll get to see next Saturday?

Kheirallah defintiely not obviously, but perhaps others are in rehab after (minor) surgery?

I think it's unlikely we'll see Junior Moors, who has been in Australia with his family for a few weeks, or Connor Jones, who is also in Australia right now.

12 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

No MK, Jones, Hepi, Moors or Yei.

We're in crisis already..... 🤣

I wonder what kind of team the Tiggers will put out.

They usually put most of 1st team out then put young lads on in 2nd half.

On 24/12/2022 at 20:50, Fevrover said:

APPARENTLY only sending young un's.

Sending a mixture of young and old according to this article- but it seems to suggest we have Ben Crooks on our books so not sure how much can be believed https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/castleford-tigers-set-to-be-led-by-assistant-coach-in-new-years-eve-derby-against-featherstone-rovers-64933/

🤔

• Thanks 1

On 26/12/2022 at 17:17, mightyship said:

Sending a mixture of young and old according to this article- but it seems to suggest we have Ben Crooks on our books so not sure how much can be believed https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/castleford-tigers-set-to-be-led-by-assistant-coach-in-new-years-eve-derby-against-featherstone-rovers-64933/

🤔

Ben Crooks has signed for Keighley.

• Like 1

Yes it was a good hit out, with the usual "handbags". I thought the halves played OK . But for me the 2 who I was impressed with were Day and Hankinson (of the new blood.) and the usual effort you get from Briscoe