Elite 1 Round 11

Gavin Willacy  is a journo who proves an exception to the rule on the whole.

Did this article appear in the actual or just the virtual edition?

The lack of media coverage is at the heart of French and UK lack of progress, and it is the area most needed to be addressed as priority. It is also the most difficult to discuss in a sport that sees all its problems as internal ones.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Not very accurate on a few things, but good to see an article about French RL, we'll take any publicity we can find for French RL 😁

The only bit that struck me as in accurate was (unless I misread) he says "barely a few hundred at games" then a few paragraphs later says the average is around 1000. 

As you say though, great to see an article like this about French RL. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gomersall said:

What are the inaccuracies mate? Genuine question.

Maybe I'm a little picky😁

Maria is at Lézignan not Pia, elite 1 is definitely not awash with money, the big names who played pro for a french super League team are all recieving state benefits, 

There's 4 foreigners at Carcassonne 2 Aussies and 2 Fijians , 

Catalan and Toulouse don't really take the best players out of elite (maybe they should) 

Via Occitanie have shown 2 games so far, 

Other than the above a good article, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Maybe I'm a little picky😁

Maria is at Lézignan not Pia, elite 1 is definitely not awash with money, the big names who played pro for a french super League team are all recieving state benefits, 

There's 4 foreigners at Carcassonne 2 Aussies and 2 Fijians , 

Catalan and Toulouse don't really take the best players out of elite (maybe they should) 

Via Occitanie have shown 2 games so far, 

Other than the above a good article, 

His articles often have inaccuracies. He likes to spin a narrative, I guess. 

What think you of the prospects for a 10-team French pro league and the suggestion that Catalan and Toulouse would have to be included?

40 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

What think you of the prospects for a 10-team French pro league and the suggestion that Catalan and Toulouse would have to be included?

It’s the big city but of that which I find strange - ie 8 new clubs and ignore the likes of Carcassonne, Lezignan and Limoux who can all draw big crowds. 

52 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

A dream, and probably impossible 

The match of the Round or the best of the season so far - at Albi tonight. Tony Gigot along with Hakim Miloud two players who have played in Super League at length -  in tandem for the orange/black. At Carcassonne earlier it was 20-12. The Aude domination could well be tested tonight and later on.

Live on Youtube too at 6pm UK time

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 3

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg