Cup round 3

Peter Winthorpe

54 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Don't know how the gate receipts are split in cup matches re travelling costs at.

after the expenses are taken out the gate the gate money is halved. 

• Like 1

Hopefully we can pick up a win and keep the momentum going, and more importantly get game time as league one just doesn’t give the club enough revenue streams.

win against Doncaster and keep our fingers crossed for a home draw.

I'm not going to make a score prediction as it’s too early in the season to make those calls, but our side seems hungrier this season, and there appears to be a different vibe around the club.

• Like 1

O.K. neither us nor Haven have the draws we wanted but i see no reason why both Teams can maybe get a win . We have started well  , i take it Donny still play on the football ground so thats a big wide pitch which , the way we are playing , should suit our new style and we should use our pace out wide and chance our arm .With the Haven match , now they have their first win , could go and get a result . I will stay with my original thoughts on the Championship and still believe it is much weaker than last year , London aren`t exactly ripping trees up so they have a chance .

As away ties go it's a decent chance to make the next round. Our lads are playing with a lot of confidence and Donny will need to be a decent side to dominate our pack. I'd like to say these games are decided by who plays the best rugby but they usually come down to gifting possession through poor error rates and whether the ref decides he doesn't like you on the day. Should be a cracker.

On 27/02/2023 at 22:49, Peter Winthorpe said:

Thanks but what qualifies as expenses, overnight stays etc.

Maybe for Whitehaven,