Thur 2nd Mar: SL: Warrington Wolves v Salford Red Devils KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/23 at 20:30

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

The video ref has rather muddied it all a bit by not actually seeing anything to confirm he was onside (assuming we saw all that he saw) but there was no reason for him to check that anyway (on my understanding of how the system currently works) as he wasn't actually asked by the on field ref to check for the onside/offside.

Yes muddled is a great word to describe it. 

If what you say is correct, and I think it is, then he must have had some doubt himself but unfortunately he didn't then clear it up. 

44 minutes ago, Dave T said:

One thing getting lost in this nonsense over Thewlis is that it was an absolutely wonderful try. 

The PTB was 55m out, some slick handling, a pass out of the back of Ratchford's hand, a superb offload from Ashton following his break and a World. Class kick from Williams. 

It was genuinely brilliant stuff. 

Sorry Dave you had to spoil it. No ones actually interested in the rugby only the officials. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, RP London said:

but if he captained called that he would have lost, as again they have to prove that the referee us wrong.. so it wouldnt have made any difference. 

The initial call by all was that it was ok, I have seen nothing to say otherwise and I dont understand how people can claim that he was offside when there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to say that he was. There are 3 people though in the officiating crew who said he was onside from what they saw and, correct me if i am wrong as havent gone back to look at it, I dont remember the Salford players claiming he was offside, as i say, happy to be told they did as i havent re watched it.

Kyle Amor said he was off side on commentary, just for the record I have not stated that he was on or off side as you say I couldn't see it 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Kyle Amor said he was off side on commentary, just for the record I have not stated that he was on or off side as you say I couldn't see it 

Amor said "question marks over whether Thewlis was onside, but the touch judge said it was OK, so it matters not". This was quite a few seconds after he had described it as the best try of the night. 

Amor does not say he was offside. 

• Like 3

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

You were saying?

Good win for your lads tonight.

• Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

11 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

I'll bite my tongue on this one.😁

Preserve yer tongue Slim.

So has there been a change in the Laws regarding penalty tries or not? 

After last night, I have avoided all sport, never mind RL. Nevertheless perplexed myself wonders if this apparent Law change populates all of Planet RL with numerous 8 pointers tonight or just within the minds of space kadets Jack and Liam?

Please say kids?

Edited by idrewthehaggis

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Has John Drake got this thread title wrong?

It's usually only Wigan match threads where the topic goes into double figures page wise.

If you think this is bad, the pigeon is well and truly on the chessboard in the St Helens/Leeds thread.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Somewhere in deepest Total RL world (an inevitable eternally sunkissed Brigadoonesque valley) a cheery smile flourishes that it seems the match day threads have been very popular.

The SRD threads for Leigh was 13 pages long and this has hit 18. It can perhaps be considered that that dismal defeat against KR was forgettable with is compatible five pages.

The surmise of the Scottish musical is that it's an extraordinary fantastic world, cut off from reality. A mysterious village that does not appear on any maps.

Likewise some of the decisions this week, have a Brigadoonian fantasy swing about it. None detected in any RL map.

Invisible Laws that only reside in the minds of the Jack and Liam duo, flying challenges with the shoulder not considered so, spare seconds being discarded and sin binning for a Team warning when one hadn't been given, and abstract, if not arbitrary try plus penalty/penalty tries.  

It's a mess.Fixable. It needs the suits acknowledge it is first though 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Somewhere in deepest Total RL world (an inevitable eternally sunkissed Brigadoonesque valley) a cheery smile flourishes that it seems the match day threads have been very popular.

The SRD threads for Leigh was 13 pages long and this has hit 18. It can perhaps be considered that that dismal defeat against KR was forgettable with is compatible five pages.

The surmise of the Scottish musical is that it's an extraordinary fantastic world, cut off from reality. A mysterious village that does not appear on any maps.

Likewise some of the decisions this week, have a Brigadoonian fantasy swing about it. None detected in any RL map.

Invisible Laws that only reside in the minds of the Jack and Liam duo, flying challenges with the shoulder not considered so, spare seconds being discarded and sin binning for a Team warning when one hadn't been given, and abstract, if not arbitrary try plus penalty/penalty tries.  

Maybe its you who live in an alternative imaginary world where you ignore the obvious and ignore laws that have been in force for ages. And rather than look at the cause of errors and choose to blame the officials who are there to apply the laws. But you can be thankful because the rest of society allows people like you to air your ludicrous theories no matter how ridiculous they are. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Maybe its you who live in an alternative imaginary world where you ignore the obvious and ignore laws that have been in force for ages. And rather than look at the cause of errors and choose to blame the officials who are there to apply the laws. But you can be thankful because the rest of society allows people like you to air your ludicrous theories no matter how ridiculous they are. 

We all live in alternate realities which means that we're not safe to be on a forum or to be allowed out at night.

I think it's why we are so in love with the idea of a multiple universes, so many that probablity suggests that we can find one where everyone recognises our opinions are the only ones worth listening to. Although others exist they are to be pitied when seen next to ours.

I've already found mine but I think you need to wait for the next number 15 wormhole.

• Haha 2

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I think this result is now immaterial as it may be time  to say farewell to Salford if the reports of Sale taking charge of and buying the stadium are true, and come to pass. So it goes.

And as I was only hanging in there by the fingernails ....

Edited by Oxford

12 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Erm. 

10 hours ago, Oxford said:

We all live in alternate realities which means that we're not safe to be on a forum or to be allowed out at night.

I think it's why we are so in love with the idea of a multiple universes, so many that probablity suggests that we can find one where everyone recognises our opinions are the only ones worth listening to. Although others exist they are to be pitied when seen next to ours.

I've already found mine but I think you need to wait for the next number 15 wormhole.

Parts of the RL homeland does not even have a regular bus service, never the mind a wormhole.  

The multiverse is a silly story engine to platform narratives from Klingons to Chris Kendal. 

7 hours ago, Oxford said:

I think this result is now immaterial as it may be time  to say farewell to Salford if the reports of Sale taking charge of and buying the stadium are true, and come to pass. So it goes.

And as I was only hanging in there by the fingernails ....

That story isn't true. Its coughed up by an "opinion writer" in the same breath as claiming Ealing are joining the Welsh RU.😉 You know the skint WRU. 

To be honest, I'd thought people would realize I was playfully re-imaging how games could be potentially altered by debatable individual errors. Refs or otherwise. 

More saddened/annoyed folks did not have the wit to read my suggestions on how to support and improve refereeing. 

Come on now.

10 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

That story isn't true. Its coughed up by an "opinion writer" in the same breath as claiming Ealing are joining the Welsh RU.😉 You know the skint WRU. 

Come on now.

If so why as Ian Blease responded to it on twitter?

11 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Parts of the RL homeland does not even have a regular bus service, never the mind a wormhole.  

If you've missed the last wormhole there's no point moaning.

You'll just have to stay in this version of Earth where only my posts make sense and seem logical.

• Haha 1