v Halifax.

RLDB

Whilst I don’t expect to see a Barrow victory on current form I’d at least want to see Barrow compete for the 80 minutes. I’d go with the following:

Broadbent

Bulman

Worthington

Thornley

Shaw

Archer

Sammut

Iaria

Wood

Gillam

Langtree

Stack

Wells

Bench : Burke, Evans, Emslie, Saunders. 18th Man Cresswell. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Surprised Archer not in the 21, no Corkill either. 

Be interesting to see who fills left-wing, Shaw or Toal?

Expect Shaw will edge it due to his kicking.

Not seen the state of pitch after all this rain, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mud-bath meaning it'll be ruined for a while.

At least 3 teams are playing on it now, over used it seems and probably no funds to spend on it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RLDB said:

That’s what everyone wants to see, $hit loads of enthusiasm and effort. Struggled to pick a man off the match, great team effort. Well done all. 

Toal deserves credit had a great game total opposite to Monday.

• Like 5

I have to agree Toal gave it everything today, as did the rest of the boys they showed real passion and desire to put right the problems of the previous games, I knew there was a better team than the results suggested.  

Thornley made a massive difference under the watchful eye of his coach, shame we had to take him off after the hour mark, let's hope the lads play with the same effort next week which will be without Thornley as it's the cup game.

• Like 2

Well deserved victory. If we cut out the errors we could have won by more. I think the errors are coming from a lack of confidence which hopefully today will rectify. 

Hopefully this is the kick-start. I wish the Whitehaven game on good Friday was next week. Today convinced me we aren't a risk of going down. 

• Like 3

Agree with all the comments.

Much better determined team effort and if we continue like this we should secure several more wins, especially at home, to take us out of the bottom 2.

There were many excellent individual performances, Broadbent once again and Toal made good amends for his previous poor games.

Only downside was not having Shaw as goal-kicker. He would have converted all the tries and 4 extra points could have been the difference between winning and losing. But there's no current spot for him at centre and to be frank I'd rather select Corkill if the excellent Thornley leaves.

• Like 1

Well. Just home from a fantastic nerve jangling brilliant match. Whatever has gone on since Monday has certainly galvanised the team. Every man deserves credit and our go forward was excellent,  defence brutal and mistakes and penalties limited.

We all are quick to diss them but today was everything we have been asking from them. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 5

Really good all round performance today. It made a big difference to see all the big forwards putting in a big shift and less errors (although still too many). Certainly deserved the win and need to focus on the Whitehaven game now and just get the cup game out of the way without injuries.  😁🏉

• Like 1

It was the effort and determination that was on show today which had been missing this season. Also game management when we went 16-12 up was excellent. It is how we will have to play going forwards. Shout out for Ryan Johnston today thought he was brilliant but the whole team finally gelled. Well done to the coaching staff as well they must've worked wonders this week.

• Like 4

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Yes, it was a great team performance, but let's not overlook it was the individual skill and determination of that man Jarred Sammut who scored the last try that won us the game.

Halifax fans on their FB are roasting their team for losing to 'bottom-of-the table, average Barrow', after beating Featherstone away last week.

Their coach is blaming 'the heavy pitch conditions', which I thought was a pretty dry, non-muddy surface considering all the rain.

The Panthers will be seeking revenge next week at home, making our task that much harder.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Yes, it was a great team performance, but let's not overlook it was the individual skill and determination of that man Jarred Sammut who scored the last try that won us the game.

Halifax fans on their FB are roasting their team for losing to 'bottom-of-the table, average Barrow', after beating Featherstone away last week.

Their coach is blaming 'the heavy pitch conditions', which I thought was a pretty dry, non-muddy surface considering all the rain.

The Panthers will be seeking revenge next week at home, making our task that much harder.

If the coach is blaming heavy pitch conditions as the reason he lost the game then he's out of his mind. 

Their pack got dominated. They only really got field position from our errors which were generally due to us throwing the ball about. 

• Like 2