Fri 14th Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/04/23 at 19:30

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

It's where Dudson deserves a real kick up the ass. He basically sat himself down for 5 games for no reason whatsoever. 

I know the coverage had a big Wigan slant last night, but Wire have pretty much gone top of the league by having a monster pack and no shortage of pace playing off that. That pack wasn't there last night - Philbin, Harrison, Dudson, Bullock, plus Mikaele just left. 

We need to bring in big bodies from somewhere for Thursday. 

Those absences are the reason why last nights match will have little bearing on the next fixtures between the two sides. It's a great effort from Wigan because of the loss of Singleton on the night and having Powell at 13 and KPP at prop for a significant part of the second half. When Wire get their full strength pack back it's going to be a completely different challenge and almost certainly different tactics from both coaches. Wire's missing forwards helped big time because we could win the forward battle and play a more conservative game. Add those absent players for Wire into the mix and I don't think we can play the same way.

While it's a good night for the Wigan pack, with Cooper gone for the season, Singleton possibly out for a bit and not in form anyway and Mago only really capable of 10 minutes either side of half time, it's clear that what we produced last night was pretty much the best we've got for the rest of the year with a heavy reliance on Ellis, Havard and Byrne. Warrington clearly have a lot more to add.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Phil said:

But on so many occasions they’re painfully slow “can we just go back and look at that first angle? Ok now have we got another view?”

When most of us have already seen that it’s a yes or no 

If we are going to use the video ref, we may as well use them well. I don't like the move towards having one look at a tight call and moving on.

At the same time, if the incident is clear-cut, I don't like the repetitive poring over of the play.

17 hours ago, EagleEyePie said:

Those absences are the reason why last nights match will have little bearing on the next fixtures between the two sides. It's a great effort from Wigan because of the loss of Singleton on the night and having Powell at 13 and KPP at prop for a significant part of the second half. When Wire get their full strength pack back it's going to be a completely different challenge and almost certainly different tactics from both coaches. Wire's missing forwards helped big time because we could win the forward battle and play a more conservative game. Add those absent players for Wire into the mix and I don't think we can play the same way.

While it's a good night for the Wigan pack, with Cooper gone for the season, Singleton possibly out for a bit and not in form anyway and Mago only really capable of 10 minutes either side of half time, it's clear that what we produced last night was pretty much the best we've got for the rest of the year with a heavy reliance on Ellis, Havard and Byrne. Warrington clearly have a lot more to add.

Maybe, or maybe we will get better in drier conditions and have Cust, Smithies and Field back? Mago did a good job for us, and there is no indication that Singleton is done long term. We were away in conditions that did not suit us. We had Saints’ measure on Good Friday and we had Wire’s measure on Friday. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Maybe, or maybe we will get better in drier conditions and have Cust, Smithies and Field back? Mago did a good job for us, and there is no indication that Singleton is done long term. We were away in conditions that did not suit us. We had Saints’ measure on Good Friday and we had Wire’s measure on Friday. 

I love how you’ve gone from never winning the league again in your lifetime to being unbeatable in 8 games. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I love how you’ve gone from never winning the league again in your lifetime to being unbeatable in 8 games. 

He only has 6 weeks to live, so no conflict. 👩‍⚕️

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I don’t understand the inbred Saints idiots, who have united in a Let’s Give EW a Good Kicking from All sides weekend. What sort of collective group of losers takes a thread from months ago, fact based, with a prediction of the future susceptible to being - guess what - inaccurate, and then stores it to collectively attack me from all sides? Bearing in mind this was a fact based opinion, and extrapolation in line with many other commentators, and which looked entirely plausible after the game in Penrith - for which they were universally praised. AND WHICH WAS IN THEIR FAVOUR. 

As it happens, I have had severe health issues, but hopefully they are in the rearview mirror. 

What a pack of low lifes. 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

34 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I don’t understand the inbred Saints idiots, who have united in a Let’s Give EW a Good Kicking from All sides weekend. What sort of collective group of losers takes a thread from months ago, fact based, with a prediction of the future susceptible to being - guess what - inaccurate, and then stores it to collectively attack me from all sides? Bearing in mind this was a fact based opinion, and extrapolation in line with many other commentators, and which looked entirely plausible after the game in Penrith - for which they were universally praised. AND WHICH WAS IN THEIR FAVOUR. 

As it happens, I have had severe health issues, but hopefully they are in the rearview mirror. 

Charming. Hardly a good kicking from all sides I’ve only seen a couple of people mention it as a joke. No one’s stored it you just repeated it over and over that sort of thing sticks. Sorry to here about your health issues and hope you are well soon. 

44 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Firstly sorry to hear about your health issues - but pleased to hear they are hopefully in the rear mirror. 

Secondly, I am certain it wasn’t Chris22 nor my intent to give you a kicking. Back at the start of the season, you said Saints would be too good. We suggested otherwise due to a host of reasons (despite the Penrith win). That debate resurfaced again this week - hence why your initial comments resurfaced. That’s all. No kicking. No insults. If you have taken that as a personal attack, that’s your prerogative. But it wasn’t.

12 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Charming. Hardly a good kicking from all sides I’ve only seen a couple of people mention it as a joke. No one’s stored it you just repeated it over and over that sort of thing sticks. Sorry to here about your health issues and hope you are well soon. 

I missed the joke entirely. If you think half a dozen of you picking up a thread from months to attack me from all sides - when the thread was in your favour and fact based, as well - is bantz, and I am fair game, then that’s your and your mates’ problem. There is even a pinned thread immediately above this on that topic. It’s a gang indulging in a vicious pile on and also paranoid self pity. 

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Firstly sorry to hear about your health issues - but pleased to hear they are hopefully in the rear mirror. 

Secondly, I am certain it wasn’t Chris22 nor my intent to give you a kicking. Back at the start of the season, you said Saints would be too good. We suggested otherwise due to a host of reasons (despite the Penrith win). That debate resurfaced again this week - hence why your initial comments resurfaced. That’s all. No kicking. No insults. If you have taken that as a personal attack, that’s your prerogative. But it wasn’t.

It’s not my prerogative - don’t give me your victim shaming passive aggression. It’s a reasonable inference from half a dozen of you piling on. It wasn’t a “debate” at all - given that you and your chums were agreed that my argument was “bilge” and I had gone quiet as if I were somehow ashamed of a clearly argued opinion. 

20 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I missed the joke entirely. If you think half a dozen of you picking up a thread from months to attack me from all sides - when the thread was in your favour and fact based, as well - is bantz, and I am fair game, then that’s your and your mates’ problem. There is even a pinned thread immediately above this on that topic. It’s a gang indulging in a vicious pile on and also paranoid self pity. 

Behave