USARL

On 03/06/2023 at 01:57, Gomersall said:

Who’s We Tex, if you don’t mind me asking?

The teams in the North East, DC, Delaware Brooklyn and Boston in the RLU league. We arent formally associated with the USARL but there is a cordial relationship, one example being a North v South game which will take place July 1st.

• Thanks 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On 03/06/2023 at 03:36, fighting irish said:

Can you please tell us if you are party to this new constitution of the USARL?  Any more information would be welcome? Do you believe it will lead to further growth? 

RLU i.e the North East isnt under the jurisdiction of the USARL for many reasons. Growth at the moment for everywhere in the US is playing games and picking up the pieces of the NARL debacle.

• Thanks 1

3736-mipm.gif

13 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

RLU i.e the North East isnt under the jurisdiction of the USARL for many reasons. Growth at the moment for everywhere in the US is playing games and picking up the pieces of the NARL debacle.

Perhaps, more than most, I'm really interested in any and all news from the USA. If you would like to tell us the reasons you believe they are not affiliated, I'd be pleased to hear them. My other question was whether you believed the changes to the USARL would make any appreciable difference to the near/midterm future over there? 

5 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Perhaps, more than most, I'm really interested in any and all news from the USA. If you would like to tell us the reasons you believe they are not affiliated, I'd be pleased to hear them. My other question was whether you believed the changes to the USARL would make any appreciable difference to the near/midterm future over there? 

I wasn't really close enough to it to comment in any meaningful way but I think essentially the teams in the north didnt think the changes to the USARL operations were significant enough or tackled the main problems. By the same token, to answer you second question, I don't think you will see huge differences but then that is subjective. Ultimately, we need more teams, more people playing the game and some consistency in the competitions and teams that take part. There seems to be plenty going on in the west cost, mid-west and canada and both the north and south are back up and running so it's trending in the right direction, we just need to be realistic about what is achievable near and longer term.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3736-mipm.gif

Is there an issue finding places to play? I remember somebody 15 years ago promoting the idea of playing 11 a side so they could play on High School football pitches.

19 minutes ago, bbfaz said:

Is there an issue finding places to play? I remember somebody 15 years ago promoting the idea of playing 11 a side so they could play on High School football pitches.

It's not always easy but I've never heard anyone suggest anything like that. There are plenty of soccer fields that have adequate dimensions as well as a good amount of union fields.

3736-mipm.gif

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

It's not always easy but I've never heard anyone suggest anything like that. There are plenty of soccer fields that have adequate dimensions as well as a good amount of union fields.

Many years ago, there was a guy in North Carolina who persistently created proposals and websites for different sports leagues. 4-on-4 basketball, indoor soccer, all sorts. One of his ideas was 11-a-side RL on the narrow gridiron fields. Strange guy, thought he stole the idea though.

Thanks Gomersall. These are the results I have so far:

SE Atlanta Rhinos 22 Tampa Mayhem 42
SW Florida Copperheads 12 Tampa Mayhem 42
Jacksonville Axemen 32 SW Florida Copperheads 16

Can Vancouver Valley Vipers 36 Vancouver Dragons 16
Point Grey Thunder 42 Vancouver Valley Warriors 40

PC Los Angeles Mongrels 22 San Diego Barracudas 22
Santa Rosa Dead Pelicans 40 Los Angeles Bandidos 16
San Diego Barracudas 34 Los Angeles Mongrels 24

NE DC Cavalry 38 Boston 13s 12
Brooklyn Kings 36 Delaware Black Foxes 22

Edited by RayCee
Update
  • Like 2

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

4 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Unconfirmed scores from RLU.

DC 38, Boston 12
Brooklyn 36, Delaware 22

USARL South
Jacksonville 32, SWF 16

I've updated the results above. Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

56 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Love the nicknames brilliant:)

Paul

Was just thinking the same.. dead pelicans got to be my fav

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RP London said:

Was just thinking the same.. dead pelicans got to be my fav

I’m sure the story behind it is that the majority of that team’s roster are all alumni of a local high school whose team mascot was a pelican. When finding a team name this was the common denominator except they were all too old for high school now hence Dead Pelicans. 

• Like 4

RLinA 219 | Utah Rugby League Coming in HOT!

Podcast: https://www.rugbyleagueinamerica.net/podcast/episode/20d6908e/rlina-219-or-utah-rugby-league-coming-in-hot

Join the man with a mic himself, Dustin Zerrer, and the smoothest man in rugby league Lance Cavanaugh, as they welcome the men behind the new Utah Rugby League Association. The Utah guys are doing great things and we are excited to sit down and learn all about both the men and the only Youth rugby league organization in the country. Did they also give away a secret of potential things to come?? Tune in and find out!

Edited by DlEHARD
  • Like 2

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

9 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

I’m sure the story behind it is that the majority of that team’s roster are all alumni of a local high school whose team mascot was a pelican. When finding a team name this was the common denominator except they were all too old for high school now hence Dead Pelicans. 

oh now I like it even more... love stories like that!

• Like 1