Which TRLers have you met?

15 hours ago, Clinton Baptiste said:

Many years ago l met a poster called Dally M {an Australian} in the Caxton pub in Brisbane before a GB vOZ game.Does anybody remember him ? l believe he made a trip to the UK at one time.

Wally....or Walter...was his first name. Met him at Wigan on his UK trip, then outside Walgate when he was looking for a nightclub....😱😀👍

• Thanks 1

On 06/05/2023 at 09:42, Old Frightful said:

I think the first person I met from here was Dan (Glos Exile)

Oh yes, forgot about Dan. I reffed him a couple of times as a player and coach.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On 28/04/2023 at 21:02, Spidey said:

None that I know of 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well you know me, Bearman and Original Mr C for starters!

I bought Rach a Magners earlier today though she doesn't post much these days.

Also met Gogledd and his bike at the Hurricanes v Crusaders game. 

Sure I've met others from League 1 clubs without swapping TRL avatars.

Not ' meeting ' as such , but anybody who watched the half time mastermind on the big screen at the Leigh game yesterday saw me lose 2 GF tickets to what looked like a 10 old Giants fan wearing a daft hat 🙄

• Haha 2

On 29/05/2023 at 15:17, Maximus Decimus said:

I have only knowingly met one person from here who isn't an already known Widnes fan, the great Jill Halfpenny Fan who gave me a couple of old Aussie RL jerseys many years ago. I wore one last Halloween when I went as a 1980s RL player mullet and all.

Good Lord, how could I have forgotten JHF?, another diamond geezer who I've met up with a couple of times when he's come through to Hull to see the Chemics. Tried to arrange a meet up with him last time Hull were at Widnes but he didn't get the message until it was too late.

(At least that's what he said, it could of course be that he found me a reet boring bastud and was too embarrassed to be seen with me on home turf)

Edited by Old Frightful
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Not ' meeting ' as such , but anybody who watched the half time mastermind on the big screen at the Leigh game yesterday saw me lose 2 GF tickets to what looked like a 10 old Giants fan wearing a daft hat 🙄

Can you put that in your profile bio?? 😅