Oldham on Sunday.

Unicorn 106

2 hours ago, Onreport said:

Yeah, I wondered why he wasn't in 17 aswell but to be fair Kirkup is one of the few we have that actually makes yards in the middle

....and one of the neatest side steps I've seen 🙂

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Onreport said:

I personnaly think he gets bettter every game ive seen him play

Yeah, I`m not sure why anyone is questioning his inclusion in the match day squad.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dkw said:

Yeah, I`m not sure why anyone is questioning his inclusion in the match day squad.

Personally I think that although both him and Grant Reid are novices in terms of semi pro rugby, they both look to have plenty about them that suggests they are good additions to the squad. I think on Sunday there were 2 good off loads in the tackle, one from Joe and one from Grant which allowed us to gain good yards. They are only going to get better and I would give them as much game time as possible. 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Personally I think that although both him and Grant Reid are novices in terms of semi pro rugby, they both look to have plenty about them that suggests they are good additions to the squad. I think on Sunday there were 2 good off loads in the tackle, one from Joe and one from Grant which allowed us to gain good yards. They are only going to get better and I would give them as much game time as possible. 

Absolutely agree 100 percent, both need plenty of game time to maintain the improvement shown so far, I would also apply the same to JJ.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bobg said:

Absolutely agree 100 percent, both need plenty of game time to maintain the improvement shown so far, I would also apply the same to JJ.

All three give us good go forward which is their job and lacking last year, it's what follows on from there that needs working on and the rotation maybe could be tweaked a bit. They've all been good signings. I didn't think i'd miss Forber but his combination with Walker could be really good, hope so anyway.

• Like 3

Don`t know if anyone has been on the Oldham forum but they were delighted with their win on Sunday , which is fair enough ,they think they can rip the League up and really challenge Dewsbury .Either they have vastly over rated us , or vastly over rated them selves . Take Ridyard out of their side and they don`t have a lot of class about them .They probably will challenge for promotion , but like a few at the top in our league , they look 8 or 9 players short of a Championship side .

15 hours ago, IanMac said:

I think on Sunday there were 2 good off loads in the tackle, one from Joe and one from Grant which allowed us to gain good yards.

Yes , they’re so rare you can remember them . It just makes you a bit harder to defend against and adds something to your attack 

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

Don`t know if anyone has been on the Oldham forum but they were delighted with their win on Sunday , which is fair enough ,they think they can rip the League up and really challenge Dewsbury .Either they have vastly over rated us , or vastly over rated them selves . Take Ridyard out of their side and they don`t have a lot of class about them .They probably will challenge for promotion , but like a few at the top in our league , they look 8 or 9 players short of a Championship side .

Will finish 3rd st best.🤔

12 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Begging bowl will be out again, hope there's no repeat at York !

Looks like a couple of dozen idiots have cost the club money that they haven’t got.

They are identifiable on footage on the internet so I wonder if the club hasn’t taken the appropriate action to report them, hence they have to pay £1500 more than Barrow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2023 at 19:23, Neutralfan7 said:

Missed that, shame for the lad but great to see he seems to be over it and back playing 

Taking ages for him to come back but he's working hard. He was in a bad way with his head. Was seeing a neurosurgeon in Birmingham. 

I wouldn't discount him coming back in a season or two 😉