James Ford

POR

Just now, POR said:

It's being reported James Ford has left his role as an assistant coach at Wakefield Trinity to become Featherstone Rovers' director of rugby :kolobok_yahoo:

Hopefully he brings some of Wakefield's attacking prowess with him.

• Haha 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

It seems a bit odd that one of the up and coming coaches in the game has gone in this direction. It  still makes me wonder if his exit from the knights had more behind it and he wasn't getting the control he wanted from the chairman.

• Like 1

Trying to save his career.  If he stayed at Wakefield he'd either be sacked when they go down or be assistant coach at a struggling championship club next season, going backwards and have little chance of landing a head coach position again. Don't blame him for leaving but then I don't understand why he was so keen to go to Wakefield in the first place. What really went on at York? It was pretty obvious Wakefield would struggle this year and long term York are in a far better place. Guess more money and working with his mate won, but the grass isn't always greener.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Why so? 

Ford made some ambiguous but fairly unambiguous (if that makes sense) comments about Dean when he was on loan at York and I don't think they saw eye to eye in terms of playing style.

That was two years ago and Dean has two former GB halves as his main coaches now so I wouldn't anticipate his arrival at Fev being that much of an issue in terms of Dean.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

really strange move , i don,t see any logic in it , bet his best mate mash is confused ?

Not really it's a new role looks like FEV think James is a good fit for  their first ever Director of Rugby

43 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

It seems a bit odd that one of the up and coming coaches in the game has gone in this direction. It  still makes me wonder if his exit from the knights had more behind it and he wasn't getting the control he wanted from the chairman.

Maybe just maybe after  8 years coaching he fancied a change and remember after 7 years coaching chris chester ended up at leigh doing same job  leigh and said" This is a role that really excites me similarly james says I'm so excited to take up this unique challenge

5 minutes ago, DEANO said:

What does a director of rugby actually do

According to FEV D 

The primary purpose of the role will be to support Head Coach Sean Long to prioritise on-field coaching and to support the club’s senior management with the administration and management of the club’s rugby operations James will lead on recruitment plans, and will ensure that we maximise the investments we are making in our playing squad and off-field team  This role creates greater capacity for the coaching staff to continue to develop an exciting and successful brand of rugby whilst also allowing the board more time to plan strategically for the club’s very exciting future.”

• Thanks 1

Hopefully he signs a load of injury prone halfbacks and some SL has beens a looking for a final pay day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ford made some ambiguous but fairly unambiguous (if that makes sense) comments about Dean when he was on loan at York and I don't think they saw eye to eye in terms of playing style.

That was two years ago and Dean has two former GB halves as his main coaches now so I wouldn't anticipate his arrival at Fev being that much of an issue in terms of Dean.

He’ll stay out of the way of Riley’s mum if he’s got any sense. The word “formidable” hardly does her justice. Let’s just say she’s not his biggest fan. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Players move on and so do coaches, wish James all the best, he stuck by us when we were a basket case of a club.

He also gave us the credibility to be a club worth investing in after a mental few years under the old regime, I reckon he played a big part in Flatman & Campbell getting involved at the end of 2016 so forever thankful to him for that. 

Things move on and I really do hope he does alright for himself cos he’s a top bloke.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

He also gave us the credibility to be a club worth investing in after a mental few years under the old regime, I reckon he played a big part in Flatman & Campbell getting involved at the end of 2016 so forever thankful to him for that. 

Things move on and I really do hope he does alright for himself cos he’s a top bloke.

Agree totally, Fordy served us well, top guy, approachable and always had time for the fans. Hope he does well at Fev - thought he might have gone to Cas though, was surprised when Lingard got the gig there.

• Like 3

Time was when JF walked on water and the club owes him big time for what he achieved here. What happened towards the end, who knows?

A) Lost his mojo

B) Rivals worked him out, knew what to expect, and found ways to beat us

C) Conspiracy theory, something sinister

D) None of the above

Trinity looked like a fair move, super league experience on his CV, probably more brass. With 20-20 hindsight, maybe not such a good call. We've all backed the wrong horse in our time.

I think (hope) Feb will cut the mustard in SL and not come  straight back down again. Which being the case, James' career will be on the up and up, and he'll have a chance to establish Fev as a decent SL side and put his own stamp on them.

Good luck to him in all his endeavours.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

But I’m sure it’s all water under then bridge. And he’ll no doubt be off back to Warrington anyway. 

Aye end of season back to  the wire    but talk is if they want to loan him out again next year he   will ask to leave        

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Absolutely!

• Like 1

You got to laugh  at Wakey 

FIRST

“The club very recently became aware that James had agreed to join Featherstone Rovers for the 2024 season and after considering all the circumstances, we have agreed with James that he should leave with immediate effect.

BUT  the big question is if they had not become aware would James still be there

SECOND 

"It was obvious it wasn't working. We've been pretty clunky in attack and look a bit afraid to play. I won't go into the reasons why.

IF it was so obvious  it wasn't working .why didn't they get shut of James before they became AWARE of FEV's interest

• Like 1