Sun 28th May: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull FC KO 15:00 (OurLeague)

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/23 at 14:30

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Still a chance!

My word though, Adrian errr Morley has to be the worst commentator going!

Sneyd will slot this from half way and that will be that. So disappointed with this. I think we've been awful.

Well done Salford. Better team again. Far better game management and their errors were from over-playing. Hull have been let down by errors from players that should have been doing better defending. I'm happy with the effort though. Can't be guilty of giving up at least.

We go again.

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Well done Salford. Better team again. Far better game management and their errors were from over-playing. Hull have been let down by errors from players that should have been doing better defending. I'm happy with the effort though. Can't be guilty of giving up at least.

We go again.

It's almost more frustrating because we've competed hard and on our rare visits to Salford territory we've actually looked dangerous. But we've shot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

Hopefully that's the last game McIntosh and Hoy play for a while. Not sure how far away Litten is from fitness though.

• Like 2

After a great run of form, it comes to an end with a strong effort but errors let us down. If we can work on that next week, we have a chance. Still more optimistic than 2 months ago!

Salford not as clinical as the start of the year (thank god!). When things click for them, they score some great tries. Think they should make the playoffs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MZH said:

It's almost more frustrating because we've competed hard and on our rare visits to Salford territory we've actually looked dangerous. But we've shot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

Hopefully that's the last game McIntosh and Hoy play for a while. Not sure how far away Litten is from fitness though.

They won't drop Hoy if Litten isn't fit.

McIntosh I can't see playing next week though. Doesn't even have pace going for him. I expected so much more when we signed him. Very disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

After a great run of form, it comes to an end with a strong effort but errors let us down. If we can work on that next week, we have a chance. Still more optimistic than 2 months ago!

Salford not as clinical as the start of the year (thank god!). When things click for them, they score some great tries. Think they should make the playoffs.

Oh I'm definitely optimistic for the future. Smith has obviously made great improvements in our effort and togetherness and if we keep building on that everything will eventually come together. We were just very very sloppy today. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we beat Warrington though. But we need to play much better than that.

• Like 1

Not one for the purists but entertaining. Rowley deserves a lot of credit as a few Salford players are not performing at the moment but the team still finds ways to win. Desperately need another prop now.

47 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

They won't drop Hoy if Litten isn't fit.

McIntosh I can't see playing next week though. Doesn't even have pace going for him. I expected so much more when we signed him. Very disappointed.

This.

He cost us the game.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I thought this was another entertaining game with not a lot to choose between the teams.

Marc Sneyd was the difference in particular the way he set up the try just before HT with a quite brilliant kick for Brierley to score. I don't think anyone else realised there was anything on, Sneyd did and then executed the kick perfectly which from so far out was exceptional.

Turnstile Tex was at it again his feeble effort to tackle Dupree was far from his only error and McIntosh for all that he does the occasional good thing is full of errors.

One thing that really surprised me was when Griffiths went to the video ref. I had no idea that there was a video ref for this game and why he chose this incident when there was an obvious knock on from Hull was a mystery.

Earlier Griffiths ruled that Sio's elbow had touched the ground prior to his try scoring pass, replays showed clearly that was not the case. I thought at the time 'Hull are lucky there is no video ref' so to find out that there was made it all the more baffling.

It didn't matter in the end and Salford have a habit of edging out close games.

Looking forward to 2 massive games that Rovers face against Salford at magic weekend and then in the challenge cup.

• Like 1

To reply to the troll, Sio’s elbow didn’t touch the ground but his ball carrying hand did.

Typical that you chose not to notice that.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

To reply to the troll, Sio’s elbow didn’t touch the ground but his ball carrying hand did.

Typical that you chose not to notice that.

Hey you are getting ridiculous now. I'm just saying that it was most certainly worth a look from the video ref seeing as though we had one.

50 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

I thought this was another entertaining game with not a lot to choose between the teams.

Marc Sneyd was the difference in particular the way he set up the try just before HT with a quite brilliant kick for Brierley to score. I don't think anyone else realised there was anything on, Sneyd did and then executed the kick perfectly which from so far out was exceptional.

Turnstile Tex was at it again his feeble effort to tackle Dupree was far from his only error and McIntosh for all that he does the occasional good thing is full of errors.

One thing that really surprised me was when Griffiths went to the video ref. I had no idea that there was a video ref for this game and why he chose this incident when there was an obvious knock on from Hull was a mystery.

Earlier Griffiths ruled that Sio's elbow had touched the ground prior to his try scoring pass, replays showed clearly that was not the case. I thought at the time 'Hull are lucky there is no video ref' so to find out that there was made it all the more baffling.

It didn't matter in the end and Salford have a habit of edging out close games.

Looking forward to 2 massive games that Rovers face against Salford at magic weekend and then in the challenge cup.

Not an unfair assessment. Sneyd was indeed very good and that scrum kick try coming right on half time always felt like a big moment in the game. I just thought we turned over far too much easy ball. Hoy and McIntosh were the two worst culprits but there were plenty of others. If we had just looked after the ball a bit better I think we would have won. We caused problems when we did manage to get in good areas.

On the Sio pass off the floor. I thought his ball carrying hand touched the floor. But the stream was poor, I'd need to see some better quality pictures to be certain.

At least the troll admits to being one, couldn't wait to post on here once Hull FC lost.

• Confused 1

I swear this Salford Side are trying to kill me.

I was surprised  to see the video ref used especially when he didn't check out the Sio incident. Hull's first try looked a mile forward from the stands.

When it came to a 6 point lead I thought we had blown it. The drop goal was a smart move.

Salford lacked composure, giving FC too much possession with daft passes.

Only see try clips.

Brilliant play from the scrum for Brierley try.

Kick was perfection & chase was superbly timed.

Hull try at start of 2nd half was great play but inside pass from Swift a mile forward. 

Salford are way ahead points wise of where they were at same stage last season.

Still going under the radar maybe becaise they've only beaten one of the top four so far.

Dupree moving doesn't seem to have caused too much disruption.

Will need a big step uo in performance to get anything against Rovers at Magic.

13 hours ago, MZH said:

Not an unfair assessment. Sneyd was indeed very good and that scrum kick try coming right on half time always felt like a big moment in the game. I just thought we turned over far too much easy ball. Hoy and McIntosh were the two worst culprits but there were plenty of others. If we had just looked after the ball a bit better I think we would have won. We caused problems when we did manage to get in good areas.

On the Sio pass off the floor. I thought his ball carrying hand touched the floor. But the stream was poor, I'd need to see some better quality pictures to be certain.

Definitely touched the floor. He was unlucky as that would have been great play. IIRC, he pulled his hand back up and tried twice (both times just touching the ground) making me think he knew he'd touched. Don't recall him complaining much.

It's frustrating because had a couple of players just been a bit smarter, we could have won this.

A lesson to learn from. At least we've improved and our commitment has been so much better. We've not been tested much for a few weeks.