Lingard's disappointment.

phildog

After the radio interview after the London, Craig's gone in The Reporter as saying he's not sure as to why he can't have any new bodies. If HE'S not sure then it's over to someone to explain....

Are you trying to stir ###### up again Phil? (Don't bother answering, it is a rhetorical question!) Look it up if you have to.

I really do not understand you.

We are joint 2nd in league, (3rd on points difference) after completing over half a season, whilst seemingly running well as a club and a business, (unless you can cite relevant, published evidence to the contrary). 

We have won 9 out of the last 10 games, including wins against Halifax and Toulouse, teams that have spent several times what we have, and are widely touted as strong favourites to challenge Featherstone for promotion. Yet all you can post about is any negative tittle-tattle you over hear or come across. 

God help us, if there is some actual bad news, you'll be positively wetting yourself with glee typing to tell us all how bad things are.

As you are a moderator, can you grant me special dispensation to allow me to ignore your future posts, (like you can for regular users)? So I don't have to read your moaning posts anymore.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 7

For a start I don't have any choice in disregarding any posts, I can only keep any eye on language, personal attacks (I could have taken exception to a few!) etc. Now, if the coach, in whom we've had full confidence for 2 and a half seasons, starts to hint at certain things, do we dismiss him as a crank or a moaner? Why, in agreeing with him and supporting his comments am I? It should be as plain as the noses on collective faces that the squad is turning out under trying circumstances, bringing knocks to every game and the coach wants to bring in a few faces to hand out a few rest passes and for reasons unknown or unexplained he can't, why am I at fault in asking?

Craig has said the only short term loan he would take is hooley , as he knows how the team plays , if we signed someone mid season like martyn reilly last season they would want at least a 18 month contract , so mokko would be stuck with a player he might not want , difficult decisions for the board 

IMG_0583.JPG

Are we looking at another GF shot or Wembley? That's thus season. Linners is quick to say how much if a better coach Mokko is so can anybody see Linners bringing in a man without discussing it with him? If we have to persist with injured, broken bodies (not my words!!) then we might not achieve either of the above.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phildog said:

Are we looking at another GF shot or Wembley? That's thus season. Linners is quick to say how much if a better coach Mokko is so can anybody see Linners bringing in a man without discussing it with him? If we have to persist with injured, broken bodies (not my words!!) then we might not achieve either of the above.

What if we achieve both… do you think we will have over achieved… 

• Like 1

read what i put in the BISSA post ,as i said if you are that concerned put your money where your mouth is ,so BISSA can assist in strengthening the squad, as like others on here have said we are a club that is running on a tight budget so we have a club to support for many more years to come or do we ask the BOD to spend what we ain't got and go bust and have no club to support. Maybe what money they have got is already put to one side for next seasons recruitment as many have said we do have quite a few players coming to the end of their careers at this level so will need replacing .

• Like 1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

I used to enjoy this forum and was quite active on it... but not so much now. 

• Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

We are where we are. Sitting high in the division this season, with the last 2 seasons of 'over achieving' (not my words) behind us. Yes the squad is getting older, as we all are, with that comes experience. Also, having the benefit of keeping the nucleus of a team together for several years has proven to be successful. Just look at other clubs that buy in supposed talent and get nowhere. Just look at clubs that have larger budgets than Batley - I would assume all but 2 within the Championship have larger spends on players than us - where are they right now? Yes, injuries and niggles appear throughout the season and we are getting to the point now where they are causing issues, some visible, some not. I noticed Ben White had his thigh heavily strapped at the weekend. Most clubs will have this issue but will have larger squads than us, depend on loanees, DR or just buy in players. We don't have that luxury but so what. Our squad have a togetherness, play for each other and the badge, that I do not see from other clubs. We've now a got a really tough run until the end of the campaign, so whether or not we still fly as high as right now, I believe we will be in the top 6 and silence the doubters. We have a great squad and I don't doubt that many of them will be with us next season too.

• Like 1

Redditch, my money is where my mouth is, just in case you were aiming!! PM, keep involved every, it's a forum for opinions not necessarily all the same. Strange how, after being told so often that I'm having a go at the club/coach, the first time I actually agree with him. I'm still in bother!

Edited by phildog
  • Like 1

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think this is too much information sharing from Lingard. If it was my business he was discussing in an open forum, I'd be fuming.

Nobody except those running the club know what the full story is, and neither should they, it's commercially sensitive information. Putting it out there that we are on our @rses financially does not put us in a particularly strong competitive position when negotiating for and attracting potential new talent either this or next season. I really don't understand the need for the minutiae of how the club is run, leave it to those who have so far been doing an excellent job of it!! 

Edited by BatleyBird
  • Like 3

I think people need to remember is that we don't actually know what the actual day to day running costs of the club are! We have had a bit of success over the last few years and I think people believe there should be bundles of cash floating about I think for winning the grand final last year it was £35k what's that 2 or 3 players at best! I'm sure craig is frustrated at not being able to bring bodies in has have many a batley coach before him, coaching batley is a tough gig and  they understand that, but I also understand that being told no all the time will lead to frustration,I'm sure craig is thinking about players welfare when asking! don't forget these boys have jobs and family, and having to push them to the limit every week is hard on them and him, every coach wants success for his team and I'm sure craig wants to leave on a high for him and the club! and although we have a few injuries at the moment, we are still winning games! What craig has is a team that is tough well bonded and  hard to beat that work hard for each other, no superstars or glory boys like samutt at barrow! a top 6 finish is what we set out for this season and it looks like we may achieve that goal🤞, I'm  sure craig still has faith in the squad  all be it being a bit battered and bruised like most teams at this stage of the season, we don't have the unfair so called luxury of DR but how many teams does it actually work for!  To me it's like putting a sticking plaster on a broken leg! for us to be where we are at the this stage of the season in the toughest championship so far is testament to the players linners, moxon, And the medical staff! We need to get behind the club and show as much support as we can to craig and the boys! Also the board! Just be thankful we ain't where dewsbury are! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

I think people need to remember is that we don't actually know what the actual day to day running costs of the club are! We have had a bit of success over the last few years and I think people believe there should be bundles of cash floating about I think for winning the grand final last year it was £35k what's that 2 or 3 players at best! I'm sure craig is frustrated at not being able to bring bodies in has have many a batley coach before him, coaching batley is a tough gig and  they understand that, but I also understand that being told no all the time will lead to frustration,I'm sure craig is thinking about players welfare when asking! don't forget these boys have jobs and family, and having to push them to the limit every week is hard on them and him, every coach wants success for his team and I'm sure craig wants to leave on a high for him and the club! and although we have a few injuries at the moment, we are still winning games! What craig has is a team that is tough well bonded and  hard to beat that work hard for each other, no superstars or glory boys like samutt at barrow! a top 6 finish is what we set out for this season and it looks like we may achieve that goal🤞, I'm  sure craig still has faith in the squad  all be it being a bit battered and bruised like most teams at this stage of the season, we don't have the unfair so called luxury of DR but how many teams does it actually work for!  To me it's like putting a sticking plaster on a broken leg! for us to be where we are at the this stage of the season in the toughest championship so far is testament to the players linners, moxon, And the medical staff! We need to get behind the club and show as much support as we can to craig and the boys! Also the board! Just be thankful we ain't where dewsbury are! 

good post i speak to a few Dewsbury fans regularly and they are so envious of us

2 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think this is too much information sharing from Lingard. If it was my business he was discussing in an open forum, I'd be fuming.

Nobody except those running the club know what the full story is, and neither should they, it's commercially sensitive information. Putting it out there that we are on our @rses financially does not put us in a particularly strong competitive position when negotiating for and attracting potential new talent either this or next season. I really don't understand the need for the minutiae of how the club is run, leave it to those who have so far been doing an excellent job of it!! 

Why? He’s the coach… do you expect Craig to come out and lie? I don’t expect anyone at the club to spend the money but don’t have but imagine if Craig had been backed like the previous regime was… we went back 5 years under that guy and we are back where we belong! Craig deserves a medal and more! He’s a top coach and bloke

we shall see if mark is backed in the off season which is where we need to kick on again and cement our top 6 place because we are a top 6 club with ambition I hope now 

49 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Why? He’s the coach… do you expect Craig to come out and lie? I don’t expect anyone at the club to spend the money but don’t have but imagine if Craig had been backed like the previous regime was… we went back 5 years under that guy and we are back where we belong! Craig deserves a medal and more! He’s a top coach and bloke

we shall see if mark is backed in the off season which is where we need to kick on again and cement our top 6 place because we are a top 6 club with ambition I hope now 

No, I'd expect him to not say anything about the internal processes and business at the club. I've never said he's not either a top coach or a top bloke. Just that in this instance, I think he's wrong to make the comments he has. Not everything is black and white

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

No, I'd expect him to not say anything about the internal processes and business at the club. I've never said he's not either a top coach or a top bloke. Just that in this instance, I think he's wrong to make the comments he has. Not everything is black and white

Why? So if he holds back about everything and didn’t say anything about it, we’d be worried surely? He’s allowed to criticise the frustrations or is he supposed to lie to the fans,Sponsors etc don’t forget the biggest shareholders are the fans, 

6 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Why? So if he holds back about everything and didn’t say anything about it, we’d be worried surely? He’s allowed to criticise the frustrations or is he supposed to lie to the fans,Sponsors etc don’t forget the biggest shareholders are the fans, 

Who is asking him to lie? And I've already explained why. 

I very much respect Craig Lingard, he's the best thing that's happened to our club for a long time. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to disagree with him. In this instance, I do. You clearly don't, fair enough. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

Who is asking him to lie? And I've already explained why. 

I very much respect Craig Lingard, he's the best thing that's happened to our club for a long time. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to disagree with him. In this instance, I do. You clearly don't, fair enough. 

So you don’t want him to come out and tell us what’s happening why we can sign a player? So we don’t then we have this all the time on forum I don’t how long you’ve been on here but we used have these threads for 80% of the time and it’s the same old thing of what you are saying when the coach or anyone criticises the club in public 

8 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

So you don’t want him to come out and tell us what’s happening why we can sign a player? So we don’t then we have this all the time on forum I don’t how long you’ve been on here but we used have these threads for 80% of the time and it’s the same old thing of what you are saying when the coach or anyone criticises the club in public 

No, actually, I don't. Supporters don't have God given rights to know every single thing that goes on behind closed doors, despite what some people think. The club is well run, that's all I need to know and I trust that those who are making the decisions have the best interests of the club at heart. 

If I criticised my employer in public, I'd expect to be pulled up on it, literally no difference here. 

And thanks for the condescending tone, like I said before, we have different opinions on this one, it is allowed. I don't need to go over the same thing over and over again, you go and argue with a brick wall if you want to, I've got better things to do. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, distantdog said:

And sadly missed - imagine how toxic it would be if we weren't third in the league?

Don't think there's any toxicity on here just different opinions! That's what a forum is for to discuss, it's good that there is plenty of topic and conversation on here in good times and bad, some forums I've noticed are hardly used, it shows people are passionate about the club, I'm sure there's always going to be opinions and disagreement on here!but I am  sure of one thing we all would agree on, is we all love the Bulldogs! and would be lost without them. 

Edited by The scrim reaper

On 04/07/2023 at 07:56, Piggy's mate said:

I used to enjoy this forum and was quite active on it... but not so much now. 

Ditto PM. The HW forums seem to have lost their sense of humour. Since his spell on the naughty step, even Coolie has become a paragon of moderation and restraint - what have they done with the old one ? 🤔☺️The old good natured banter and wit seems to have been lost to cynicism and confrontational rhetoric. Sadly, posters like PD, who express their opinions with their feet firmly on the ground rather than their heads in the clouds, appear to be regarded as treacherous doom mongers. Sad days. The forums are still the only way I can keep abreast of things in the local game at the moment, but would love it if they returned to their former good natured selves.

• Like 1
Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.