Clint.

spanishknight

If I recall correctly, there were a couple of differences in 2021. I think the rules were amended slightly because of covid, and also wasn't the 1895 a completely stand alone competition then. Mike Lewis had already been at York on loan so he wasn't a new player in that respect. It seems to me that either all 3 are cup-tied, or none of them are. It would be good to get some clarification from the club. 

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

with glover gone could this be the long awaited return of levi edwards , also worth noting how good jesse dee looked last sun , marsh has hardly played all season but browny for me is just as good at fullback so using bassy and towse as your first choice wingers probably is the way forward for the rest of this season

Agree 100% about Dee George but nothing wrong with Harrison on the wing last Sunday in my book. In fact why mess about. A cracking win last Sunday so what's wrong with keeping the same team if no injuries, a settled team for the first time this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cam varley said:

Just done a bit of research now it turns out that in 2021 mikey Lewis played in the challenge cup for hull kr in there 32-33 loss to castleford and also ended up playing for us in the 1895 cup final so unless something has been changed I’m assuming Pratt should be eligible to play

I think it depends on whether the early rounds of the Challenge Cup are deemed to be qualifying rounds for the 1895 Cup if that is the case then you would be cup tied but if the 1895 Cup is deemed by the RFL to be a seperate competition then you wouldn't be. In soccer the rules relating to a player being cup tied are competition specific, as it is Rugby League we are talking about it probably depends on what day it is or who is playing, or am i BEING TOO CYNICAL!! 

2 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

The Challenge Cup, is, in effect,a qualifying competition for the 1895 Cup, so technically, players can only play for one club in the competition. Surely, somebody at the club knows the rules?

Seeing as Olly Pratt played for Wakefield in the Challenge Cup and Wakefield can't compete in the 1895 Cup then Olly isn't cup tied. I'm sure the powers that be have it sussed.😀

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Hasn't Glover supposed to have signed for 2024 for the Eagles?.

Maybe if he has signed for them next season hendo thought he will let him go now and get a good look at Pratt or Harrison in the centre. Clint said in the interview they were talking to Wakefield about Oli how they get on is another matter..

I suppose we have to trust Hendos judgment personally I think glover is a loss but then again I thought playing Clarkson in the centres was strange on Sunday so what do I know.

Edited by Roger York
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, coolie said:

Nice Mr Loxton🤣🤣

If he's talking about what's gone wrong this season at York

7 o'clock news may need cancelling

🤔🤣🤣 

I don't want to get a reputation like you. There's no room for two Coolies. I just hope Dewsbury lose there next match on the same day as Fev do then it won't be as painful😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I don't want to get a reputation like you. There's no room for two Coolies. I just hope Dewsbury lose there next match on the same day as Fev do then it won't be as painful😂😂😂😂😂

I find him funny, he brightens topics up, life's too short to be miserable, at least he's not nasty with it, just roll with it remember when Dewsbury get promoted that's 4 easy points for the Knights.

Edited by spanishknight
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

I find him funny, he brightens topics up, life's too short to be miserable, at least he's not nasty with it, just roll with it remember when Dewsbury get promoted that's 6 easy points for the Knights.

Plus we’ve got a new stand at the LNER to wheel out for their travelling fans 

33DF46C3-F873-40E1-9E0C-27E272E9AB49.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

I find him funny, he brightens topics up, life's too short to be miserable, at least he's not nasty with it, just roll with it remember when Dewsbury get promoted that's 4 easy points for the Knights.

He is entertaining. He lights up the Fev forum when we lose albeit that hasn't been too often of late. Think someone on here doesn't get the banter though cos some of his posts have gone missing. It's only sport not life and death. You seem to be one of the level headed ones on here SK it's always interesting reading yours and a few others who comment on this board. Good luck in your up coming games.

• Thanks 1