Littler

jroyales

58 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

Hearing rumours numerous players have asked to leave the club  Ridyard Baker Morgan and Paga, hope this is all speculation. Also seen on twitter Wilkinson will be going to Widnes with immediate effect, hope not because he’s been the glue for me and we seem to lose our way when he goes off. 

Utter nonsense - none of them will have asked to leave the club. Suspect Ridyard and Wilkinson may not be around next year but the others will. 

7 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

A link would be helpful?

He's referring to Jordan Turner. Oldham lad and Super League centre with Castleford. Pure speculation if you ask me but would be one hell of a signing at our level. 

Edited by Roughyed Rats
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterYed said:

I like Littler and his attacking brand of rugby and you can’t help but think with Ford looking over his shoulder it couldn’t of been an easy job, trying to bond the new players together with the rumours of new players pending it can’t be good for team morale. Thank you for your hard work Littler.

Hearing rumours numerous players have asked to leave the club  Ridyard Baker Morgan and Paga, hope this is all speculation. Also seen on twitter Wilkinson will be going to Widnes with immediate effect, hope not because he’s been the glue for me and we seem to lose our way when he goes off. 

Looking forward to seeing what Ford can do with this bunch of players, I feel this bunch can get promoted but we have no Devine right to go up or our squad is any better than Doncaster or Hunslet in my opinion. 

let’s all stick together and get behind Ford 

No players have asked to leave. They are on one year deals and are free to speak to other clubs about next season. Most of the players on your list havnt been offered anything at Oldham yet.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

He's referring to Jordan Turner. Oldham lad and Super League centre with Castleford. Pure speculation if you ask me but would be one hell of a signing at our level. 

More than speculation. Castleford in no position to be releasing anybody so will be next season, hence why Ford is in as caretaker.

Was at your place when you handed Hornets a proper beating on Good Friday. As painful as it was to watch its was some of the fastest expansive rugby i have seen at this level in many years and you looked a really well coached outfit.

Feel sorry for Littler, board room interference in team matters and dressing rooms rarely ends well and clearly in this case it looks like it hasn't. 

Anyway, hopefully see plenty Yeds at Spotland in a few weeks time. We have today announced a return of concession tickets, and also for the first time, home and away supporters will be able to access discounted tickets when bought online. Kids go free and  a full stand open and  also the Ratcliffe Bar so hopefully a good turnout and a good old fashioned derby atmosphere!

➡️ https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.com/article/1270/hornets-targeting-flying-finish-in-huge-home-clashes

Edited by HornyHornyHorneeet
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, HornyHornyHorneeet said:

Feel sorry for Littler, board room interference in team matters and dressing rooms rarely ends well and clearly in this case it looks like it hasn't. 

And your basing this on what exactly? We know Littler applied for and was interviewed for the Widnes job and will probably now end up at Swinton. The fact that our form dipped completely just around the time that Kear was sacked would appear the obvious issue. Unless you know something we don't....which is highly doubtful.  

1 hour ago, Roughyed Rats said:

And your basing this on what exactly? We know Littler applied for and was interviewed for the Widnes job and will probably now end up at Swinton. The fact that our form dipped completely just around the time that Kear was sacked would appear the obvious issue. Unless you know something we don't....which is highly doubtful.  

Didn't this also coincide with the new board takeover?

I have no axe to grind but assuming that your interpretation of coincidences is correct whilst rejecting others isn't logical.

I have watched teams coached by Stuart Littler over the years and, whilst having no love for him as a player, he has brought the best out of groups of under-achieving players in the past. He's a decent coach, unworthy of some of the criticism on here, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at any other club, including one just down the road from you.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

32 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I have watched teams coached by Stuart Littler over the years and, whilst having no love for him as a player, he has brought the best out of groups of under-achieving players in the past. He's a decent coach, unworthy of some of the criticism on here, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at any other club, including one just down the road from you.

He does bring players along, Hirst, Paga and Morgan are good examples. But if the team is not performomg a a team then the coach has failed

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Oldham123 said:

Interesting to read what Sam Burgess thought about Mike Ford. I don’t think Littler was the issue at all, there’s been a lot of upset in camp and none of it is down to Littler 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/rugby-union/news/12321/12000461/sam-burgess-mike-ford-used-me-as-a-pawn-during-2015-world-cup

Yeah, because Sam Burgess is a man of fantastic character...

Any other players you can find who've fallen out with Ford in his long coaching career?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, RoughyedsFan_merged said:

Yeah, because Sam Burgess is a man of fantastic character...

Any other players you can find who've fallen out with Ford in his long coaching career?

Andy Goode? Plus half the current team who are now looking at other clubs for next season 

• Haha 1

It is the nature of league one with players signing for one year at a time that they will be looking to next year. It happens every year and most players in most teams will probably be seeing what is out there. Doesn't mean they have asked to leave. Time will tell. 

The other thing is that just as the board want their own man as coach, any new coach will want his own men as players. 

Interesting few weeks ahead.

• Like 1

Something that always amazes me is the private frazer doom mongers out there. To be frank, I'm not too bothered whether Fordy is a megalomaniac, authoritarian or a really nice guy. He's from Oldham, he's experienced, he's put his money on the line. He's given us hope. A hope we've not had since he was last with us. He's now taken the team by the scruff of the neck and hopefully we'll get promotion.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Presumably you have an agenda against Fordy. 

with regards the players looking round, they all do when their contract is coming to an end. 

Honestly, I don’t. I just think the comments about Littler are uncalled for and that there’s more to this story. I think the way that the board have gone about his dismissal is wrong and it could go either way now. Just got to see what happens now I guess 

• Like 1