Cornwall

Derwent Park SC

A message from Callum Linford for those who won’t be in Cornwall this Sunday. 

Following discussion with Cornwall and scanning across RFL clearances I have been able to secure some commentary coverage for the game this weekend on the ' Town fans Home and Away' page.

There will be no visual however just a black screen so please don't think there are any issues with your phone but as part of the RFL rules there can't be any imagery of the game shown live.

With that being said get on to the page around 12:55 for full match commentary.

Massive thanks to Gareth Davies at Cornwall RLFC and BBC Radio Cornwall and also the RFL members at Leeds for their assistance.

The ‘Town home and away’ group has been linked below for anyone who isn’t in it. 

UTT 💙

https://m.facebook.com/groups/940488505962765/?ref=share

• Like 3

It’s ridiculous really, look how much money ifollow makes for lower football league clubs who screen away games to their supporters for a small subscription.

the clubs are filming their games anyway - so why can’t the RFL set up their equivalent of ifollow and allow supporters to follow their own team.

how many on here would be prepared to pay to watch a live stream with commentary of the Cornwall v Town game?

I know we have a very good away following, probably one of the highest in this league but that still leaves 500+ who don’t go to away games who may subscribe to watch it at home.

In this day and age clubs should have the opportunity to tap into every commercial opportunity 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Derwent Park SC said:

Safe travels to everyone making the journey. See you all there.

Be a tough game at their spot not expecting a walk over. As long as we stay injury free and fetch home the two points. #UTT

Cover all bases marra! But yes I agree 🙂 I'll be there with the rest! Seems from what I've heard, 100 Town fans could be there, hope so. UTT!

• Like 2

On 19/07/2023 at 06:58, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

It’s ridiculous really, look how much money ifollow makes for lower football league clubs who screen away games to their supporters for a small subscription.

the clubs are filming their games anyway - so why can’t the RFL set up their equivalent of ifollow and allow supporters to follow their own team.

how many on here would be prepared to pay to watch a live stream with commentary of the Cornwall v Town game?

I know we have a very good away following, probably one of the highest in this league but that still leaves 500+ who don’t go to away games who may subscribe to watch it at home.

In this day and age clubs should have the opportunity to tap into every commercial opportunity 

Not probably one of the highest in our league but a nailed on certainty, you only have to look at travelling support of the 2 top 5 teams  that we have played at home to see that. Top of the league Dewsbury and Oldham brought no more than around 20 fans each. That’s one of the problems in this awful league we are in, at least in the championship some teams have a healthy away following. It will be interesting to see how many Donny and Hunslet bring, 2 teams who are going well at the moment.

• Like 1

You forget last season less than a bus load of fans came with Batley , Halifax ,Sheffield ,York ,London ,and Newcastle . Outside of the Cumbrian Clubs only Fev and Leigh brought any negligable support and a fair few from Bradford attended .As far as the leagus above is concerned , away support certainly for us was poor .Don`t know if any Haven fans can give us an idea what the away support at their ground has been like .

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

You forget last season less than a bus load of fans came with Batley , Halifax ,Sheffield ,York ,London ,and Newcastle . Outside of the Cumbrian Clubs only Fev and Leigh brought any negligable support and a fair few from Bradford attended .As far as the leagus above is concerned , away support certainly for us was poor .Don`t know if any Haven fans can give us an idea what the away support at their ground has been like .

Apart from Bradford and Featherstone very poor . Halifax are still to come and they fetch a few was disappointed with widnes the other week

2 hours ago, donald said:

Apart from Bradford and Featherstone very poor . Halifax are still to come and they fetch a few was disappointed with widnes the other week

This was why I mentioned the ifollow model that lower league football have had for the last few seasons.

away support in RL is poor, even in super league, so the RFL should be looking at working with clubs to get some form of subscription. Services for streaming games to a wider audience 

• Like 1