London away.

spanishknight

6 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Time to get back on the horse again , broncos will be hurting as well after last weeks semi loss to fax so now is a great time to face them and take the 2 points

True G They will be smarting watched highlights and broncos looked like the best side and they lost when warmsley intercepted when broncos had 2 man overlap and ran 90 yards to score match winner

• Like 4

Looking forward to this as I think it'll be a big indicator of where we are as a team and how much we believe in ourselves . London are one of the most underrated teams in the league and after last weekend will be desperate for a win to get themselves up into the playoff mix.

It's a big ask to go and beat them, but Interestingly Halifax in 6th play Sheffield away this weekend and if they get beat and we win then we are only 3 points off the playoffs ourselves. 

I really thought the season was pretty much done after sunday but if we can put that behind us, regroup and get on a bit of a roll who knows what could happen. Win on Sunday and it wouldn't surprise me if this season has some more twists and turns and a few more big games come the end.

We are certainly in a work in progress and in a transition stage but whenever I doubt them and think we don't have a chance they always come out with a brilliant performance and prove me wrong. I'm hoping for that again this Sunday.

• Like 9

Listened to Hendo on Radio York this evening and is still disappointed with the performance and certain individuals from last weekend's game and sounds like he is in a position to make changes for this weekend's trip to London and certainly need a response if we are going to get anything from the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 28/07/2023 at 21:19, Mick the Miller said:

He's not made any changes apart from Santi who was cup tied... 

to be fair theres not many alternatives with the limited players we have

• Like 1

Should be a good indicator of the rest of the season.

Win and there’s a slim chance of playoffs, and should at least be aiming for 8th which all things isn’t bad alongside Challenge Cup QF and the 1664 Semi in Hendo’s first season against a backdrop of injuries. 

Lose and I can see the season petering out, probably enough wins to survive but that’s it. 

Hope we can get the 2 points out and maybe I can make an appearance (in the stands not on the pitch!) soon!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Should be a good indicator of the rest of the season.

Win and there’s a slim chance of playoffs, and should at least be aiming for 8th which all things isn’t bad alongside Challenge Cup QF and the 1664 Semi in Hendo’s first season against a backdrop of injuries. 

Lose and I can see the season petering out, probably enough wins to survive but that’s it. 

Hope we can get the 2 points out and maybe I can make an appearance (in the stands not on the pitch!) soon!

Rugby's not been around for that long, lol

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Think the Knights will end up with 22 points, not enough for the play offs, but well safe.

Looking at the tables and current form I would expect Newcastle and Keighley to go down and the Knights finishing in 8th place, which, as has been said isn’t that bad all things considered, hopefully some fresh faces for next season and retention of of the best of the current squad, although I think it unlikely we will keep Bailey, sadly, I think Super League beckons.

• Like 2

I like bailey but in all honesty i see him as a decent championship player , very rarely does he break a tackle or run through a gap , or is that our players not having the quality to give him the ball at the right time ?

8 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Great win for the Knights 10, 24 away from home.

Great result, not best prep arriving late, pouring rain too, to come down to London and win is immense.

• Like 3

Must go down as the best win of the season having been sat on a coach for six hours and London in good form the knights certainly responded well from last weeks poor performance against Batley.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

I like bailey but in all honesty i see him as a decent championship player , very rarely does he break a tackle or run through a gap , or is that our players not having the quality to give him the ball at the right time ?

Agree with that assessment, but put him in a full time environment and I'm sure he would make it.

But really hope he's still with us next year.

• Like 2

Listened in on the radio today (thanks andy) very good win , always a difficult fixture , safety now virtually guaranteed , playoffs a step too far don,t deserve them in all honesty.

• Like 2