Fri 4th Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v Catalans Dragons KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/23 at 19:30

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

The crowd are revolting 

No Wilderspool though.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I find confidence in sport fascinating. Some players for Wire look shells of themselves. 

They do indeed, and I suspect Gary Chambers knows this is the first thing he needs to address.

Achieving that in a half time team talk is a bit of a push, but who knows...

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Don't rush it. Most enjoyable part if tge evening so far. 

I went to do the washing up, hoping it would take me up to at least the hour mark, only to find my wife had done most of it so I had to go and sit back in front of the TV.

Edited by Just Browny
  • Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

halftime lasts a long time 

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Don't rush it. Most enjoyable part if tge evening so far. 

It is very much like Schrödinger's cat.  As long as it is still half time the match is both won and lost.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Thats appalling refereeing.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

The ref has given permission for this interference. 

For me it's the biggest blight on the game and. It all comes from 6 again as teams know it ain't really a punishment. 

There’s been plenty of messing around at the ruck that hasn’t even had a 6 again tonight. Messy, to say the least.

• Like 1

Just now, Northern Eel said:

There’s been plenty of messing around at the ruck that hasn’t even had a 6 again tonight. Messy, to say the least.

There seems to be an obsession with letting it flow, when it does anything but allow the game to flow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Thats appalling refereeing.

Indeed, had that led to a Wire try, it would have made for a terrific finish.

Wire a bit of a different team this half.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The ref has given permission for this interference. 

For me it's the biggest blight on the game and. It all comes from 6 again as teams know it ain't really a punishment. 

According to one poster on here it has sped the game up.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Where on earth was dufty then.

Running to the short side as the Catalans dummy half passed to the open.

Which doesn't make any sense as Mitchell was playing the ball and the other Catalans play maker (May) was standing on the side the ball went and yet Dufty went the other way.