Halifax Panthers - 1895 Cup final 17:30

Keep The Faith

Halifax have some good backs,fast on the large Wembley pitch.

Our forwards need to really stand up and dominate,if not I fear Woodburn-Hall will run riot.

he's been a revelation since his move into the half backs.

Hope Hooley plays as we look a bit more potent in attack with him.

24-10 to Fax unfortunately. 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

I fancy Fax to win this one...unfortunately i also thought we would win a few weeks ago at The Mount. 😅 It's so hard to predict what Fax will do this season although we have been pretty good in cup competitions. Whatever the outcome one thing that's certain is it will be a fantastic occasion for two great historic Yorkshire clubs and two sets of fans who i'm sure will make the most of the day. See you all down there and enjoy the beer, enjoy the game and enjoy the weekend. 💙 🏉 🤍❗

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, il cattivo said:

Halifax have some good backs,fast on the large Wembley pitch.

Our forwards need to really stand up and dominate,if not I fear Woodburn-Hall will run riot.

he's been a revelation since his move into the half backs.

Hope Hooley plays as we look a bit more potent in attack with him.

24-10 to Fax unfortunately. 

The pitch very much suits us I would imagine although it does sound like it will only be a tiny bit wider than the Shay pitch. We need to play very much like we did against Fev which was keep in the game with their forwards and hope our backs are on form. What is the deal with Hooley now the transfer deadline has passed and the recall rules? Honestly I would rather he played, its best if neither team can haave any excuse and he is very much a part of batley and a player like that deserves a chance to play on the biggest stage.

• Like 2

i believe if Hooley plays then it will have to be a minimum 2 week loan.

that rules him out of the next game Leeds play (Warrington I think).

Now with Leeds loaning Blake Austin to Castleford,and Hooley having a decent game against Leigh,would they want him unavailable for the next game and potentially,heaven forbid, injured after this weekend?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

39 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

The pitch very much suits us I would imagine although it does sound like it will only be a tiny bit wider than the Shay pitch. We need to play very much like we did against Fev which was keep in the game with their forwards and hope our backs are on form. What is the deal with Hooley now the transfer deadline has passed and the recall rules? Honestly I would rather he played, its best if neither team can haave any excuse and he is very much a part of batley and a player like that deserves a chance to play on the biggest stage.

As I understand it , when a championship player signs for a sl club , for 12 months he can go back to his old club , on dual reg to help players make step up 

IMG_0583.JPG

What would luke want to do if given the option. The timing couldn't be worse... I'm sure he had already given backwards to his sisters wedding this weekend for the opportunity to play Wembley with his old mates.

But he has also waited patiently at headingley and now through hook or crook been granted more opportunities.

When do super league sides do championship ones a solid? It's a results based scenario....

Curveball being grix connection!

Either way I couldn't and wouldn't blame luke thinking of his own career progression

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I agree with El Cattivo on all points, have to go with a Fax win, too much pace, that showed us up on Sunday and Grix will hammer the video into his players. As regards Hooley; if he's dr'd then officially he can play but would he trade a Wembley appearance against an injury killing his Leeds season just as it looks as though it might start? 

I hope I'm wrong entirely....I also suspect that the Hooley question will have been settled yesterday between Linners and Rohan Smith.

Edited by phildog
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, phildog said:

I agree with El Cattivo on all points, have to go with a Fax win, too much pace, that showed us up on Sunday and Grix will hammer the video into his players. As regards Hooley; if he's dr'd then officially he can play but would he trade a Wembley appearance against an injury killing his Leeds season just as it looks as though it might start? 

I hope I'm wrong entirely....I also suspect that the Hooley question will have been settled yesterday between Linners and Rohan Smith.

I'm sorry but I cannot remember the source but I have read that Rohan Smith did say that in working out his options against Leigh and ongoing he would bear in mind Hooley and the Wembley trip.  No promises were given but it gave the impression that he might be willing to let Luke play at Wembley.

20 Batley

12 Fax

Is bulldogs doing any other events for the fans do we know? Be good with it being a historic event. Noticed fax have got a lot going on to build the excitement celebration for fans, merch, flags for the game, promo vids.. Biggest moment in history, let’s keep shouting about it ❗

Edited by Bulldogsfan555

3 hours ago, 9' oller said:

What would luke want to do if given the option. The timing couldn't be worse... I'm sure he had already given backwards to his sisters wedding this weekend for the opportunity to play Wembley with his old mates.

But he has also waited patiently at headingley and now through hook or crook been granted more opportunities.

When do super league sides do championship ones a solid? It's a results based scenario....

Curveball being grix connection!

Either way I couldn't and wouldn't blame luke thinking of his own career progression

Just been sent a link to Yorkshire Post article that Rohan Smith confirms that Luke Hooley can play at Wembley.  Thats if he's picked.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos-coach-confirms-luke-hooley-wembley-decision-ahead-of-batley-bulldogs-1895-cup-final-v-halifax-4248393

Edited by colinb
  • Like 1

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

10 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

My friend wrote that note and I can honestly say, shes one of the nicest and warm hearted people you could ever wish to meet. I'm so proud that something has come of it, and what a lovely way to honour those who never got the chance to see their boys at Wembley. 

Edited by BatleyBird
  • Like 2

according to the daily BBC adverts, there are 2 fantastic Wembley finals this Saturday, and ours is not one of them.

It depends which Batley turn up, but i can see Halifax getting their own back this Saturday, if they get on a roll like Bradford did, we might concede quite a few tries.

We have just got to enjoy the day whatever the result , we might not get to Wembley again in my lifetime.

Anyone going for a Beer?, might give the Green Man a call. it should be less than a tenner a pint. lol

• Like 1
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..