Doncaster- Away

SUPERSTUD

Good club Donny. Carl Hall likes to promote a positive image and rightly so. Therefore I believe the Dons players will provide a guard of honour for the Rams players when they enter the field of play in three weeks time. Looking forward to it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Game week so rather than initiating a new thread I thought it would be appropriate to resurrect my original one. Hope you guys don’t mind. I know some of you have recently been caught up in guesstimating what may occur at the club. I have been looking in in with great interest. A quick thought from me. Dewsbury Rams were good for Liam and Liam was good for Dewsbury Rams!

ANYWAY - moooooooving on. To Doncaster. Our lads have worked bloody hard this season and win lose or draw they and all the staff deserve their day in the South Yorkshire sun and we then get back to the club to celebrate. Bank holiday next day so let’s enjoy and go for it. Live for the moment and we will deal with all the rest thereafter.

• Like 5

For me Sunday goes one of 2 ways🤔

1. We turn up after a 3 week rest for our last game together for some players, we put in a dazzling performance befitting our Champions status ,giving the loyal traveling fans a reward for all the traveling done by them, and getting a favourable result with some great open entertaining rugby🤔

Or 

2. Team don't turn up and see the game as merely as just fulfilling a fixture, and concentrating on mad Monday and Dublin, the leaving players just don't want to get an injury for their new clubs, so an attitude of "it doesn't matter" and the fans get the bitter sweet feeling of getting the league Champions Shield and Doncaster lumping 30+ points on us. 

For the vast majority of fans will have only missed the Cornwall game, so a killer performance away is over due🤔

And hopefully it's Sunday 🤔

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RugbyPowelly said:

Probably option 2 but can we blame them. I would 🤣

I don't agree with that

They are under contract, been paid and have one game left, the fans will be travelling at an expense, paying in bringing another expense, so players in your eyes it's acceptable to not try their hardest in bringing home a win?? 

And to be more focused on having a jolly boys end of season p.iss up? 

Yes they have had to make sacrifices this season with lots of travelling to away games, the fans have had to do the same. 

There's 1 game left of a successful season, and that game should be given 100% commitment. 

After Sunday the players can do what they want, drink what they want, travel where they want,go to what they want🤔

But until 5pm Sunday they still owe us that 100% commitment. 

If we're going to merely just turn up halfhearted Sunday and just see out the last game with no intent to beat Doncaster...theyll be a lot of disappointed traveling fans, we get the trophy on Sunday personally I would like to celebrate a win and lifting the shield. 

And not a battering because that will be a bitter/sweet moment

Let's put Doncaster in their place

Below us where they have been all season.. In our shadow 🤔

Edited by coolie
  • Like 3

I’ll suggest the option of two teams for Sunday because Finny will want to select either his best team to try and finish on a high with a win, or give a final run with those who have not played many games (plus some regulars) to see what they can produce. 

Restall; Carr, O’Connor, Greensmith, Whiteley; Sykes, Turner; Beckett, Butterworth, Ronan Dixon; Garside, Graham, Collinson; Day, Ferguson, Davies, Morris, 18th man, Walker

alternatively:

Turner; Gabriel, O’Connor, Davey Dixon, Frewin; Sykes, Littlewood; Coventry, Davies, Ferguson; Summers, Walker, Collinson; Day, Garside, Graham, Morris, 18th man, Restall.

Now’s your chance to put your ideas across.

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

38 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I’ll suggest the option of two teams for Sunday because Finny will want to select either his best team to try and finish on a high with a win, or give a final run with those who have not played many games (plus some regulars) to see what they can produce. 

Restall; Carr, O’Connor, Greensmith, Whiteley; Sykes, Turner; Beckett, Butterworth, Ronan Dixon; Garside, Graham, Collinson; Day, Ferguson, Davies, Morris, 18th man, Walker

alternatively:

Turner; Gabriel, O’Connor, Davey Dixon, Frewin; Sykes, Littlewood; Coventry, Davies, Ferguson; Summers, Walker, Collinson; Day, Garside, Graham, Morris, 18th man, Restall.

Now’s your chance to put your ideas across.

It should be the strongest team

• Like 3

Put out the strongest team available, excluding anyone carrying any sort of knock.

I disagree with the opinions that players will be having some sort of jolly and be less committed. Taking things steady on a RL pitch is the best way to pick up an injury. However, psychologically, it will be difficult for individuals to be at their sharpest when their objective of promotion has been met. I believe that everyone that crosses that whitewash puts every effort into trying for a win, though it just might be that the Doncaster team are even more committed as they truly have something to play for.

I predict that we will have a fairly enjoyable day out but come away with our second loss of the season in the league. I will be very happy if I am wrong about the latter.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Anybody bought their tickets in advance?  just looking now its trying to pop in a designated seat but obviously I wanna be seating with the rest of the other Rams fans.   Is it going to be a case that when you get in you cn sit anywhere?  Any help appreciated.

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Anybody bought their tickets in advance?  just looking now its trying to pop in a designated seat but obviously I wanna be seating with the rest of the other Rams fans.   Is it going to be a case that when you get in you cn sit anywhere?  Any help appreciated.

For the sake of a couple of quid I'm sorting my ticket when I get there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

Always enjoyed the keepmoat... does anyone know if the upstairs bars are open to all ... or just hospitality. They have always been open to all but I note on their ticket site they are charging £5 for a lounge pass!! 

Think everyone will be hot footing it back to Flair Stadium 🤔

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NickD said:

On the web site you have to choose a designated seat but when you print out the ticket it simply says unreserved seat, turnstiles T6-T10.

You shouldn't have a problem Nick (unless I sit next to you, that is!).

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, coolie said:

Think everyone will be hot footing it back to Flair Stadium 🤔

Not me - I don't want to sit in the car park for an hour.

Home for a brew first, then down to the ground later.

• Like 2

Looking forward to the game and us being presented with the cup,even though we’ve had to wait 3 weeks for it. Hopefully the players don’t look at it as a dead rubber with us already securing promotion,the supporters that have travelled up and down the country deserve a performance. For some it will be their last game for the club before they move on to pastures new and we thank them for their efforts this season for getting us back into the championship.

Hope I’m wrong but I think we’ll suffer only our second loss of the season.

Doncaster 22 Rams 16

Fts Carr

Mom Sykes 

Att who knows 

2 hours ago, horbury ram said:

The bars at the club will be open from 6pm, hopefully this will tie in with the trip back from doncaster, the presentation  itself scheduled to begin at 7- 30

Thanks.

I will be driving so don't fancy 90 minutes of sipping orange juice. I will be there for 7.30 though, just in case anyone was getting their hopes up.

I would hope for an outstanding performance to reflect why we finished top of the league and to send Finny off with a great win. Likelihood is that the players will already think that the job is done and see this as a match of no relevance. Doncaster won’t see it that way as they will want to secure third place (2nd spot is unlikely) with their own victory and probably being in form, with two successive 60-0 victories. I don’t mind if we just scrape through.

Doncaster 16-18 Dewsbury 

FTS: Turner

MoM: Garside

Att: 875

Legs, Dews, Legs.