Fri 18th Aug: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils KO 19:45

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/23 at 19:15

On 17/08/2023 at 13:41, meast said:

Haven't caught anything old boy, I was replying anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

Who are this "Shudds" you speak highly of?

MeastyBaby, I'm going to the game tomorrow night, come up and introduce yourself, I'll sit right in the middle of the main stand, I'll be easy to see there's always plenty of space there.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.ย  ย  ย 'Tell him I can't see him'.ย  ย  ย  The late, great Tommy Cooper

5 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Final score.ย  ย  Hudds 8 Salford 32

Schhh...I hear the tumbleweed blowing across Fartown.

Have a great weekend Measty Baby........I will !!!

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.ย  ย  ย 'Tell him I can't see him'.ย  ย  ย  The late, great Tommy Cooper

1 hour ago, meast said:

Not really a surprise, bullied, outplayed, and battered again by a Salford team who were hungrier, quicker and far better on the night.

Well done to Salford.

It's almost become a given now that we lose to them.

ย 

ย 

If you know that then surely even an average coach should prepare for it, it will dawn on you eventually that Watson is not even an average coach, Rowleyball once again skittles Watsons stumps.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If you know that then surely even an average coach should prepare for it, it will dawn on you eventually that Watson is not even an average coach, Rowleyball once again skittles Watsons stumps.

Not to worry, next season will be our season, Recruiting is already well under way, We shall have an even bigger squad and probably still be playing an ageing centre in the back row. I'm not a big Watson fan although i don't say he is completely to blame for our position,

Just my opinion but i don't think he can motivate the players, or at least that is my impression and i also don't think he is the best judge of a player, but most of all i don't like his style of football, but to be fair there are those who are quite happy with him, or are at least happy to give him more time, Fair enough there opinions are as valid as mine. End of the day it's what Mr Davy thinks that counts.

• Like 1

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

On 17/08/2023 at 13:09, daz39 said:

Salford, our bogey team, i always predict a win but i know with this lot it very rarely happens.

Luke Yates returns but we've lost Ash Golding again who will be a big miss.

Anyway we're on form they aren't so i'm going for BoringWhingingWatsonGiants to beat ExcitingamazingWhingingRowleyballReds by 12.

Lolohea to get a big score and blow kisses to the sniffed up lot.

ย 

Ash Golding had a good last week against Saints.ย 

4 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

Not to worry, next season will be our season, Recruiting is already well under way, We shall have an even bigger squad and probably still be playing an ageing centre in the back row. I'm not a big Watson fan although i don't say he is completely to blame for our position,

Just my opinion but i don't think he can motivate the players, or at least that is my impression and i also don't think he is the best judge of a player, but most of all i don't like his style of football, but to be fair there are those who are quite happy with him, or are at least happy to give him more time, Fair enough there opinions are as valid as mine. End of the day it's what Mr Davy thinks that counts.

Mr Davy and Mr Thewlis are the ones that handed him a 5 year deal and the ones who said the will judge his tenure after those 5 years.

Funny how the moaners and those who seem to have a hatred of every coach we have have been absent the last few weeks are now slowly creeping back out.

We always lose to Salford so tonight was hardly a surprise.

That's me done for the season now, good luck with the bumper crowd next Sunday.

Rowley had us completely worked out and proved (once again) to be the far superior coach.

I know an ever diminishing group of 'loyal' supporters can still see a future under Watson.

For me, Robbo in asap, let this nonsense stop right now.ย 

And there we have it, the Salford at home curse strikes again, every bleeding time we play them they seem to be 2 or 3 yards faster, stronger, harder than us, weย  can't even say it's owt to do with Rowley v Watson cos it was the same when Watto coached them, it's almost like they turn into super versions of the players they have been when they enter our field!.

Next year we should ask SL if we can just forfeit Salford at home as the result is going to be the same whichevever way.

We couldn't handle them, they were way too fast for our ageing lads and opeded us up far too easily with quick balls down the sides leaving our pensioners too much time to get across, our basic mistakes didn't help either and as much as our spine, well Ollie Russell tried they could not get the team to spark.

We put the queue on the rack after 55 minutes and it was simply damage limitation after that.

We can blame our 5 day turnaround against their 2 week rest but that's all it is an excuse, we were a shadow of what we've been in recent weeks and that surely is 2023 done and dusted now for us.

Well played, as usual, Salford.

Right i'm off to read the ref bashing stuff on SM now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yonder Province said:

That's me done for the season now, good luck with the bumper crowd next Sunday.

Rowley had us completely worked out and proved (once again) to be the far superior coach.

I know an ever diminishing group of 'loyal' supporters can still see a future under Watson.

For me, Robbo in asap, let this nonsense stop right now.ย 

Out of interest, why would you bring Robbo in asap?

Robbo has been an integral part of the coaching set up for a few years now under various head coaches, all who have failed to satisfy the needs of many Giants fans, a lot of people seem to think changing head coaches every 2/3 years is eventually going to work out, so why would you want an assistant who has been part of that constant road of failure to be the one who can finally deliver success, or whatever it is you want?

Genuine question by the way, I love Robbo but not sure he'd be the right bloke to get a tune out of a Giants squad that are deemed to be failing again.

10 hours ago, meast said:

Mr Davy and Mr Thewlis are the ones that handed him a 5 year deal and the ones who said the will judge his tenure after those 5 years.

Funny how the moaners and those who seem to have a hatred of every coach we have have been absent the last few weeks are now slowly creeping back out.

We always lose to Salford so tonight was hardly a surprise.

I hope you are not including me in your group of moaners meast, I do put my opinions up but they sometimes give credit to Watson as well as the opposite.

The last line of your post seems to sum it up for me, That seems to be the attitude of the whole club, If we keep throwing money at it eventually our turn will come.

My question to you meast is, If it were Wigan, Saints , Wolves, Hull and some others do you honestly believe he would still be there with his record . anyway he's had three of his five now near enough, lets hope next season it starts to come right, they are all his choice of players.

I am just as big a fan as you meast and i want things to work out just as much, from what i have seen so far i just don't think he is the man to do it, I hope i'm wrong mate.

• Like 1

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

7 hours ago, daz39 said:

Next year we should ask SL if we can just forfeit Salford at home as the result is going to be the same whichevever way.

No! I enjoy the trips to Huddersfield.

A much younger Haggis once strode out from the Train station and spied an extremely attractive equally salad dayed fellow travellers. She looked at the Haggis, thought he looks interesting and smiled.

As it happens, a connection was made. I knew straight away, she and me were up to visit the University to be interviewed. Feeling uncharacteristicallyย generous,ย I ordered a taxi and we chatted and chatted. We went into our interviews and to my surprise she waited for me afterwards.

We giddily walked back to the station. We exchanged numbers and I promised to ring her, confident in that the Uni had offered us both places and this was only the start.ย 

Unfortunately I soon lost that telephone number and it continued speeding onwards after I'd got off the train in Manchester. I never saw her again, as I stayed in work and chose to do Uni (smuggly a much grander one) much later in those cabbage green days.ย 

So every time I come to Huddersfield, I am calmly warmed by "what if." I sort of fancy the thought she is there, a matured version in the Giants throng, her son perhaps playing for the claret and gold.

If I was "Clare" ๐Ÿ‘ฉย then I would not panic about the Giants. Even though he is a foolish disciple of Boris, Mr Davy is cute enough to see theย Watson Waveย is a long term project. IW promotes a methodical game plan (not my poison as you know, but) supplemented by dashes of magic.

Unfortunate those magicians are Tui and Connors, who blow cold and hot in equal measures. I just dont understand why Pryce aint there, is he cropped?ย ย 

Meanwhile the equally mercurial Rowley-ball rolls on in its ever unpredictable fashion. Giants looked asleep, Devils appeared active.ย 

Like an orchestra, they spent the first 20 odd minutes, grasping to get in tune, but once they did, they let that music erm speak. Not quite classic Rowley-ball, but there was fine moments.ย 

For a change, the "middles" bossed a much bigger pack, Singleton looked smart as you'd hope, Brierley continues his transformation, whilst Deon Cross enthused why he deserved an enhanced contract with some mighty stats and lastly after weeks of despondency, it seems the team is getting better.ย 

And perhaps unlike "Clare" and myself, the romance carries on.

Solly back in the play offs!?!

Next up Trinity. Bring it on.ย ๐Ÿซฒย ๐Ÿ˜€โœŒ๏ธ

Edited by idrewthehaggis