Sat 26th Aug: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors KO 18:00 (UK Time) (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/23 at 17:30

24 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Annoying that even with the Catalans game this week, Sky are only showing one other game. Shows how their patience might be running out for the sport.

That is the agreement we have, there is no longer a Catalan TV deal as per a few seasons ago, therefore the Catalan game is one of the two Sky regular broadcasts.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

13 minutes ago, Padge said:

That is the agreement we have, there is no longer a Catalan TV deal as per a few seasons ago, therefore the Catalan game is one of the two Sky regular broadcasts.

Catalans got a TV deal with L'Equipe for this year for a limited number of games. This game won't be Sky's cameras, they'll just be simulcasting it.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What's the problem Sam are Saints not being broadcast enough for you?

Saints are never broadcast enough for me. 27 games a year, all CC, womens, reserves, academy, scholarship, PDRL, LDRL and from next year wheelchair please.

That's pretty reasonable right? 😉

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do I take it you are an armchair fan Sam?

Season ticket holder for 7 years (since I've been a fan, originally being from London), plenty of away games including trips to Perpingnan and Toulouse. Been to 3 GF and 2 CCF. Regularly attend womens matches. Went to 8 WC games last year plus the wheelchair final. Welcomed my first son into the world 4 months ago...his first game was at 4 weeks old against Wigan. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Anyone that's in Perpignan the Friday night, there is a free music festival at the Palace of the Kings of Mallorca (the castle) from 6pm

That's well worth a visit even without the added bonus of a music festival.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Season ticket holder for 7 years (since I've been a fan, originally being from London), plenty of away games including trips to Perpingnan and Toulouse. Been to 3 GF and 2 CCF. Regularly attend womens matches. Went to 8 WC games last year plus the wheelchair final. Welcomed my first son into the world 4 months ago...his first game was at 4 weeks old against Wigan. 

I just wondered how you would get the opportunity to leave your living room if your request were to happen

45 minutes ago, Ullman said:

That's well worth a visit even without the added bonus of a music festival.

Aye, and there's a band on I saw at Kendal Calling in 2017, which is a bonus for me tomorrow night 

(sorry a bit off topic)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Wigan will have to beat the weather as well as the Dragons to get the two points here. Can be done but very difficult.

Nah...the met Office say a chilly 25 or 26 degrees C by Saturday afternoon, as south of France temperatures plummet!

• Thanks 1

I know this is slightly off topic, but this seems as good a place as any to point this out.

It was five years ago today that Les Dracs won the challenge cup at Wembley, beating the Wolves 20-14.  I was lucky enough to be there with my mate, Dave from Doncaster.  I was reminded of this when reading the wording on the polo shirt that Catalans subsequently produced to mark the occasion!  (Being a bloke and an Aberdonian, I see nothing wrong in wearing clothing that is about five years old!)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sam4731 said:

Catalans got a TV deal with L'Equipe for this year for a limited number of games. This game won't be Sky's cameras, they'll just be simulcasting it.

I didn't say they had no deal, I said they didn't have the same deal, part of the earlier deal allowed Sky to pick up the feed and show live all Catalan home games, Sky no longer have those rights but as part of their own deal with SL are obliged to show at least two Catalan home games. Therefore the Catalan game is not an extra game added to the SL contract but is being shown as part of the Sky SL contract.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

16 hours ago, sam4731 said:

Don't put yourself through this on your own. Counselling is available.

• Haha 1