PRICES NEXT YEAR

philcow

8 minutes ago, philcow said:

£5.00 increase in one go is hard to take i might have to pick and chose and thats only the championship price lord knows what the super league price will be.

Just saying its a big increase  25%

I think a lot of clubs are going to be doing the same as the hikes in utility prices etc plus the reduced funding (our broadcast funding only covers 5% of our monthly expenditure according to the link below) makes life more difficult for them to sustain the quality of their squads.

I think the early bird season ticket works out at around £18.50 per home game.

Not disagreeing with you that it's a big increase espcially during a cost of living crisis but I'm fairly sure the club will have done their sums and will have increased the prices reluctantly, especially as crowd numbers form part of the IMG points system.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/2024-blue-wall-membership-launch-ZW3JK/

Early bird prices are ok but some supporters won't be able to pay in one lump.If they can do 6 monthly  direct  debits that would help.I am one of those weaithy pensioners that are bleeding the country dry with the triple lock increase.No one mentions we have the next to lowest pensions in Europe.So i will get an early bird membership although if we are in SL i will miss most games not on Sunday.Saying they have not increased prices is not right they were increased for the 2022 season because i was against it because i could see peoples budgets being stretched.

The Grinder put up a thread last year detailing cost-per-game season ticket prices over the last 5 years, reproduced below.

2018:  £18.18 (11 games)

2019:  £15.38 (13 games)

2020:  £17.30 (13 games)

2021:   £18:18 (11 games)

2022:  £18:46 (13 games)

£240 for the early bird season ticket is the same per game as 2022 which would seem to be good value given the rate of inflation in recent years.

34 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The Grinder put up a thread last year detailing cost-per-game season ticket prices over the last 5 years, reproduced below.

2018:  £18.18 (11 games)

2019:  £15.38 (13 games)

2020:  £17.30 (13 games)

2021:   £18:18 (11 games)

2022:  £18:46 (13 games)

£240 for the early bird season ticket is the same per game as 2022 which would seem to be good value given the rate of inflation in recent years.

Last years early bird season ticket was £175, which worked out at 13.46 for 13 matches.

So like for like comparison with the above

Championship - £270 (13 games) - £20.77

SL - £300 (13 games) - £23.08

If you go to all games, it is a £2.31 increase for champ, or a £4.62 for SL.

Edited by bigbaldnmad

I buy a season ticket every year even though I know that with family and work commitments I won’t be able to get to all the games. I also pay much more into the squad builder than the amount asked for. I guess I’m lucky that I can but. It’s my way of trying to support the club. I think the point that I’m making is that we all have that passion for Fev and do whatever we can to demonstrate that. I don’t know think this increase will put us diehards off. The challenge for the club is to find 500 new people who’ll come through the gate. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Early bird offer only on for 3 weeks

Do club need to get some cash into club quickly? Is there a cash flow problem?

Not many home games at the back end of the season, so could be a factor.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Phil Briscoe said:

I buy a season ticket every year even though I know that with family and work commitments I won’t be able to get to all the games. I also pay much more into the squad builder than the amount asked for. I guess I’m lucky that I can but. It’s my way of trying to support the club. I think the point that I’m making is that we all have that passion for Fev and do whatever we can to demonstrate that. I don’t know think this increase will put us diehards off. The challenge for the club is to find 500 new people who’ll come through the gate. 

So do I. Have supported since 1938. I do the best support wise I can. The club should look at every source of income it can be a part of. Use the facilities and expertise to their greatest advantage . Think wider in respect of income

16 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

To be fair I think most clubs will have no choice but to raise prices next season or they will have to operate on a much lower playing budget unless they have a sugar daddy.

Batley  cut their prices to £10 this season and have managed to maintain a good team.1895 cup final narrow defeat and well set for a play off spot.It won't matter next season because the top division will be a closed shop again with no relegation next year and probably two teams from Championship allowed in to make 14.

55 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Spacing doesn't help. Sunday's game will be only the second home game in 7 weeks, and from then to the play offs it's 2 in 9.

That's because we swopped Newcastle home games.

6 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Batley  cut their prices to £10 this season and have managed to maintain a good team.

What Batley do is irrelevant to us, they famously build their team with one of the lowest budgets in the league so their gate receipts and other income wouldn't need to add remotely as much to their central funding budget as ours would.

Additionally, they only started the £10 entry this year (and they said it was partly funded by sponsorship), and their team was already assembled before the initiative was announced in January. They don't seem to have published many crowds this season but I somehow doubt they have seen a surge in attendances, that's not knocking them, it's been a bold initiative, but I doubt it has been much help financially.

Craig Lingard has expressed frustration at his team's inability to bring in players to add to a squad that has clearly been struggling for numbers with players having to play despite being banged up. Batley are just about the only play-off contenders who haven't really brought any mid-season signings in. It will be interesting to see if they continue the £10 entrance fee next season.

• Like 3

You know they won't continue it next season it was a one off because in a  deprived area people were struggling.And it was a bid to help them in the economic climate.Nowt wrong with our prices for SL if we are in  And the early bird prices are fine for those supporters who can afford it. But the prices are too much for Championship games with no promotion.After this season if we are still in the Championship we will have to increase attendances to get IMG points putting prices up may see a drop off of people going to games with nothing at stake promotion wise.

39 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

You know they won't continue it next season it was a one off because in a  deprived area people were struggling.And it was a bid to help them in the economic climate.Nowt wrong with our prices for SL if we are in  And the early bird prices are fine for those supporters who can afford it. But the prices are too much for Championship games with no promotion.After this season if we are still in the Championship we will have to increase attendances to get IMG points putting prices up may see a drop off of people going to games with nothing at stake promotion wise.

Who is going to pay £25 for what is really a set of friendlies if we are still in the Championship?

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Yes it is because it is no longer free for juniors & its been free for donkeys years

Yeah i know what you're saying but when you see the prices at football,cinema and some other things imo it isn't bad. But the club have to run a business and like you say its been free for donkeys years and times have changed sadly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

.Nowt wrong with our prices for SL if we are in  And the early bird prices are fine for those supporters who can afford it. But the prices are too much for Championship games with no promotion.After this season if we are still in the Championship we will have to increase attendances to get IMG points putting prices up may see a drop off of people going to games with nothing at stake promotion wise.

Agree with most of that. Am sure it's difficult for the club, it's a balancing act between trying to find prices that are both affordable and which will enable the club to try and retain the quality in the squad that we have been accustomed to.