Next season

Town utd

3 hours ago, Onreport said:

Need a good attacking centre and controlling scrum half for me

We've lost a lot of games by other teams having an old head to control games. Buffer is an old head but doesn't really take control. I agree, unless Max steps up we need two centres. Has Eccleston been signed to replace Sean? 

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

We've lost a lot of games by other teams having an old head to control games. Buffer is an old head but doesn't really take control. I agree, unless Max steps up we need two centres. Has Eccleston been signed to replace Sean? 

I might be wrong, but was Sunday not the first time Max has played centre this year? I thought he looked good and timed a couple of passes perfectly to release Sabutey, something that we haven’t been able to do much this season. I’d like to see how he could develop there. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, IanMac said:

I might be wrong, but was Sunday not the first time Max has played centre this year? I thought he looked good and timed a couple of passes perfectly to release Sabutey, something that we haven’t been able to do much this season. I’d like to see how he could develop there. 

Missed a lot of tackles unfortunately

11 hours ago, Onreport said:

Missed a lot of tackles unfortunately

Yes I realise that, but I just think it’s worth investing in somebody who looks as though he might have something. He had a nightmare of a game on the wing earlier in the season but does look more at home in the centre and hopefully can improve defensively. 

• Like 1

I'm not to worried about next season's squad as Mr Murdock and Muzzy have had a full season to access the current team and what weak links need addressed.

Whether they can get the players in on the finances available is another matter taking into account Town (and Haven) probably have to pay at least 25% more in contract fees than our Lancs and Yorks rivals to get them to travel up the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if we dipped our toe into the overseas market again, be that France or New Zealand or Auz - the issue will be what happens with the league structure below Superleague. If the Skolars pull out then it really isn't feasible to run League 1 in it's current format and the RFL will have some decisions to make.

I was told that the club have cleared all the debt hanging over from last season and are now in the healthiest position they have been in for years, the links with the Reds Ladies and further developing the outside fan zone can only further strengthen our financial pot to mount a serious challenge next season.

I know there's loads of fans on hear that want us to go up this year via the play-offs, but I can't help but feel that would undo all the good work of this year and we need another season to strengthen the squad as well as work on getting the attendance up to the magical average of 1000 paying adults per game

We are getting there, we just need a little more patience  

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I'm not to worried about next season's squad as Mr Murdock and Muzzy have had a full season to access the current team and what weak links need addressed.

Whether they can get the players in on the finances available is another matter taking into account Town (and Haven) probably have to pay at least 25% more in contract fees than our Lancs and Yorks rivals to get them to travel up the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if we dipped our toe into the overseas market again, be that France or New Zealand or Auz - the issue will be what happens with the league structure below Superleague. If the Skolars pull out then it really isn't feasible to run League 1 in it's current format and the RFL will have some decisions to make.

I was told that the club have cleared all the debt hanging over from last season and are now in the healthiest position they have been in for years, the links with the Reds Ladies and further developing the outside fan zone can only further strengthen our financial pot to mount a serious challenge next season.

I know there's loads of fans on hear that want us to go up this year via the play-offs, but I can't help but feel that would undo all the good work of this year and we need another season to strengthen the squad as well as work on getting the attendance up to the magical average of 1000 paying adults per game

We are getting there, we just need a little more patience  

I agree with your comments regarding overseas players and could prove more cost effective than travellers from Lanc’s and York’s, however is anyone looking into RU players in the Scottish Borders, we have had some crackers over the years, Harry Whittaker, Glen Turnbull, Brian Lauder, Alan Tait senior, a great untapped pool with players of potential, just a thought.

🔵⚪

Edited by bobg
  • Like 2

On 30/08/2023 at 21:34, IanMac said:

Yeah he played centre at Barrow in pre season as well which was a tough first game for him. Hopefully he can kick on next year when his work/training balance is more settled. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobg said:

I agree with your comments regarding overseas players and could prove more cost effective than travellers from Lanc’s and York’s, however is anyone looking into RU players in the Scottish Borders, we have had some crackers over the years, Harry Whittaker, Glen Turnbull, Brian Lauder, Alan Tait senior, a great untapped pool with players of potential, just a thought.

🔵⚪

Probably find the Scottish Border players are on better money than our players are .

• Like 1

2 Teams from top 4 will be in division 1 next season (with Oldham probably favourites, if they don't go up this season) plus the 2 sides getting relegated will make this league even harder to get out of.  Hence some serious strengthening will be required - I would like to see some decent imports signed rather than the usual merry go round journeymen. 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2023 at 13:23, homeandawayer said:

I was told he'd signed for Haven but they maybe meant on loan.

Yeah it’s just been the loan where he’s still hardly played 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white