Next season

Town utd

1 hour ago, Nero said:

It seems we're the only team who rates Holroyd, he's been out of favour at Widnes since he signed almost two years ago, Whitehaven have got him on loan & he still can't get a game???

Played OK against Halifax with Dixon bk in centres jonty preferred Eccleston and teare on the wings

1 hour ago, Nero said:

It seems we're the only team who rates Holroyd, he's been out of favour at Widnes since he signed almost two years ago, Whitehaven have got him on loan & he still can't get a game???

Good , we’ll have him then . And maybe we’re good for him to , he did best here by far 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Yes it seems in Rugby League at the moment players are signed as cover as opposed to actually wanting the player as first choice . Must be frustrating for the players but equally for the fans who rate the player when He hardly ever gets a game .

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Looks like London Skolars are a non runner next season. Interesting off season ahead

That is a great shame, Skolars have been going for a long time, A 9 team league will just not work, just wait the RFL will introduce loop fixtures as they don’t have any imagination or desire to move the championship and League 1 forward.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobg said:

That is a great shame, Skolars have been going for a long time, A 9 team league will just not work, just wait the RFL will introduce loop fixtures as they don’t have any imagination or desire to move the championship and League 1 forward.

I suspect youre right Bob and if there is one thing the sport needs to get away from its loop fixtures

• Like 2

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

57 minutes ago, town blue said:

Unfortunately like this country rugby league in the lower divisions is broken. May be its time the championship clubs threatened to go it alone, separate from the super league and start a new league. How about playing in winter again with a break about Christmas time?

This is the best option for me, they should not be able to decide if your club survives or not just because your teams on a low.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Really pleased with the JJ signing, he was one of the highlights of the season for me, hope for an injury free 2024 for the lad and the skys the limit 👍

• Like 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 15/09/2023 at 17:09, DavidM said:

Course it is . It’s a no brainer . But the RFL don’t care less about league 1 so it’ll just limp on 

The games just been mismanaged to a staggering degree. Go back a decade Cumbria had three development officers and a referees development officer and in addition Marnie Jacksons great work. That money dried up and now we have none of the above. The lack of progress at the top of the game and the inability to generate money from international rugby has had a trickle down effect and now clubs such as Town are being expected to survive on peanuts from the RFL. 

One big league below super league would be the ideal solution which no doubt means it wont happen

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

1 hour ago, gillmeister said:

The games just been mismanaged to a staggering degree. Go back a decade Cumbria had three development officers and a referees development officer and in addition Marnie Jacksons great work. That money dried up and now we have none of the above. The lack of progress at the top of the game and the inability to generate money from international rugby has had a trickle down effect and now clubs such as Town are being expected to survive on peanuts from the RFL. 

One big league below super league would be the ideal solution which no doubt means it wont happen

100% agree Peter, on all your points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gillmeister said:

unfortunately its a case of 'lions led by sheep'. I have zero confidence in anything the RFL run - absolute shambles the lot of them !!

If the RFL have limited resources they should be working with clubs and leagues to help them develop their own programme, which includes part financing a development officer out of the community game player registration tax, you know the one where the RFL charge for a service which was previously provided free of charge by BARLA and came with promises to give the community game a load of benefits !!

Absolute shower of s*i*e the lot of them !

I'm sure we are all of the same opinion on here in that the league one clubs will put forward their proposals, the RFL will ignore them and roll out a pointless round of extra fixtures, which no doubt will see Town and Newcastle travelling to Cornwall for the extra fixture and our home loop game will be against Midland Hurrricanes who will fetch a car full of supporters - absolute cloons !!

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

unfortunately its a case of 'lions led by sheep'. I have zero confidence in anything the RFL run - absolute shambles the lot of them !!

If the RFL have limited resources they should be working with clubs and leagues to help them develop their own programme, which includes part financing a development officer out of the community game player registration tax, you know the one where the RFL charge for a service which was previously provided free of charge by BARLA and came with promises to give the community game a load of benefits !!

Absolute shower of s*i*e the lot of them !

I'm sure we are all of the same opinion on here in that the league one clubs will put forward their proposals, the RFL will ignore them and roll out a pointless round of extra fixtures, which no doubt will see Town and Newcastle travelling to Cornwall for the extra fixture and our home loop game will be against Midland Hurrricanes who will fetch a car full of supporters - absolute cloons !!

Even if the RFL had limited resources - they would give it to SL - instead of those who need it!

I too unfortunately have zero confidence in anything the RFL run - absolute shambles the lot of them !!

To avoid the unfairness of who plays who and who has worst travel fixtures etc???

Me personally I would play the other 8 home and away twice. Get some money in.

L1 teams dont get more than 1 CC game[usually] and scrap the playoffs  2 up 2 down and no L1 player plays in internationals [usually]

So 32 games is no worse than 70s/80s - 16 home games would be great-  Get some money in.

To use Saints as an example

26 league games, MW plus WCC thats 28 plus CC and play offs will end up more than 32  - They might not need that many because they get a good CF not just 15k.