Sunday vs Whitehaven

Keep The Faith

I thought we looked conformable 1st half but still had little incisiveness, we're playing basically with 1 halfback and once firstly Brown then Kibula went off we had no go forward, they kept Wardy under control, Lucas didn't seem to get a head of steam up. I thought we were much better going uphill, more line breaks and if a centre or winger had followed Leaky 6 points were on the board. It's a start, an upward stride but York will be full of it after 2 good wins and with Browny looking bad it's another mountain to climb.

3 hours ago, phildog said:

I thought we looked conformable 1st half but still had little incisiveness, we're playing basically with 1 halfback and once firstly Brown then Kibula went off we had no go forward, they kept Wardy under control, Lucas didn't seem to get a head of steam up. I thought we were much better going uphill, more line breaks and if a centre or winger had followed Leaky 6 points were on the board. It's a start, an upward stride but York will be full of it after 2 good wins and with Browny looking bad it's another mountain to climb.

We did have a go forward we just didn’t seem to have the cutting edge until we changed our kicking game which 2 tries came from 

Ward gledhill blake along with Walshaw and manu took us forward allowed us to play 

• Like 2

Very workmanlike yesterday, back to our usual style. In control for the full eighty, which surprised me as I thought Haven would have offered more than they did! Towards the end you could see the frustration on some of Havens key men, as they were arguing with each other. Good result for us but it has come and a welcome 2 points but at a cost with Browny and Kibula both injured and perhaps a citation for Flynn for that unnecessary tackle and sin bin. Not sure about Reilly's injury, so a possibility that we could be without 4 hard yard grafters for York! We certainly would be light in the middles if that were the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BullyXL said:

Very workmanlike yesterday, back to our usual style. In control for the full eighty, which surprised me as I thought Haven would have offered more than they did! Towards the end you could see the frustration on some of Havens key men, as they were arguing with each other. Good result for us but it has come and a welcome 2 points but at a cost with Browny and Kibula both injured and perhaps a citation for Flynn for that unnecessary tackle and sin bin. Not sure about Reilly's injury, so a possibility that we could be without 4 hard yard grafters for York! We certainly would be light in the middles if that were the case.

A very tough game next Monday,  considering the potential absentees and the form that York are in,  just hope the boys go there with the belief that they can do the business. 

Thought we controlled the game well and did what we had to do to get the win! but for me we are  still not doing enough in attack to score points despite having most off the play in the oppositions side of the field which has been a problem all season and could prove crucial in the final top 6 positions, I'm sure many were relieved when we got the second try bang on half time especially with the amount of possession we had! You can see Meadows is always trying to work something on attack and is a real live wire I'm not sure if all the boys know what he's planning on doing at times so must be difficult to read, also I noted his tackling he gets thru a lot work there too! Thought Morton was a real game winner yesterday always does a job for us especially when he's carrying the ball, thought his first try was fantastic how he gets up so high for a short guy is amazing! We all know its going to be tough at york next week a win is a must with 7 teams fighting for 6 places with 2 to go! But hopefully the boys are a bit more confident now they have the losing monkey off their back! Well done boys! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 3

Now that Halifax have beaten Toulouse, the rest is simple, we have to win both games, they're unlikely to slip up in their last 2. Did anyone get the gen on Browny? Didn't realise Samy had got injured, didn't he come back on later on? Flynny should be available as Championship stuff doesn't usually get heard the same week and a referral to tribunal adds more time. Why didn't Reilly play and if necessary has Hirst retired already or at season end? Could always play GregJ as a forward....

13 hours ago, LINNERS said:

A very tough game next Monday,  considering the potential absentees and the form that York are in,  just hope the boys go there with the belief that they can do the business. 

York can only beat you in thick mud. You have the Indian sign over them. Their last effort in the 1895 semi-final was abysmal.

7 hours ago, HolmeKnight said:

York can only beat you in thick mud. You have the Indian sign over them. Their last effort in the 1895 semi-final was abysmal.

We can all have an off day , unfortunately we've had a fair few this season 😉

15 hours ago, phildog said:

Now that Halifax have beaten Toulouse, the rest is simple, we have to win both games, they're unlikely to slip up in their last 2. Did anyone get the gen on Browny? Didn't realise Samy had got injured, didn't he come back on later on? Flynny should be available as Championship stuff doesn't usually get heard the same week and a referral to tribunal adds more time. Why didn't Reilly play and if necessary has Hirst retired already or at season end? Could always play GregJ as a forward....

Browny did his ankle ligament so definitely out kibula looked in a lot of pain could be a busted rib didn't look good when I saw him in the car park after the game, think reilly just had a little niggle and wasn't risked could be back for york! Regards Dr reaper! 😂

• Thanks 1