The NRL Finals - Week 1 Thread

No mugs in these line ups.

For a change what I will do is make the case in each game for the visiting side - see if you agree.

Brisbane Broncos v Melbourne Storm

• Brisbane under pressure playing at home
  • Melbourne side will line up with Meaney, Munster, Hughes, Grant and Papenhuyzen either on the park or the bench
  • Melbourne are experienced in winning finals football - Brisbane less so
  • Melbourne won the reserve grade game last week - Maybe a little Psychological edge

Penrith Panthers v New Zealand Warriors

• Panthers not so dominant this season without Kikau and Koroisau
  • Paramatta have the secret sauce against the Penny Panthers, a Blueprint for others, suich as thev Warriors, to follow.
  • The Warriors can play islander off the cuff football
  • Shaun Johnson's absence means other members of the side will step up.

Cronulla Sharks v Sydney Roosters

• Problems for Sharkies at Full Back with Connor TRracey or William Kennedy both with fitness issues whoever plays
  • Roosters have Sam Walker playing and he makes a difference to the side.
  • Roosters like Melbourne are used to winning in finals footy less so the Sharkies
  • JWH is not playing for the Roosters so if Victor the Inflictor Radley stays disciplined they should at least play the 80 minutes with 13 men on the park.

Newcastle Knights v Canberra Raiders

• Newcastle on a nine game winning streak, I do not care how good a side you are that's gonna snap sometime and now there are no comebacks
  • The Knights are so heavily tipped, Rickeys Raiders can play secure in the knowledge no one expects them to win.
  • Canbera Raiders are the people's team you know that surely.... And there will not be a dry eye in the house when Jarroid Croker bangs over the winning conversion from the sideline.
  • Post game a victory ensures that a Ricky Stuart press conference will not be "Parental Advisory"....

Good luck with your tips.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Few in this Brisbane side know what it's like to beat the Storm, let alone nil them.

One of the greatest turnarounds in form I've ever seen, when you remember how absolutely rotten they were only a couple of seasons ago.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Few in this Brisbane side know what it's like to beat the Storm, let alone nil them.

One of the greatest turnarounds in form I've ever seen, when you remember how absolutely rotten they were only a couple of seasons ago.

What do you put the improvement down to? Has Kevvie improved or have the players just matured? Mind, Walsh had had a bit of an impact