Club fined by RFL

gazza77

8 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

It probably is you know. There’s been too many instances of grubby behaviour from Fev “fans”, players and even those in charge in recent years for it to be acceptable. Every club has their fair share of idiots but not every club has had so many episodes of such idiotic behaviour, all those Covid breaches swept under the carpet, scrapping against Widnes fans outside the ground, that awful going on with the Halifax fan, criminal damage in the car park, GBH, racial abuse at games, multiple fines from the RFL, homophobic insults against referees on this very forum. And that’s just off the top of my head. 

Your club needs to do more and stop with the victim mentality and “everyone hates us but we don’t care” attitude. All that does is fuel the idiots in my opinion. 

I agree with what you say. Not nice to hear, but it’s true.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

Seems to me that there is a scheme to stop us getting promoted.

Nonsense. I agree with Simon's point that it's the victim "no one likes us" mentality that makes people think it's acceptable to "rebel" for want of a better word. It's not acceptable, it happens too regularly and it needs to be stamped out.

There's no RFL conspiracy, we've been found guilty based on the evidence provided. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Seems to me that there is a scheme to stop us getting promoted.

And this is exactly what I’m on about. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

38 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

And this is exactly what I’m on about. 

To be fair, this isn’t a view held by the majority of people on this forum. Anyway, there’s not much else to be gained from talking about this. We can only hope that the club sort this issue out and root out these idiots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

To be fair, this isn’t a view held by the majority of people on this forum. Anyway, there’s not much else to be gained from talking about this. We can only hope that the club sort this issue out and root out these idiots.

They are trying to by banning those they know, asked/ warned supporters but a MINORITY insist on blacking our name further. It doesn't make sense to me.

A very small number of our so called fans regularly cause trouble and our chairman has been charged with taking an hammer to someone which seems to be supported by evidence. There’s possibly enough there to stop us going up if the conspiracy theorists are right and the powers that be don’t want us in SL. 

2 hours ago, Squidward said:

What's the Korma song? Is it a bit like the Vindaloo one but milder?

Seriously I have no idea.  I googled it but still none the wiser.  I keep saying this but I am genuinely totally oblivious to things that apparently are going off each week.  I just turn up to the game - enjoy it (usually) and have a catch up with my mates.  Some supporters really need to try it. 

On Sunday I made the mistake of switching ends and ended up sitting way too close to the Widnes fans.  Many any these were constantly chanting obscene things about Fev, Yorkshire and even Percy the Pit Pony (Yes really).  On their way out a couple of the younger lads were gesturing and trying to pick a fight with any Fev fans they could.  We just ignore it - it happens and always will.

Do other fans ignore our small minority of idiots - of course not - because they already don't like us and lets not pretend otherwise.

Edited by RobLambert
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, eltel said:

Why does Rovers website make the headline Supporter behaviour let’s call a spade a spade i.e. the headline should read  Delinquent behaviour 

I think naming it anything other than "Supporter behaviour" lessens the severity. These people are Featherstone supporters whether we like it or not. The club needs to continue taking steps to eradicate it.