What a pity Sam Tomkins has decided to retire. He is still in great form.

Great player still as has pretty much been said on here and agree he's still looking good. To be fair I wonder how his body's feeling in the mornings and how much effort leading up to matches it's taking to get up to that level. I suppose it's one thing being able to do it for another season but to try to keep going knowing your body's on the slide somewhat must be different mentally.

• Like 3

He has to consider that there's a whole new life after sport, and whether he wants to be normally mobile for the remaining decades.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He's really likeable and engaging as a pundit. I am looking forward to seeing him develop there.

Plus, he is a figure that cuts through to a certain extent to general sporting fans. He's not quite an Offiah, but it is important that British RL has pundits who attract and appeal to the non-diehard TV viewer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

He has to consider that there's a whole new life after sport, and whether he wants to be normally mobile for the remaining decades.

Which to be fair he won’t be anyway very few players with that number of games are. 

11 hours ago, Futtocks said:

agreed -at this point  he's about ready  to join the England rugby union squad

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I though that he wanted to have a place at the Catalans after his playing days - there is a place for the Scots fellow who is moving on. Tomkins could do any development around the club I reckon

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

10 minutes ago, audois said:

I though that he wanted to have a place at the Catalans after his playing days - there is a place for the Scots fellow who is moving on. Tomkins could do any development around the club I reckon

Yeah, I am also under the impression that he was going to stay in the Catalans region, he always mentions how settled his children, and family are down there. Can't imagine wanting to uproot and bring them all back unless there is something specific here. 

Catalans would be stupid if they weren't already getting him qualified as a coach, and working with the team in a wider role - if he wasn't already.