RogerT

1 hour ago, bromleybulldog said:

A little bit worrying that there has been no update on this. Bad news?

A very lot worrying and as been since central funding as been lowering year upon year, so very bad news.

Anybody who saw the YouTube bit of pre-season meeting will have seen certain faces as yet unannounced us about 3 faces coming down the steps which weren't familiar....

9 hours ago, phildog said:

Anybody who saw the YouTube bit of pre-season meeting will have seen certain faces as yet unannounced us about 3 faces coming down the steps which weren't familiar....

Just seen the video. One of the lads is Joe Gibbons, we had him on loan at Cougars from Rhinos last season. Good player. Played back row for us but think he can play 13 as well. I think he's the son of Dave Gibbons, but could be wrong on that one. 

So as yet we have only 16 players announced why the club not announcing more signings ?? Having looked at the ones we have announced were the trys coming from we have one recognised winger and 3 centres as meadows and Hodgson have departed and they scored or created most of our trys last season

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

Just looked at stats for last season we have lost 4 players who scored 51 or the 122 trys we scored last season .is no.oneelse slightly worried were those 51 trys are going to come from next season .

come on , chin up pal , the replacements will just fill their boots

• Like 1

Isn't it obvious kev going even cheaper by relying upon a dual reg predicament 

• Like 1

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Thank you again Toffee for making my points AND taking my flak! 36 days til Christmas, no strip or season tickets (and it's 3 months since I saw a prospective strip mock-up). It seems we're happy to be at arris end of signings, strip and tickets all the time whilst knowing that supporters (more than you and me Toffee although they won't back us!) are saying it.

Yes they are but they don't keep harping on about it, they have different ways of making their point as I have done and backed you up now and again.

• Like 2

At this rate relying on duel reg to keep us in this league could be the be either the smartest if it works or stupidest if we're relegated.  As yet we know of 16 players in our core group and the silence is deafening on the recruitment front . Everyone knew squad needed a revamp of new younger players. Instead we lost 5 players who scored almost half our trys last season this I find very concerning  were are the trys going to cone from to replace them is my question 

11 hours ago, phildog said:

Thank you again Toffee for making my points AND taking my flak! 36 days til Christmas, no strip or season tickets (and it's 3 months since I saw a prospective strip mock-up). It seems we're happy to be at arris end of signings, strip and tickets all the time whilst knowing that supporters (more than you and me Toffee although they won't back us!) are saying it.

I totally agree with you on the tickets and strip, if possible they should be available well before Christmas to maximise gift buying etc. 

Making the same point endlessly on new signings, however, is boring and completely pointless. We've seen that there are additions to the squad with our own eyes. Just be patient, when they are announced makes zero difference. They are in training and will be ready when the season starts, that's literally all that matters. 

• Like 2

With how many players that are own isn't that relevant not boring . We don't know anything just guessing. We don't know how big our squad is . Quick to share the fact we're 300l00 down but  no info on the playing squad I point this out as we're the excitement and can't wait for the season to start  there is none as we don't have anything to get excited about 2 years ago lost our two key playmakers massive loss. Meadows stepped up Hodgson too now there gone too left this is the point I'm trying to make who gonna replace them 

I would understand that . My point is at present we have one winger 3 centres of which are ok but nothing to the level Hodgson was. We now lost Jimmy who was our most creative player . With no news on replacements . No information of dual reg either. My point is yes trust the board to make us a competitive squad but how can you not inform the fan base of what's happening in regards to recruitment when we at present have only 16 players to actually.pick from in 36 days that have been officially announced 

I still can't see the point of fans saying all will come well beginning start of season. There is nothing to shout about from the rooftops though. Bet Doncaster   and Oldham fans are rushing out to get their season tickets and shirts due to the excitement of seeing the squads they have assembled. Phildog has mentioned ways of trying to re- coup some monies to help with our debt e.g  prize Christmas draw  but nothing at all from the club. No excuses at all from now on, hols over with, squad back in training let's see what happens. Shoot me down if you want, but right now this is how I feel  and I know other fans do.

Edited by Dog forever
Adding more txt
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Shirts might be down to waiting on new sponsors etc can’t be helped 

Club have an event on before Xmas with glen Tomlinson, maybe try and sell it out and support the club that way 

This all well and good KTF, but there

Just doesn't seem to be any eagerness to raise funds by those who are in charge. If my business was £30,000 in debt I would be doing everything within my means to raise my income .

On 20/11/2023 at 13:36, toffeedog said:

I would understand that . My point is at present we have one winger 3 centres of which are ok but nothing to the level Hodgson was. We now lost Jimmy who was our most creative player . With no news on replacements . No information of dual reg either. My point is yes trust the board to make us a competitive squad but how can you not inform the fan base of what's happening in regards to recruitment when we at present have only 16 players to actually.pick from in 36 days that have been officially announced 

When does the league season start?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

When does the league season start?

Fixtures out 3rd DEC B but last year started on weekend 4th/5th FEB so with the first round of group fixtures in the 1895 Cup  on the weekend of January 27-28. would have thought it would be around the same time next year

• Like 1

Moan moan moan! That's all it is on here at the moment! None of us know what the situation is at Oldham or Doncaster or any other team at the moment with there backing or sponsorship so leave them to there own devices , I'm sure kev and the board are doing what they think is best for the club and I'm also sure come the beginning of the season we will have a team ready to go  how ever it looks! Kev never spends money he hasn't got and never announces what's happening until he's sure everything is in place! It's been the same for the last 25yrs! And seeing as tho central funding has been reduced by £45k I guess it's going to be a tough year all round for everyone involved with the club! So give it a rest until we do know what's happening!! 

• Like 4