RogerT

14 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Who's Bolu.

Fagborun.

Signed a few years ago,after scoring regularly when playing against us.

In time honoured fashion,once he had a Batley shirt on,he was spectacularly 💩

• Haha 1

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Bounce bolu. Not side step but bounce.

Gave awesome centre style passes to Wing. Except bolu played wing

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that with less than 2 weeks to go to our first pre season game we still have only 18 players signed on plus two trialists. This Castleford DR deal had better be a good one, eh? And not just a series of unfit players we are getting match fit for Castleford, untried juniors we are giving match experience to or unmotivated players who have fallen out of favour at Cas and are expected to refind their motivation at a Championship club. What could go wrong? Am I the only one (apart from Phil, of course) who is getting extremely worried? Even Kevin looked depressed and lacking his usual positivity in the video of the super6 last night. Next season could be a very long and worrying season at this rate.

On 14/12/2023 at 14:07, bromleybulldog said:

Just a reminder that with less than 2 weeks to go to our first pre season game we still have only 18 players signed on plus two trialists. This Castleford DR deal had better be a good one, eh? And not just a series of unfit players we are getting match fit for Castleford, untried juniors we are giving match experience to or unmotivated players who have fallen out of favour at Cas and are expected to refind their motivation at a Championship club. What could go wrong? Am I the only one (apart from Phil, of course) who is getting extremely worried? Even Kevin looked depressed and lacking his usual positivity in the video of the super6 last night. Next season could be a very long and worrying season at this rate.

Fev have only got 18 signed too, including a couple who have never played first grade rugby league. Still about 7 weeks to the first 1895 Cup games and 3 months to the start of the league season. It'll be reight.

• Like 4

Suggested today that Bulls are approaching Giants for a LOAN agreement for Aiden McGowan. Have we not asked? I know it was suggested that Giants had put a fee on him but that obviously hasn't come to aught.

Old news that I read it at 20.00hrs yesterday, and yes a shame about that the way the Giants have moved him around there is no chance we would get a second chance with him.

32 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

We have 2 fullbacks in squad in butterworth and Burton as yet we have one reconised winger on the books at present 

Johnson was shown on the video of the Scammonden training video but he will have to have lost a lot of weight since last season and shown that he's still got the pace to be given a new contract imo.

• Sad 1

A city club with rich owner and they set their budget yonks ago and selling season tickets for ages, same with the Bulls and Featherstone and no doubt even Dewsbury and even Doncaster. 

2 hours ago, Bill H said:

I've been reading that Wakefield have a £1.4m budget for the coming season and have shifted more than 5,000 season tickets.  Talk about haves and have nots.  It makes a mockery of the competiton really.

Why is it a mockery? I wish we could shift 5,000 season tickets and maybe we could compete with them 

We’d be lucky to sell a thousand ST 

just shows what happens when a ambitious owner comes along after been stale in SL for the last 10 years 

I’ve heard a few rumours of the last few weeks so we shall wait and see 

I heard Huddersfield wanted a four figure loan fee for McGowan which is ridiculous 

6 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Why is it a mockery? I wish we could shift 5,000 season tickets and maybe we could compete with them 

just shows what happens when a ambitious owner comes along after been stale in SL for the last 10 years 

I heard Huddersfield wanted a four figure loan fee for McGowan which is ridiculous 

Who you tease.

7 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

I say that because having a club with such a budget playing in what is mainly a part time league does not make for an interesting season or fair competition.  Good luck to Wakefield of course, and it's certainly for the greater good of the game to have wealthy owners in it.  At least we should get a good gate when we play them.    

1 minute ago, Bill H said:

I say that because having a club with such a budget playing in what is mainly a part time league does not make for an interesting season or fair competition.  Good luck to Wakefield of course, and it's certainly for the greater good of the game to have wealthy owners in it.  At least we should get a good gate when we play them.    

Well that’s the rules…

It’s not our chairman’s fault we can’t compete with them especially when we can’t get folk through the gates 

we sold 3k for the Wembley and 2k for the grand final but struggle to get a thousand home fans if we got them people every week we’d be in a better position to sign the players we all want to sign and be watching a better quality of player 

On 14/12/2023 at 14:07, bromleybulldog said:

That is precisely what you get from dual reg. 🙄

16 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Aiden McGowan joined bulls on season loan that leaves Lutterworth and Burton to get 1 shirt unless we sign someone else with the rourke money we were using for him this season

Well done Bradford for paying silly money to Huddersfield for a player who might not feature as they have Tom Holmes as full back 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Well done Bradford for paying silly money to Huddersfield for a player who might not feature as they have Tom Holmes as full back 

To be fair K Tom only filled in at FB cos they got no one else  now with McGowan on board and Patton leaving Tom will play in his proper number 6 slot alongside Lilly

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

We only have Taufua,Blackmore and Oakes as wingers. Blackmore missed a few games through injury so McGowan can play on the wing if needed

Lilley played Hooker in 2023 so it's likely we go with a spine of 

McGowan Holmes Gaskell Lilley