RogerT

On 18/12/2023 at 17:00, Keep The Faith said:

Why is it a mockery? I wish we could shift 5,000 season tickets and maybe we could compete with them 

We’d be lucky to sell a thousand ST 

just shows what happens when a ambitious owner comes along after been stale in SL for the last 10 years 

I’ve heard a few rumours of the last few weeks so we shall wait and see 

I heard Huddersfield wanted a four figure loan fee for McGowan which is ridiculous 

It depends what that fee covers, surely? If it includes contract payments and he only gets match fees directly from Bradford it would be quite reasonable. The fact is that none of us knows what is contained in any individual agreement, so to slate something as ridiculous when you don't know the details seems a bit strange.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Tempted to put my Monty Python Three Yorkshireman sketch voice on here... "Three wingers?! Luxury! We used to DREAM of having three wingers!"

Hurtling off-topic here but I assume that everyone knows the Three Yorkshiremen sketch wasn't from Monty Python.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It depends what that fee covers, surely? If it includes contract payments and he only gets match fees directly from Bradford it would be quite reasonable. The fact is that none of us knows what is contained in any individual agreement, so to slate something as ridiculous when you don't know the details seems a bit strange.

The fee is monthly plus the match fees as it is but I'm sure you’ll know more anyone else as usual 

13 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

The fee is monthly plus the match fees as it is but I'm sure you’ll know more anyone else as usual 

I said "none of us knows". Where does your inside information come from?

I see that you managed to scrape together 22/23 for yesterday's game. Not too bad at this stage of the year, is it?

Greg Johnson IMO looking at him yesterday has clearly trimmed down and he looked sharper in game contribution than for a long time. In fact when he came on and Kear moved to centre (where he SHOULD be anyway) we were tight on the left. Greg had a couple of decent moves. As one who has criticised, he is obviously putting in the hard yards and there's nearly 4 more weeks of work to go.

• Like 3

I know were in financial struggle this season but how is Whitehaven who struggled last season yet can get aussies to.cone join them I really don't understand thus we are shopping in duv 1 while a team who finished 5 places below us can find funds to attract these players 

On 20/12/2023 at 15:56, Blind side johnny said:

Hurtling off-topic here but I assume that everyone knows the Three Yorkshiremen sketch wasn't from Monty Python.

Wasn't Tim Brooke Taylor in that.. And he wasn't in Monty Python 🤣

Wasn't it more the Footlights clan? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, toffeedog said:

I know were in financial struggle this season but how is Whitehaven who struggled last season yet can get aussies to.cone join them I really don't understand thus we are shopping in duv 1 while a team who finished 5 places below us can find funds to attract these players 

just because they are an aussie ,doesn't mean they are any good and they may have a sponsor paying for the player and employing them as well. BTW im frustrated as well as most supporters are by our lack of signings and do honestly think we will struggle this season BUT if we ain't got the money to sign quality players , pray tell us how we fund this without going bust and there been no club to support . The problem is we have been spoilt by over achieving over the last how many years and our expectations get higher each year but by the same token all those that have attended the big games like grand final and wembley , most don't attend week in week out because if they did we would be able to match other clubs in signing quality players.... its the way it is unfortunately and also a big factor is central funding from RFL has been cut year on year and odds on there will be a club or two come end of next season that will go bust if they don't get in the top 4 by end of the season .

• Like 3

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

2 hours ago, coolie said:

Wasn't Tim Brooke Taylor in that.. And he wasn't in Monty Python 🤣

Wasn't it more the Footlights clan? 

The sketch was written by Tim Brooke-Taylor, John Cleese, Graham Chapman and Marty Feldman, and originally performed in 1967 on their TV series At Last the 1948 Show. The sketch was written as "Good Old Days" but when Monty Python started performing it live changed to The "Four Yorkshiremen"

• Like 1

I prefer the days of the Batley news when we’d hear that we were signing York’s Dan potter or Richard chapman for the 10th time under GT at least we had to wait and didn’t hear the moaners screaming on here! 

them were the best days if club is doing the business right it’s quiet which is good