Match thread: Championship Playoffs Semi-final. Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos. Sunday 8th October 2023.

marklaspalmas

On 10/10/2023 at 16:31, coolie said:

Think it's about time Super League and The Championship split

Each get their own TV rights

Each market their own competition 

Generate their own financial income

Combine championship & League 1

And then split into two, forming the 2 leagues halfway through making 2 competitions, Championship and plate... Playing both down to a Championship Grand Final where the 2 championship team play, and the 2 plate finalists play. 

Make the Challenge Cup an open draw... None of this super league joining the competition in the final stages. 

1895 cup expanded  to incorporate more games. 

Womens grand final to be played at Old Trafford as a curtain raiser

1895 cup to be played as a curtain raiser for the challenge cup final 

Kids game to be played before the 1895 cup

Well that's how I'd run things🤔

Good job then that you don't run things....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Good job then that you don't run things....

Well the way their running it🤔

Isn't very good or the game wouldn't be on its backside would it? 

And what your solution eh

Simply promote a team of historical bottlers to super league🤔😉

12 hours ago, TheYoungBaron said:

Coolie, I know some on this forum have seen your comments and taken the hump but I will stand up and say what you say makes a lot of sense. I'm no fan of SL. I'd have the mullaney kids curtain raiser at Wembley but will go with everything else you suggest. Coolie for president 😁

Thank you 

My comments as a life long fan of rugby league are an attempt to keep this fabulous game alive, and keep it there for future generations. 

How it's currently run only favours SL clubs and starves every team below... This has to change

• Like 7

Coolie, i totally agree and so do a lot of other people and have done for a long time, champ club owners have had to survive for along time on nothing, they are better qualified to run the game than r.f.l. , so let them have s.l.,and let champ club owners run the game before its too late and the games gone forever, and watching that so called showpiece last night it wont be long before sky  pull the plug.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I did mention that we should have looked at signing players from the French League. Corey Norman would have been ok. 

I remember that thread from a while back and Corey Norman was mentioned.  Its all water under bridge now of course but for those of us that thought the main problem all season was in the halves (for no end of reasons) - its just something else to be frustrated about. 

Anyway according to the report on the BBC sport website today London became the only team to win in Toulouse in 2023.  Good old beeb.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

I remember that thread from a while back and Corey Norman was mentioned.  Its all water under bridge now of course but for those of us that thought the main problem all season was in the halves (for no end of reasons) - its just something else to be frustrated about. 

Anyway according to the report on the BBC sport website today London became the only team to win in Toulouse in 2023.  Good old beeb.

If its not about Women's football it doesn't matter!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

At least we lost to the Champions - some consolation 😟 .

I'm a bit mixed with this one.  I take your point but I think I would have rather seen Toulouse go up.  I think it will take longer to accept that London have just got promoted.  London ?  How the hell did it happen.  I think any one of the top 9 now might just be looking at the play off results and thinking it could have been them.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RobLambert said:

I'm a bit mixed with this one.  I take your point but I think I would have rather seen Toulouse go up.  I think it will take longer to accept that London have just got promoted.  London ?  How the hell did it happen.  I think any one of the top 9 now might just be looking at the play off results and thinking it could have been them.   

I wasn't bothered who went up but good luck to London they've definitely earned the chance. We all knew the rules before hand.

• Like 5

How can London get an IMG "A" when they change their ground like they change their knickers , even though they have got to SL  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Just shows the farce of a competition where the team who finished 6th losing 11 games gets promoted on winning 3 games. Shows what a tinpot sport it has become.

Would the game have also been tinpot had we won in Toronto in 2019 after losing 9 games more than the league leaders? 

• Like 2