Sun 8th Oct: Ch S/F: Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos KO 18:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/23 at 18:00

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

Aye, but that's not the point. Winning on the pitch should be everything*. Now it's not. this is what's creating emotion in the streets of station lane. 

But Fev havn't won on the pitch?

So it is a pointless argument.

London and Toulouse will have done 3 times in the last few years and against the odds.

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

But Fev havn't won on the pitch?

So it is a pointless argument.

London and Toulouse will have done 3 times in the last few years and against the odds.

Its the last year that they could have won on the pitch though!!!

It's the very argument. 

Next year now feels pointless as a result.

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Just now, Rovers13 said:

Fans of the non fashionable championship clubs will walk away in their droves now 

Your reason , evidence, proof etc of that is what exactly? What is the Championship and it's clubs doing to build the competition? 

4 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

To use an old quote….”then the grading system is an ass Sir”

Not sure in which universe BV would get top marks, seriously. 

I haven't been convinced that the system as a whole is the right way to go yet.

Even within it, some of the details of the grading don't seem be what a lot of people expected either - your expectations for the ground grading is just one example.

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

The championship John will now be 30 friendlies for teams like fev swinton Halifax widnes Batley etc 

Aka pretty pointless, crowds across the board dropped away at other non competitive periods......they will drop to the couple of hundred max that the likes of the Queensland Cup & NSW Cup get. People will find other things to spend money on now more than any time in the past what with the cost of living squeeze on wallets. 

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

The common denominator to every argument is that Fev have not won on the pitch.

Not sure who's fault that is.

The club. Everyone is fine that they've lost. It's sport. 

What you're failing to grasp, is that next year the effort on the pitch doesnt matter. Ergo, what's the point.

• Like 2

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

5 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

My point is who’s going to turn up watch Widnes win league by 30 points get denied promotion for a say Toulouse side who finish 6th lol 

Come on at least put a bit of realism into it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

4 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

The club. Everyone is fine that they've lost. It's sport. 

What you're failing to grasp, is that next year the effort on the pitch doesnt matter. Ergo, what's the point.

What's the point for 90 percent of clubs in the champ and league one by that view.

3 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Aka pretty pointless, crowds across the board dropped away at other non competitive periods......they will drop to the couple of hundred max that the likes of the Queensland Cup & NSW Cup get. People will find other things to spend money on now more than any time in the past what with the cost of living squeeze on wallets. 

The difference between a non promotion championship and a non promotion NSW Cup & Queensland Cup is that SL, RFL, or the top flight clubs have the money available to sustain a high quality 2nd tier feeder league; reserve league, dual reg league. Whatever. 

8 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

My point is who’s going to turn up watch Widnes win league by 30 points get denied promotion for a say Toulouse side who finish 6th lol 

Well, I definitely would. Winning a game by 30 points now and then would be a good start.

Toulouse and London were the 2 best teams at Barrow  this year. Fev seemed not to have learned any lessons from the year before. They turned up with an enormous but aged pack. Barrow with a lightweight makeshift pack really had a go at Fev and by the second half Fev were blowing hard and noticeably slowing. Compare this to London and Toulouse who we couldn't touch for speed.

Edited by bar red

Just now, MattSantos said:

To climb the table, to build and one day have a shot. 

Feels like fantasy. 

See my 92 club football league analogy.