Sun 8th Oct: Ch S/F: Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos KO 18:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/23 at 18:00

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

I want the game to prosper grassroots up for me my grandson can’t even play league in schools now cos of head contact no idea where players are gonna come from now 

Yeah more and more schools will start to ban the game I feel. Yet are more than happy to take the credit from junior clubs for their pupils getting scholarships, academy places and ex pupils making debuts in SL etc......

• Like 1

I fear for the game I really do fev losing is a small minority in the context of things every SL club is in debt and I doubt every other club is in debt too. Can’t grow a sport with just chucking teams in SL and hope it works fev would have just brought as much as wakey did Toulouse  London will bring less grassroots for me to grow the game 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

I fear for the game I really do fev losing is a small minority in the context of things every SL club is in debt and I doubt every other club is in debt too. Can’t grow a sport with just chucking teams in SL and hope it works fev would have just brought as much as wakey did Toulouse  London will bring less grassroots for me to grow the game 

Your team lost and they have no one to blame but themselves. Deal with it. Nothing to do with IMG or anyone else.

• Like 6

But your not getting my point either putting fev in SL won’t change anything yes better than toulouse London for crowds but growing game no putting bulls in SL will grow the game but that’s about it from the champ teams at present. The games dying mate and bulls would just be a quick fix anyway band aid comes to mind. 

We have seen some brilliant games in the last two weeks both UK/France and Australia. The game on the field is in great shape.

Congratulations to London….amazing season given the challenges they face.  Squeaky bum time for SL teams leadership. Looks like they will have at least two home games next season with no or next to no away fans. Just one season though until IMG come to the rescue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feel bad for Featherstone, but it shows what happens when you just sign the best Australian free agents at the start of every season instead of slowly building a team over time through youth. They looked very disjointed, I think if Featherstone just stick with a few youngsters for a few years they could start to grow long-term. Cause splashing endless amounts of cash on whoever's available doesn't work.

• Like 1

I've just watched the game and have to say that London Broncos in attack looked pretty sharp. Defensively, they'll need to be a lot tighter next week but I'd say it's a 50/50 game next week.

As for some of the comments on here?

1. IMG haven't stopped Fev from being promoted. Feb, like Toronto before them tried to buy SL status and came up short when it mattered. 

2. The Ref? What is it about RL fans and referees? He had a good game in my opinion and that was an enjoyable game of RL.

3. Fev fans. I feel for you guys, but being a fan is about supporting the side in good and bad times. You may not ever get to play in SL but your team is just that...YOUR TEAM....stick with them regardless.

4. London and Toulouse bring nothing to SL. What a load of rubbish. Without the TV money, SL and RL would be on its backside and SKY don't care if it's Toulouse London or Outer Mongolia promoted. 

5. How many anti Hughes threads can we get? (posted by Leonard). London wouldn't exist without him, but he is 100% the reason that the club is part time with fewer than 1,000 as a fan average and playing in the second tier. If promoted, he won't spend a bean, but he'll just expect fans to turn up. They didn't in 2019 and they won't next year if we go up. 

6. Bradford should be promoted? WT actual F? Bradford went bust and are at their level. If they want to go up, then do it like everyone else. ON THE PARK.

6. In the 2 biggest domestic games in the northern Hemisphere next weekend we have 3 cosmopolitan cities and Wigan. Anyone who says that's bad for the sport needs to get out more.

Fantastic result for London. I'm pleased for those who got the coach up and happy for the players, but if they do pull off the win next week,they need new investment or otherwise they'll be straight back down.

COYB!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

I’m being serious now who is gonna watch fev if they Win league by 50 points img will say no I’m all for supporting sport but I ain’t throwing money away lol 

Go and lie down mate. Next year will definitely be your year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

It’s ok you will get smashed next week anyway mate but you or Toulouse in SL frightens me game will die even more 

You sound so bitter. Featherstone's crowds this year weren't very good for a team that was dominating the league and had the best chance ever to be in SL. They are no loss whatsoever to SL. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Tex what is ridiculous is the idea that you could have got into SL in the first place. How many chances have you had, how many chances have you missed. As a club Fev are just not good enough to get there and never will be. No you should not give up, Football has its Manchesters and it's Stockport counties. Fev has its level and unfortunately when the top table is only 12 clubs, or even 14, there will always be others more stronger and capable. Even this season clubs like Bradford, Halifax and possibly Widnes have for more latent potential to get to the top table than Fev will ever have.

How is it ridiculous to think a team that was 12 points clear at the top could win a play off for promotion? There are 4 maybe 5 big clubs in England plus Catalan and even a couple of those have been poor and down the leagues in fairly recent times. There’s then a bunch of clubs who could be anywhere from challenging in SL to being average championship teams. I don’t know what you’re suggesting but it’s sport, it’s cyclical. Under the right circumstances Fev could have been Salford, Halifax could have been huddersfield etc etc. our 15 year cycle just ended with the best chance we had to actually kick on being blown up. You’ve had 25 years in SL thanks to the bounce of a ball in 98 and despite some spectacular mismanagement, luck and favorable structural decisions. It’s pretty galling to hear we were wasting our time along along from a wakey fan in particular and also pretty demoralizing that people actually think this way.

I bet the premier league are so glad they don’t let rif raff like Brighton in and just keep big clubs like Leeds. Less eyeballs and stories otherwise.

• Like 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

3 hours ago, Rovers13 said:

I’m being serious now who is gonna watch fev if they Win league by 50 points img will say no I’m all for supporting sport but I ain’t throwing money away lol 

It's not up to IMG. It's the clubs themselves that approve the system. 

In any case, why would you be throwing money away watching Rovers play in exactly the same league as they are in now.

Your post-costcoital dysphoria will have worn off by next season and you'll be back.

7 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

I take no pleasure in fev failing but I’m pleased Toulouse have another shot at it

Whilst London in would be great it feels like Toulouse better equipped right now.

catalans gf win and Toulouse promotion would be a truly remarkable year for French RL

Wow, now that would really upset the Luddites….

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rovers13 said:

Fev will of lost a lot of fans tonight cos of img mate but more to the point the sport will have and will lose more over the nxt fee years from fax widnes bulls etc when drawbridge is up 

Fev have had over 20 years to get promoted into Super League and failed every time.

Fev have no one to blame but themselves for losing this game.

Fev not being good enough compared to Toulouse and London is not their fault, it is entirely Fevs.

None of that is anything to do with IMG or any drawbridge being pulled up.

And while your faux concern for what is best for SL, and that Bradford would be better, is endearing its also completely fake and contradictory to your other rants. They haven't earned it and certainly do not deserve it.

Your posts on this are pure sour grapes.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

Fev have had over 20 years to get promoted into Super League and failed every time.

Fev have no one to blame but themselves for losing this game.

Fev not being good enough compared to Toulouse and London is not their fault, it is entirely Fevs.

None of that is anything to do with IMG or any drawbridge being pulled up.

And while your faux concern for what is best for SL, and that Bradford would be better, is endearing its also completely fake and contradictory to your other rants. They haven't earned it and certainly do not deserve it.

Your posts on this are pure sour grapes.

Actually we've only had 18 chances out of 28.