Sun 8th Oct: Ch S/F: Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos KO 18:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/23 at 18:00

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

So why are you constantly moaning now on the match thread about this? Oh yes because Fev lost on the pitch, which was nothing to do with the IMG plans or what may happen in the future.

There have been a myriad of threads about IMG and the future, I don't recall you moaning about all of this on those. Now Fev have lost its the end of the world.

Yes none of us would even have heard of this chap if Featherstone had won promotion this season, so it's a  bit rich trying to ally with Halifax, Swinton etc.

Edited by Just Browny

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

Of course it's not saving the sport. Again, i repeat myself. Fev fans are upset because they see the dream taken away. In a dying sport, it would have been nice to have 1 more ride.

They're not giving up. It's been taken away from them*

*On the pitch

💯 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

So how many proper fans have London had for the last few years ?

Not enough.

But your point is whataboutism.

What was the attendance last night?

Toulouse got 4,300 btw.

Edited by Leonard

Just now, Rovers13 said:

Fev winning promotion isn’t the game is it browny anyway I’m done like banging head against brick wall I will come back in 5 years when theirs not rugby league at all 

Odd then 12k at Catalans and 15k plus at Wigan.

12 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Going to watch Yeovil do you think fans turn up just to watch the game? They turn up hoping one day they will see their team in the top flight 

I don't think that's the case.  With an average attendance of just over 2,000, I venture to suggest that they are more of a club for the local community than anything, though crows do shoot up for the occasional derby.

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Fev winning promotion isn’t the game is it browny anyway I’m done like banging head against brick wall I will come back in 5 years when theirs not rugby league at all 

The forum will probably be called TotallyNoRLAtAll by that stage then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

There are 92 professional football clubs in the UK.

The top 3 leagues are in all the top 10 best supported leagues in Europe and Bradford get 18k in League 2. The conferences averages something like 5k a game.

Was in Mansfield at the weekend and they got about 9k.

So people only go to football because they think they will be the next Man C?

No , but part of it is they might one day be allowed to play against Man City 

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

I don't think that's the case.  With an average attendance of just over 2,000, I venture to suggest that they are more of a club for the local community than anything, though crows do shoot up for the occasional derby.

Are they allowed an Academy team?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

4 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

You won't be able to come back in five years when there's no rugby league at all, because if there's no rugby league, there'll be no Total Rugby League fans forum, either.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Odd then 12k at Catalans and 15k plus at Wigan.

Yeah and 5k at Fev in the 2nd Tier with only 50 away fans.

Gradually to be 1.5k, then 1k, then 0.5k, no doubt similar epic 'growth' results across the other 20 odd clubs below the top flight, not top flight, seperate flight rather.....

Just now, Smudger06 said:

Yeah and 5k at Fev in the 2nd Tier with only 50 away fans.

Gradually to be 1.5k, then 1k, then 0.5k, no doubt similar epic 'growth' results across the other 20 odd clubs below the top flight, not top flight, seperate flight rather.....

The question was genuine as attendance not announced from what I can see.

If capacity is 7k i would be surprised if there was 5k there last night from TV.

1 hour ago, NRLandSL said:

You can’t just assume that every good player will recieve a super league offer and leave. It very well could happen but not everyone is going to get signed, and some players may stay if they think that the club is on the verge of promotion or they will receive more gametime. Your Making out that it is impossible to make it out of the championship without a team of experienced first graders which it isn’t true. Look at Batley last year they almost made it without the superstars that Leigh, Featherstone, Toulouse can sign. 

And I’m not saying overloading on countless first graders doesn’t work, of course it could, it worked for London, Toronto, Leigh etc. But Fev have been trying to do this for a long time now and it’s not working, so maybe a change in culture could be what they need.

You said " build a team over a few years " , the good players don't hang around when a full time SL contract is put in front of them , how will the players know if their club is " on the verge of promotion " when it isn't on field ? 

The fact that Fev finished 12 points clear suggests it does work , or it did , but just one game can kill it ( which is the rules pre season , so that's the way it is and should be , no argument ) but the goal posts are moving 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

So Wigan saints Leigh etc have bought their success what’s the difference hull kr 

The mismatch with simultaneously moaning about how unfair life is. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You said " build a team over a few years " , the good players don't hang around when a full time SL contract is put in front of them , how will the players know if their club is " on the verge of promotion " when it isn't on field ? 

The fact that Fev finished 12 points clear suggests it does work , or it did , but just one game can kill it ( which is the rules pre season , so that's the way it is and should be , no argument ) but the goal posts are moving 

Without indulging in my own whataboutism

There is an argument a lot of teams basically chuck Fev and Toulouse away and probably Fev at home because of the system.

Broncos a prime case for that and then playing well vs Toulouse at home - who don't travel as well.

Doesn't mean Fev probably would not have won the league - but the table would be closer.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

That is very true Leonard but I do believe the mention of IMG by some in the Championship is of what is to come not what is happening at this moment.

Yup - but having a side with 4 points every season is equally not the answer.

I'm not sure there is a Champ club with Del's money to do a Leigh at the moment.

The truth is there is no easy answer. My thoughts are more sides in SL with 2 up and down - solves all problems.

But the greed of SL chairmen will not allow that.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

How so?

Toulouse got 4,300 yesterday - so clearly better crowds and income stream.

DH would need to fund about 20 FT players in a short turn around with crowds averaging about 2k.