Newcastle Thunder

6 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

Sport is a business so the people sitting behind a desk with numbers know what they are talking about. Let Fev blow their money but don't come looking for a bailout when it all goes wrong.

And as for a bailout RFL hate us do you think they would bail us out it’s not April 1st lol. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Yes it needs to be done properly I certainly agree with that but not on shiny new toilets on coaches players and training equipment etc.

The shiny new toilets get more people through the doors which then pays for players. If you want to be in an elite league that’s what you need to do first

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

The shiny new toilets get more people through the doors which then pays for players. If you want to be in an elite league that’s what you need to do first

The product on the pitch gets me through the gates, not flashing lights and shiny toilets if I wanted that I wouldn’t watch rugby id go clubbing or buy myself a new toilet lol. 

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

This is where we differ I would rather watch wigan of 80s/90s in their old stadium than the poor wigan side today in their brand new shiny stadium. 

Poor Wigan side who just won the SL. Makes sense. Take the rose tinted glasses off and adapt to the times.

Just now, Rovers13 said:

Yes poor this Wigan side wouldn’t have lived with that Wigan side of 80s/90s. 

Impossible to know. I feel sorry for you. I know change is hard but you're taking it to a new level moaning about clubs making sure they have proper toilets.

Just now, NW10LDN said:

Impossible to know. I feel sorry for you. I know change is hard but you're taking it to a new level moaning about clubs making sure they have proper toilets.

I’m not moaning at all I’m saying I pay for the product on the pitch. The game on the pitch as got worse not better imo. 

Just now, Rovers13 said:

I’m not moaning at all I’m saying I pay for the product on the pitch. The game on the pitch as got worse not better imo. 

It hasn't though. Anyway, this thread has gone off topic now.

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

I’d rather watch a game 30 years ago than now. 

Back when they didn't take concussion seriously. Great times. As I've said, we aren't talking about Newcastle anymore.

5 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

The point I’m trying to make is entertaining rugby gets you off your seats not a new scoreboard or a new toilet. 

Bringing it back to Newcastle. Nothing wrong with their facilities (toilets or scoreboard) but unfortunately still hasn't worked out.

1 minute ago, Dovster said:

Bringing it back to Newcastle. Nothing wrong with their facilities (toilets or scoreboard) but unfortunately still hasn't worked out.

I feel sympathy for Newcastle especially their supporters, but like any club out of the big 12 they’re forgotten about. If investment and time by the governing body was put into Newcastle who knows. But we will never know now. 

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

It’s my opinion I preferred the rugby before SL. I had the chance to watch some cracking players. Not one today I will remember. 

The problem with SL today is that it is now a secondary competition to the NRL. Therfore the bulk of the best players/coaches are in Aus.

SL has been downgraded due to SKY not willing to pay for a premier competition.

3 minutes ago, Dovster said:

The problem with SL today is that it is now a secondary competition to the NRL. Therfore the bulk of the best players/coaches are in Aus.

SL has been downgraded due to SKY not willing to pay for a premier competition.

Probably so as NRL is far superior but it’s an Australian major sport so we will never be able to compete with it, we need to sell what we have and for me that’s the product we need to make it better somehow, not a new stadium or a new toilet. 

28 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

I’d rather watch a game 30 years ago than now. 

I've been watching old games on YouTube, this picture if every game being amazing is vert, very wrong. The majority are error strewn messes interspersed with some brilliant stuff. The scrums are particularly joyous, an absolute shambles.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

I've been watching old games on YouTube, this picture if every game being amazing is vert, very wrong. The majority are error strewn messes interspersed with some brilliant stuff. The scrums are particularly joyous, an absolute shambles.

It’s my opinion but the game was in a better state then than it is now. Packed wembley’s etc 

31 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

It hasn't though. Anyway, this thread has gone off topic now.

Ah but it has got worse.  It's become dull, predictable and one-dimensional.  It was much better to watch 30-40 years ago when the rules produced more varied play.

• Like 1