England v Tonga series

Good old Mick on twitter is saying the 2nd Test is 'moving into 5 figures' for ticket sales and a crowd of 14/15k is expected. One of those statements cannot be correct, surely. If we are only moving into 10k territory, are we really expecting to shift the rest in two days?

I know, it's Mick etc..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Good old Mick on twitter is saying the 2nd Test is 'moving into 5 figures' for ticket sales and a crowd of 14/15k is expected. One of those statements cannot be correct, surely. If we are only moving into 10k territory, are we really expecting to shift the rest in two days?

I know, it's Mick etc..

There's going to be a queue of 5k at the ticket office?

That 10 min delay at the first test will be a 7.30 pm kick off.

The bigger the crowd the better, but the way they have sold the tickets has made it difficult to get that crowd.

Where I want to sit was never made available, and if they have been selling half the seats in a section (which I doubt) before allowing someone to buy a seat that is available later that is just plain dumb. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hopie said:

The bigger the crowd the better, but the way they have sold the tickets has made it difficult to get that crowd.

Where I want to sit was never made available, and if they have been selling half the seats in a section (which I doubt) before allowing someone to buy a seat that is available later that is just plain dumb. 

Yup - I got the last 3 in the section, or so they pretended.

If I hadn't got those, I probably wouldn't have travelled up to sit in a rubbish seat and not checked back (why would you), so they would have lost my custom.

All because they are pratting around.

I hate that they have different prices in the same stand. They haven’t learnt from the World Cup. I’m really hoping IMG will have a different strategy to selling tickets. Leeds did have a map until a couple of months ago, I don’t get why they took it off what benefit does that do??? 

33 minutes ago, Intake Don said:

I hate that they have different prices in the same stand. They haven’t learnt from the World Cup. I’m really hoping IMG will have a different strategy to selling tickets. Leeds did have a map until a couple of months ago, I don’t get why they took it off what benefit does that do??? 

I initially thought there must be a problem with the Headingley map that they were going to fix - it was there when I booked my tickets but has been down for well over three weeks now. I'm starting to think they removed it intentionally for some reason.

On the subject of IMG selling tickets - if they were going to take over this, why haven't they already? It isn't something that is dependent on their grading system and they must have been on board with the RFL for about 18 months now.

1 minute ago, Barley Mow said:

I initially thought there must be a problem with the Headingley map that they were going to fix - it was there when I booked my tickets but has been down for well over three weeks now. I'm starting to think they removed it intentionally for some reason.

On the subject of IMG selling tickets - if they were going to take over this, why haven't they already? It isn't something that is dependent on their grading system and they must have been on board with the RFL for about 18 months now.

Don’t think IMG have anything to do with internationals.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

I know, it's Mick etc..

Didn't we sell around 1.5k tickets over the last couple of days last time? 

Suggests 10-11k

54 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

And you still can’t choose your seats at Headingley - madness

I chose mine.

But when I bought my 3 match package, I couldn't choose at St Helens because there was no map. Hence why I have checked several times over the months on the Huddersfield ticket situation, I wanted to wait until I could choose all 3 and was hoping the seat I wanted would open up in the meantime. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Hopie said:

I chose mine.

But when I bought my 3 match package, I couldn't choose at St Helens because there was no map. Hence why I have checked several times over the months on the Huddersfield ticket situation, I wanted to wait until I could choose all 3 and was hoping the seat I wanted would open up in the meantime. 

When was this? 

ti be fair im leaving it late as im not sure i can go on Saturday and I’m considering corporate for Headingley.

11 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

When was this? 

ti be fair im leaving it late as im not sure i can go on Saturday and I’m considering corporate for Headingley.

Booked mine in September

If you know the seat you want they will help you on the phone, but the calls aren't free

3 minutes ago, Hopie said:

Booked mine in September

If you know the seat you want they will help you on the phone, but the calls aren't free

To be honest im not that picky, it doesn’t bother me per se, it’s more that I can’t understand why they’ve changed it when it could put people off buying.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Don’t think IMG have anything to do with internationals.

International sides are already ranked.

So nothing for them to add.

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

Yep. A new ticketing platform was on their list. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

They probably mentioned something about it costing actual money to RFL Commercial who then suddenly went deaf and went back to playing Minesweeper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Ticketmaster provide the system? 

If IMG are best in class, then what are Ticketmaster?

So have we bought the cheap version off them or does the RFL spend all day micromanaging it too much and making it not fit for purpose?

If the latter, a new system isn't needed. 

13 hours ago, Hopie said:

I chose mine.

So that’s why you’re called Hopie!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

It’s surprising (not really) the number on X who think the faults with the international lie with IMG.

To be fair he was hoping IMG would become involved in the hope of improving the strategy.

Edited by Damien

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think the Headingley test may be close to a sell out - bar the Western terrace that is,

Just tried to get 4 seated tickets and you can't get them together.

"A crowd of 12,898 turned up at the Totally Wicked Stadium to watch England defeat Tonga and Serious About Rugby League can now reveal that ticket sales for the game at the John Smith’s Stadium are past 10,000 and on a similar trajectory.

Perhaps even more impressively the ticket sales for the third and final test, set to take place at Headingley on Saturday 4th November, are trending towards a sell-out crowd."

Leeds is great news. To describe 10k as amazing is some heavy lifting.

However, I suggested 40k to 45k all in all and that might not be far off. You would hope any loss would be small so a platform for better endeavours next season with Samoa.